Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

It's HERE! 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 aka The New Track Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 05:51 AM

congrats on the new project.

since you are in no rush. and aren't looking for an expensive build. i would recommend a re haul on the engine before you swap it in.

oil pump
water pump
thermostat
seals and gasket
re ring it

at the minimum water pump, and thermostat.

i'm sure you're planning on new flywheel and clutch while the motor is out.

good luck with it.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bumnah
congrats on the new project.

since you are in no rush. and aren't looking for an expensive build. i would recommend a re haul on the engine before you swap it in.

oil pump
water pump
thermostat
seals and gasket
re ring it

at the minimum water pump, and thermostat.

i'm sure you're planning on new flywheel and clutch while the motor is out.

good luck with it.

Yeah, I'm almost certain that I'll be either going with the silvertop or blacktop motor . . .when it arrives, I'll have someone rebuild her so that she can get ready for whatever direction I may go . . .I hear theories of a hybrid setup where I can have my ITB's but mate them up so that I can boost via a supercharger or turbocharger into them . . .don't know how "simple" or "complex" that will turn out to be, but I'm definietly looking at it.

It's going to be slow for the next 4-6 weeks, with the holidays coming up I have to place my priorities in order, have two major financial responsibilites to catch up on, then I have to make sure (from there) that I have my ducks in a line, I don't want to just randomly throw thousands of dollars into her, so I have to make sure that I build properly . . .first at hand, making sure she runs properly so I can go from being just a sitting goose to a steady driver. From there, suspension, then the conversion will commense.

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Contributing Member

what was that? You want an NA sr20 with vtc? and itb's too? sick

Or you can just go 4ag with weber carbs, or 4agze, or 3sgte, or f20, ahh the possibilities are endless
Old 11-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, nice little project. I wouldn't know what direction to take with that myself, so I'll just keep quiet. I'd love a GTS though. They're pretty hard to come by without that "Initial D Tax". Lol.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

You should move this thread to show and shine, I don't think it only applies to nissans or does it?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Not sure, it may . . .Club4Ag is dead as a doornail, but I pop in from time to time to search new things about the car, I've created an account but I have only made an introductory post.

I would like to keep the Toyota engine schema going, don't know if I'm going to stick with the 4A-C though, there's just too little power to be had with it, I'll most likely swap out for the fuel injected model unless someone can show me a pain-free way of utilizing power from the 4A-C, I highly doubt there is.

We'll see where this goes from here, I know I keep saying that, but all I can do is wait. 800 bucks of my next paycheck is tied up, plus another 450 for my Bimmer . . .then another 450 is coming out the following paycheck in order to take care of other things . . . so all in all, once that's take care of and I get my full paycheck to myself again, then I'll be able to start really going at it, like I said 4-6 weeks depending on how events pan out.

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter

I would like to keep the Toyota engine schema going, don't know if I'm going to stick with the 4A-C though, there's just too little power to be had with it, I'll most likely swap out for the fuel injected model unless someone can show me a pain-free way of utilizing power from the 4A-C, I highly doubt there is.

-Stig
I would say leave it Toyota , but make it original.
Use a 2007 Toyota 4runner SR5 V6 4.0litre engine, (236HP/266ft/LB.s of torque out of the box)...
SR5 5speed manual tranny, custom drive shaft, toyota 4runner LSD
Swinging mad donuts!!!

Last edited by BigVinnie; 11-19-2007 at 06:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
I would say leave it Toyota , but make it original.
Use a 2007 Toyota 4runner SR5 V6 4.0litre engine, (236HP/266ft/LB.s of torque out of the box)...
SR5 5speed manual tranny, custom drive shaft, toyota 4runner LSD
Swinging mad donuts!!!

ROFLMAO!

Vin, I love you brother, we definitely need to find a way to hang out one of these days, I need a day to figure out what exactly is going on inside that big ol brain of yours! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
ROFLMAO!

Vin, I love you brother, we definitely need to find a way to hang out one of these days, I need a day to figure out what exactly is going on inside that big ol brain of yours! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

-Stig

It reminds me of the days when Nissan released the limited edition 1988 Nissan 200sx(with the VG30e). Accept Toyota's modern technology dohc V6 would definitely give the old s12 a run for it's money.....Well more like a spanking.... I say do it stig do it!!!! More reliable with no turbo bolt on crap anyways, easier on the fuel to.
Name:  200sxVG30e.jpg
Views: 303
Size:  56.8 KB
Name:  200sxVG30e1.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  55.5 KB

Dude imagine this engine in your Corolla!!!! LOL man I'll leave you alone now..
Name:  2007ToyotaFJCruiserEngine-lg.jpg
Views: 468
Size:  78.3 KB
Name:  2007ToyotaFJCruiserV6Engine01.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  95.7 KB

Last edited by BigVinnie; 11-19-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:49 PM

LMAO! I kinda wanna keep the car light weight and somewhat balanced, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! But yes, that is an entertaining thought, I just want to find place . . . .besides Ebay Motors, where I can find used engines for these vehicles.

-Stig
Old 11-19-2007, 08:03 PM
Contributing Member

put a busa motor in there!

or maybe a harley twin?
Old 11-19-2007, 08:08 PM

Old 11-19-2007, 08:15 PM

The 1GR-FE weighs about 380LB.s (V6 Tacoma, 4runner, FJcruiser engine aluminum block)
The 4A-GEU weighs roughly 418LB.s or 123Kgs (I4 AE86 corolla GT-s cast iron block)
The V6 is lighter

It would be pretty balanced, but costly.

Last edited by BigVinnie; 11-19-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Ayuaddict
put a busa motor in there!

or maybe a harley twin?
v twin would be pretty bad ***.

some of those motors are pretty crazy. my dad has a vrod with 115hp and a 9k redline stock.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by BigVinnie
The 1GR-FE weighs about 380LB.s (V6 Tacoma, 4runner, FJcruiser engine aluminum block)
The 4A-GEU weighs roughly 418LB.s or 123Kgs (I4 AE86 corolla GT-s cast iron block)
The V6 is lighter

It would be pretty balanced, but costly.

Sounds tempting, but I don't have that kind of money . . . the SR20 would be a cheap swap, but I want to go with Toyota . . .the 4AG is probably going to be the most affordable and economical swap, I can always swap in something else when I get a bunch of money to throw away, but I dunno bro, I can jokingly modify the 4A-C ( note I said jokingly ).

But yes, you do have a point, but so does my bank account . . . it's cheaper to go with a 4AGE 16v or 20v for the same money as that swap and probably make some pretty good power . . . ish LOL!

-Stig

Quick Reply: It's HERE! 1986 Toyota Corolla SR5 aka The New Track Car