Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Hahahahahaha Wipeout!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:45 PM

Hahahahahaha Wipeout!

Well, here goes.

I did a pretty good search and I didn't run across any threads like this one, but I thought that'd it'd be pretty entertaining. I don't know if this goes in the general forum or off-topic (please place in appropriate forum, sorry for placing in wrong forum if I did)

Here's what's up. I want to start a goofy little thread in which we all discuss our mess ups. If you've ever, spun, slid, slammed, stomped, curbed, mashed, smashed or just plain crashed your car. Let us know. We're you drifting, we're you racing. Where was it, how did it happen, how did you feel? What was running through your mind before, during and after the incident? Who was there? ETC. . .

Pretty much any and all details you can think of should go into it, this will make for some pretty cool stories so just reveal all and remember, the only people who don't mess up, are the ones who don't drive.

I'll get the ball rolling:

ALL ACCIDENTS SINCE I'VE PURCHASED MY 240:

@@@@ I was racing this Civic (illegally) and we were supposed to go straight down a road, curve left and the proceed to the stop sign at which point the race would be settled.

We get the go ahead and we're off, I wanted to impress the Civic guy so I held back so that I could show off my drift training behind him and pass him as I straighten out.

Keep in mind this turn is a single lane only!!!!

He gets in front of me and proceeds to the turn. At about 40-45 mph, I break traction and begin a damn near perfect drift. Just as I round the curve, I find this guy sitting at the end of the turn.

STOPPED!!!

He gets in the lead and then slams his brakes around this sharp bend.

Now I'm sideways, and I had a passenger, so it was either kill my best friend or hurt my baby. Sacrifices, he was a good man and had a good life . . . .LMAO . . . just kidding . . .

I immediately reverted back to my driving classes and performed a maneuver I was tought to quickly regain traction.

I swing the car around and bring the passenger side completely over the HUGE curb.

The car coasts to a stop and I get out to assess the damage:
Broken A-Frame
Passenger side rims damaged
Passenger side tires destroyed

The Civic driver claims that he heard my tires squeal and stopped to see if I was okay.

To this day, I STILL do NOT street race and I will always and forever have nothing but contempt for all Civics.@@@@

@@@@
Here's a recent one. A few weeks ago, a friend decided that he wanted to video tape some drifting of mine. That whole night, we got nothing but the best footage. I hung turns like a champ, and curves were a cake walk.

The night was so easy that I wound up breaking rule numbe ONE (1) of drifting: NEVER GET COMPACENT!

I came upon Army-Navy Drive and, since I had done that turn so many times before effortlessly, I thought that I'd just whip it around and give it another go.

WRONG!!!

I was so laxidasical that I hadn't judged my speed and turn-in propperly and wound up in a SUPER over-steer.

The tail end whipped out consequently causing me to over-correct. The front tires gained massive amounts of grip and bought my car up on the center retainer which divided A-N Drive from the Interstate.

I backed up and got the hell up outta there.

Once in a safe location, I got out to assess the damages:
Mangeled Tie-Rods (both sides)
Snapped Tension Rod (Drivers Side)
Horribly bent lower control arm (Drivers Side)
Clear Corner dislodged (Passenger side)

Fun night, but took me a week to get my car back on the road@@@@@

@@@@

The most recent event.

Myself and my neighbor, Will, decided that we wanted to go out to get some sloppy joe mix, meat and buns to make some faboo grub.

He sidetracks me telling me that he wants me to check out this downhill S-Curve that merges on to a mostly desolate part of the highway. This section of the highway is desolate because there is no way to intercept the on ramp as there is no other way on, the on ramp that we took was the first and ONLY entrance at that point. Behind that was a cement wall.

Anyway . . . .the whole way there I keep telling him that by me having no weight in the back (gutted interior) and having smaller tires in the rear as well that I would have to take it easy while driving.

I wound up not heeding my own advice.

I saw these turns and became entranced.

KEEP IN MIND:
We had done a few drifts before reaching the on ramp so I was already a little pumped with side-wind fever.

We reached the entrance ramp and I clutch kick the opening right curve.

SMOOTH!

I link it back and notice that we are EXTREMELY close to the inside curb. But we're moving sideways nicely, so I decide to-hell-with-it and I continue.

BIG MISTAKE!

I guess I hit a dry spot or something because the next thing I now, my passenger side front end is barreling towards the curb at an unstoppable pace.

The pass. side front wheel hops up on to this tremendously tall curb (6-10 inches) (it was a retainer curb)

Then, with my car still strattling the curb, I spin around and my rear wheels follow suit.

UP and OVER on the curb.

My car comes to a rest and in my haste I forget to keep the clutch disengaged so my engine has completely died.

I go to start the car.

Nothing.

I hold the ignition for what seems like minutes and my engine finally turns over.

I drive the car forward and am sickened as my rear end makes a loud SLAM as it plumbets 10-12 inches to the asphalt.

I drive to a safe area and assess the damages:
Rear Tires Destroyed
Rear Rims Damaged beyond repair

We ran a full out inspection once we got home to make sure there were no further damages, then went up to play video games.

The only thing that I didn't like about that last one, is that I had to "limp" the car back home because I only had one spare.

@@@@@

Hopefully that gets people started. Remember, don't be afraid to share it all, it's all in good sport and provides some healty entertainment.

Take Care,

-Dave
Old 10-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Contributing Member

Moved to OT

I've had one incident with a gaurdrail.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-

I've had one incident with a gaurdrail.

LOL nuff said
Old 10-20-2004, 11:32 PM
Contributing Member

Damn, is this all with the same car?
Old 10-21-2004, 03:41 AM

you drifted on army navy drive?? are u crazy??? there is normally cops eveyrwhere....cause of the pentagon, but uhh wow...good drifting skills tho.from what i heard lol

nate
Old 10-21-2004, 08:35 AM

no, i think he compiled them from other stories
Old 10-21-2004, 09:48 AM

Okay i have to contribute. But this has to do with my beater 91 Exploder 4x4. I baby the 240 sorry. She never sees any real danger.
But anyways, i was going to pick my bro up from a club his friends left him at drunk and standing in the rain. It was like 2 in the morning and pouring rain. And this club was a hour and a half away from home.
I finally get his drunk a$$ and we are heading back to the highway. Well there is this fun a$$ turn where Mockingbird Ln. circles onto Harry Hines. Its a 3 lane road you are turning onto so you can get hella sideways and not worry about hitting any curbs or running into any poles. Well i am going a good 50 mph in the rain around this circle turn and right onto Harry Hines drifting the Exploder sideways like crazy. And then the unthinkable. That motha ****a just got a hella of bite on the road and slung my Exploder onto its side. Man i was laughing so hard. My brother was so drunk all he said he remembered was waking up suspended by the seat belt thinking he was stuck in a tree. It was real funny because he kept saying help me get down from this tree. omfg. that **** was so funny. Took my mind off my head pounding against the windshield.
We were both ok. I had to call a tow truck to come and tip the damn thing back over. And never seen one cop. lol. But i had to drive the next hour and fifteen min. in the pouring *** rain with two of my windows busted out and my drivers side rear door not being able to close and one hell of a head ache. If i can get my digi cam to ever work again i will take pics. i still drive it around with the driver side all jacked up.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:48 PM

Not nearly as bad as the other but i think it was cool.

So first rain in 180something days in San diego, so i decide to go for a little spin at my old highschools parking lot doign donuts and what not a little dirfting. ok so there is this one spot to enter the parking lot where if u enter it goes down hil at kinda of an S

so i got from the school parking lot at the bottomwhip the back end pull about a 180around a blind curve still sideways turn wheel get the nack spinning the opposite way do it cleanly for like2 runs some back try it one more time all confident in my skills so i go ***** out i mean im going pretty fast i get the first part down the about 180 right but when i try to i dont countersteer fast enough so i spin out and hit some guardrail on the top of the hill with my rear corner of the bumper wasnt bad but kinda suprised me more than anything.
hard to explain i hope i did alright if not then ehh lol in short i hit a guard rail haha

thats my 2 cents
Old 10-21-2004, 06:05 PM

Aight my turn. Well i was coming down this hill behind my house (live at the base of a mountain lucky me, and i was pullin about 50 i would say and i had one pass. with me. So it was prolly a 75 degree left turn so i clutch kicked to the right to get sideways and then countersteered hard left to do kinda and inersa drift, but hence the kinda when i flicked left my rear was to close to the edge of the road and i caught some stones and it took me into a spin. I did two 360 before i got control and i guess i was lucky but had no damage to the car. And i havent had a rush like that since.
Old 10-21-2004, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by ArticDragon
Damn, is this all with the same car?
Yep, she's my baby, I love her, she loves me, fortunately, like good things, bad things come in threes. But I should really cut out the street drifting. It's making me look bad, cause I really am a good drifter. And it's the little messups in the streets that people see. They never see you tear up a circuit track with angles that make people cringe their butt-holes.

Oh and

shift_drift:

Yeah, and it's funny considering that I'm not in the army or the navy, LOL! But I know the consequences of my actions, A-N drive is sick with the cops, but I guess it's all good. I didn't get caught, but it's funny that you mention that, because one of the hairpins on the mountain pass right next to it is positioned right next to a cops house.

Take Care
-Dave