Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

I need help on a life decision

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:08 PM

Exclamation I need help on a life decision

Ok i really fu*ked myself over in high school and now really have no choice but to drop out, i know i screwed myself but i want to change i don't wanna be that 35yo guy u see working at McDonald's, or even worse the dude u pass on the street begging you for a couple quarters, i want to make something of myself but dont really know what to do, i know im going to get my G.E.D but were do i go after that, im so lost, i dont know what i can nd can't do i know i want to work in the automotive industry or something to do with car thats all i know and all i really want to know,so if you guys could help me out on what to do or if you've been in the same situation im in and could tell me what you did it would help me so much, thanx for taking the time to read,

Nate
Old 11-19-2007, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member

join the military.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by 1993Coupe
join the military.
+1, if you're saying you have NO CHOICE . . .as in, no matter what you do, no matter how hard you work you HAVE to drop out, then get your GED and join the military.

I'm not sure what you did, but usually with high school life there's quite a bit of leeway for f-ups . . .so I would say try to graduate, even if it takes another school year, if that doesn't work, GED it and enlist.

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Contributing Member

you usually go to college after you get your G.E.D, get student loans, yada yada. If you want to go straight to automotive there are specialized schools and stuff. If you have absolutely no choice, people usually turn to the military.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:16 PM
Contributing Member

well first off, knowing you're age would help as you would have to be 18 or older to start on a certain path that you may decide.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 PM

yes i would enlist but i have this this neuromuscular problem with my leg that holding me back from that..the reason i HAVE to drop out is because i screwed around to much and failed to many years and now ill be 22 before graduating and you can only be 21 ...im 17 at the moment and have 0 credits out of the 24 i need and have all freshmen classes
Old 11-19-2007, 06:36 PM

Well I would still continue on with classes as scheduled until they "made" you leave. The closer you get to graduation, the easier your GED will be to achieve. Dude, the GED is no joke, I looked at the exam, it's TIMED and it's DIFFICULT!

It's not something you can ABACADABA and expect to get your GED. So like I said, I would definitely continue on with schooling, but that's just me . . .

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
Contributing Member

i once heard something about being kicked out of school if you're 19. this was in cali about 12 years ago so it may or may not have been true.

does anyone know if the testing for the ged differ from state to state? i'm curious because a friend of mine dropped out and got his ged. this guy was not at all bright but he passed the test.

you might want to start looking for a trait that seems promising. but like the saying goes, "in life only death and taxes are certain" or something like that.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 PM

yea ive seen the exam and it doesnt look easy and i guess if i just kept going to school it would help me out in the long run...now to go figure out what career to pursue..do you kno if you can be an automotive technician with a GED?
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 PM

yea at my school its 21
Old 11-19-2007, 07:11 PM
Contributing Member

i have a friend that barely graduated and he's a tech at a dodge dealership so a ged should be fine.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:29 PM

you can definitely be an automotive technician with a GED, now adays, however (I don't mean to sound negative) some will take advantage of that fact and try to pay you less . . .but hey we've all started from somewhere . . .

Definitely bro, keep your chin high, no matter what happens, if you keep your chin up, you'll bounce back. This is a hurdle, life will be filled with them, you have to keep going and roll with the punches.

Scale this hurdle and move on to the next obstacle, clear that and keep going. You'll get passed this, become the next big talk of the town in mechanics and you'll be telling your son the story of how you were forced to drop out so that you make sure he doesn't make the same mistakes!

Your boys are here, bro! We have your back and we'll always be here if you need any advice or just someone to vent to.

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 07:35 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
This is a hurdle, life will be filled with them, you have to keep going and roll with the punches.

Scale this hurdle and move on to the next obstacle, clear that and keep going.
-Stig
how i wish i could tell you stig was lying. but yeah life is full of surprises to put it nicely. at least you're still young and realize you made a mistake or two, it's not the end of the world.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

i dropped out of highschool.

got my GED, all categories above the 90 percentile.

im not smart by any means, ****s easy.

im going to college, living by myself now.

i know how you feel man, dont give up, get your GED asap and go to college!

im 18 by the way.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:25 PM

you have no idea how much u guys have helped me, its like a second family here......what are you going to college for ayu?

Quick Reply: I need help on a life decision