Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Formula D Judging fixed???

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 11:38 AM
Contributing Member

Formula D Judging fixed???

OK, I was out at round 4 of FD in Sonoma, and I finally see wut all the drivers are talking about. The judging is definitly fixed for American domestic cars. If anyone was out there, we all know that Saturday wasnt Ken Gushi's best day at all. Yet he still made it to best 8. Not knocking on Ken, but that was the first time Ive seen him not do so good. Looked more like something was bothering him, u could tell when he was in the pits.

Then theres Rhys Millen, he spun out on his first lap of qualifications. AND on top of that, his lines were not doing too good either. Yet he still qualified and ranked top 6 in the qualifying bracket. But I had the greatest smile on my face when I saw Alex Pfifer take him on the inside and eliminated him out of best 8.

And of course finally, the "Team Extreme" Mustang sponsored by McDonalds... WTF? He drove like **** the whole time! both qualifying runs he kept straightening the car out every 10 ft... he did ZERO drifting... but he quilified...

I met Jay Lapid (drove the 180 with the big bandaid) out there, he had one of the best qualifying runs and he qualified top 10 in non-seeded drivers bracket. But wasnt good enuff for judges on Saturday.

Conrad shoulda qualified, he had his lines right, never spun out. But in the end, to the judges, wasnt good enuff. (personal note, I spent 4 hours with the rest of the Motorsport Dynamics crew changing out that damn tranny Friday night after conrad blew 3rd gear... it was a b!tch to change out on the ground, almost broke my arm holding the tranny and after all that... Not good enuff. BS.

HUBERT! Again, not good enuff, even though he did way better than Rhys. He was on those lines like no other man... And drivers were saying that, other competing drivers that had already finished, were watching him do his runs and got scared thinking Hubert took their spot in top 16... But hey, shocked the living **** out of us all when we found out he didnt make it either.

But due to new rules and guidelines, we cant talk about judging and wutever they do up there during the event. Other wise the team either gets fined, or we get disqualified from the rest of the season.

Oh yeh, I also figured out why they moved the judging stand over to the edge of the horse shoe turn... they dont want drivers to walk up to em and start asking questions amongst other things... pussies.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributing Member

I guess that's just how it goes in the automotive figure-skating world.

-Justin
Old 07-17-2005, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Omg... Rhys killed our sport when he called it a motorsport ballet... Damn that fruitcake...
Old 07-17-2005, 04:59 PM

formula D just sucks in general
Old 07-17-2005, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member

Did u see the track they used in houston??? All those water drains everywhere. Hubert went thru 3 or 4 rims drifting out there. No one could drift at all out there.

I laugh most of the times when I see the tracks they have for us... The only one I dont laugh about is Irwindale (same track as D1)
Old 07-17-2005, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

A friend of mine drives an AE86 in D1 and just crashed his car.... again. I think his latest crash was on TV and he was whining about some bump in the chicane or something.

My position is that if you're a drifter, you have no right to complain about crashing.

-Justin
Old 07-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Contributing Member

Its all depending on area around u... u jus have to get use to the track and make the best of it.