Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Inital D

Old 08-04-2002, 01:26 AM

Inital D

It's very interesting to see what u guys talks about drift.

I don't know if you guys are much off a fans for Japanese animation but u might want to try to find the series called Initial D. It has a very good explaination about what drifts is all about in another way for street racing makes some of the circuit racing a "newbie" sort off. This Animation is also from the advice and supervision out from keiichi tsuchiya as well. He is apart from the animation production team so u might want to check it out seriously. There is a special DVD , where they interview him as well from one of the voice actress but it's hard to get that unless u order the region 2 dvd. There is a total of 4 seasons out for this series , but you should watch , the 1 , 2 nd and 3rd out of it. If u were to watch initial D , observe what they talk about drifts , not the story , anime , or whatever it is.
The hero in that series is not about the kid but , to me is his father , which is considered "god".

Keep in mind , a person who knows how to drive straight ways (drag race) are just newbies , those who master corners are mid drivers. A professional driver does not matter what u do on straight or corner.

You have people asking why in Initial D , they are only driving 100+ km/h , that is approx 65 to 70 miles isn't that fast. Well think of it this way , try driving on a mountain pass where u make a mistake , u die. It's more trilling that way , when ur turns on the mountain pass which is sharp (encouraged speed is approx 10 to 15 miles).

The course done in the 3rd season for initial D , is a good course where I think a street racer would try out.
Actually I maybe wrong about Initial D , come to think of it , some of them are more than advance.
Cause later in the series when they showed how the "god" drives , he practically smoked the others.

Last edited by Catharsis; 08-07-2002 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-07-2002, 06:43 PM
Contributing Member

my friend s is gonna burn the whole set of em for me. but this belongs in off topic in another thread intial d is not real and should not be a bas for knowlage for drifting. so im gonna move it.
Old 08-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

yeah
Old 08-07-2002, 09:15 PM
Regulate

How in the world can this post have over 1200 views already?
Old 08-08-2002, 06:08 AM
Contributing Member

I was wondering the same thing
Old 08-18-2002, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

I have the set. Best $25 I ever spent. They are a blast to watch. I still haven't finished them all.

All I know is that if I had to deliver tofu like he did it would get there like pudding.
Old 11-14-2002, 11:45 PM

I'll admit, I like Initial D too, but the drifting is INSANELY exxagerated until you get to the 3rd Stage - movie (it's more realistic then). The drift angles and the other moves they pull off are impossible within the laws of physics. And if you drop your tire into a chute-gutter like that, you will tear it up/off the wheel when you come out of it at any speed and less than a 70-80 degree angle.

Great series though, nice and long and drawn out, and AMAZING music.
Old 11-15-2002, 12:13 AM

its a good cartoon, i have stage 1 and stage 2 and the stage 3 movie. I have to say they did a good job in getting the race styles, i've been to japan numerious of times and have to say seeing gtrs and fd's speed along back country roads is very breath taking. way better than any street race i've ever been to here in the states.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:50 AM

keiichi tsuchiya also said that alot of it is unrealistic. ive been a fan for years and own all of it on tape (copied from the DVD). id like to read more of the manga like when bunta rapes takumi in the WRX, but i dont think it will be put to animation. oh well. theyre bringing it to america now, and mangling it and changing the names....sad...very sad..
Old 11-15-2002, 07:18 AM

What happened to Initial D in Japan? Did the series end after the Movie was released in theaters?
Old 11-15-2002, 05:40 PM

am i the only person that doesn't like initial D? i think the animation just sux and the racing doesn't look exciting at all...iunno maybe its just me

btw they are making a REAL initial D movie produced by jackie chan...iunno if its true but i think they started already or sumtin
Old 11-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Yeah I heard about that movie like 2 years ago. I thought they already came out, but they weren't called Intial D.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:41 PM
Contributing Member

as far as rude is concerned ID is an official toon for car people.
who care's if its 100% realistic?
it's entertaining to watch. the story line is all about cars and racing.
young kids commin up, learning about respect and honor with a big chunk of humor.
can't knock it, it's times better then HE-Man or that sponge bob thing

Search this Thread