Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

ever play Initial D at the arcade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 06:48 PM
Contributing Member

ever play Initial D at the arcade?

when i'm at the mall with my girl, i HAVE TO stop in the arcade and crack *** on the Wangan(tokyo extreme racer) game.
so last night i stopped in to do my usual *** crackin and right next to it is Initial D....
i was like........ .......... ........... ......... .........

i never saw the initial d arcade so i was in shock and excited all at the same time.....being a fan i jumped in line and slapped my tokens down. there must of been like 25 guys around the machine all with their cards in hand... needless to say i didn't get game last night. my girl was gettin aggy waitin for me. so i ran wangan for a while...

but tonite i got on and the **** is official........anybody else play it?
what did/do you think?
Old 12-14-2002, 11:48 PM

Talking initial D arcade

holy **** man!!!! i thought i was the only one......the other day at the university i was there and they were bringing it in......i popped the cherry on that bad boy hahhaha

it is pretty f.uckin awesome!!!!!

if you havent already played it, you HAVE to check it out....2 thumbs up
Old 12-15-2002, 04:09 AM

in japan theyre coming out with "special stage" now for PS2. lets hope it makes it to america (the manga and anime are coming). the arcade game is made by sega if im not mistaken. i think theres a dreamcast version in japan. special stage looks similar, so possibly the same people make it.
Old 12-15-2002, 08:08 AM

When iwas in Japan this summer I played a lot of ID. Does the machine by you spit out the cards so that you can build up a "Character"??

In Japan you can get a card and keep track of your car and stats. You get points to buy mods (like new wheels, spoilers, tuneups, exhaust, etc), and also to unlock the longass track where you do all the races back to back.

The story mode is pretty cool I guess, but my reading sucks so I mostly just played time trial. I think you get more points for time trial anyway.

I have a full tune Silvia and I had started building a hachi... man you can *REALLY REALLY* tell the difference in the handling of the two cars. LIke the hachi is really underpowered and handles funny and the silvia feels much more heavyhanded and stuff.. they did a very good job in that respect, however the handling/drifting is kinda iffy and the graphics really aren't all that awesome, but the overall package is really cool.... SPACEBOY!(even the steering... feels so tight!)
Old 12-15-2002, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, you put two extra tokens in to buy the card here too..
the 180 sx suxk untill you get it more power. i jumped on the red suns FD. much better..
i be seeing ID for PS1 on ebay.but the regional coding thing sucks...
also here on the arcade game the names are changed...... the guy in the R32 "zack" and itsuki is "iggy"
i think i've found a new hang out.
i havent tried time attack mode yet..... i think i'll do that today,

oh the japanese cards dont work on our machines either...
Old 12-16-2002, 01:24 PM

dude, i have been drooling and waiting to see when this came is coming to VA, if anyone knows of one, ill drive jus to play it..lol
Old 12-16-2002, 07:28 PM
Contributing Member

i've beem in the mall at the arcade for five days now......
time attack mode is the most point gaining of the two. i got card 041 and today a guy was inthere with card 700 sumthin..... all in 6 days.. you'd be suprised how many Initial D fans there are out there
Old 12-17-2002, 06:39 AM

wait they renamed the guys? Is the whole game in english??

I wonder why i haven't seen it here in NY... oh that's because they only play DDR here in NYC and all the arcades suck...

The 180 is really not so bad. Try playing the hachi a bit, you'll be like WTF is wrong with this car? haha
Old 12-17-2002, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member

yeah, the whole game here is english....