Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

japan here i come!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2004, 02:42 PM

japan here i come!!

well my parents gave me the choice of christmas here or go to japan and see my sis and her husband.....screw christmas, lol

well i leave the day after i get out of school which i think is the 20th of december.

so heres the question, anyone stationed in yokuska (sp?) im going to be in yokohama probably the whole time and go to tokyo.

so, junkyards....what are the good ones? any popular ones? cheap ones? im mainly lookin for s13 headlights, badging, r32 tail lights, and s13 interior parts.....if u didnt notice im goin for the jdm look.

are junkyards the same as ones here? its just a bunch of cars and u look around til u find what you want? or are they nice and organized? and do they specialize in specific automakers??

thanks guys,
nate
Old 09-19-2004, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member

Moved to OT

Good choice btw lol
Old 09-19-2004, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

try your best to get a contact that would ship parts to the us. it's the best thing you can do. and JDM parts is teh hottness just because they're foreign (sp?)
Old 09-20-2004, 09:24 AM
Contributing Member

Be sure to take lots of pics for us to see!
Old 09-20-2004, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

take a crap load of pics, skylines! silvias! the junkyards, the whole nine yards! and if you got some time try getting some jdm parts o that you can seel if your ever in the need for cash when you get back in the states ^_^ good choice btw japan rocks, or thats why my brother tells me
Old 09-20-2004, 12:18 PM
Contributing Member

This makes me realize, America sucks. Not really.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:25 PM

get me the side/rear s14 K's emblems...and the rear silvia badge

-Jaysin

Last edited by SINxSELEKTAH; 09-20-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:29 PM
Contributing Member

I wonder if he even has a camera to take these pictures for us, lol. I hope! But if you do, Get loads of pic. Like: Gt-R cop cars (if you see one), mts., lots of silvias! K's & Q's, whatever els, etc.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:58 PM

trust me i got a digi camera, 5 megapixel btw.

anyways, yea thats exactly what my dad said i should do, setup a import export service. He said get the guy off my bro inlaws ship and give him a list of the parts i want, for each part i pay him like $10. When he gets the parts, he send them to me(duh) then i ship/give the parts to the people that want them.

SINxSELEKTAH - i "could" get u that, just depends on how many junkyards and if i can just walk in to them, if i can just walk in and look at cars, then yea i could get u that. just got to see how much it would cost cause i can bring it back with me in my suitcase which will already have s13 headlights, r32 taillights

get this, i just talked to my bro in law.....in yokohama i can get a r32 for $6500.....i wish i had $6500. idk if its gt-r or what tho, but i could care less, its a skyline, lol

man.....i cant wait, december is tooooo far.

later
nate
Old 09-20-2004, 02:01 PM

also forgot to say, if u guys have loose cash.... i found flights to tokyo for $595 + tax......

nate
Old 09-20-2004, 02:33 PM

I have been told that you have to show proof that you own the car that you are getting parts for. Thats what I have been told by guy that were live there when they were in the millitary. Might have changed in the last couple years. Let us know.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by shift_drift
SINxSELEKTAH - i "could" get u that, just depends on how many junkyards and if i can just walk in to them, if i can just walk in and look at cars, then yea i could get u that. just got to see how much it would cost cause i can bring it back with me in my suitcase which will already have s13 headlights, r32 taillights

get this, i just talked to my bro in law.....in yokohama i can get a r32 for $6500.....i wish i had $6500. idk if its gt-r or what tho, but i could care less, its a skyline, lol

man.....i cant wait, december is tooooo far.

later
nate
they're just little emblems you can even stick em in your pocket and not pay for them while you're in the junkyard

as far as the r32 for 6500, sounds like the price of a GT-S...but if it's an GT-R...hot damn...now that's a deal...but then again you gotta get a japanese DL for about $3000-3500 but then again...it's damn well worth it.

-Jaysin

Last edited by SINxSELEKTAH; 09-20-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-20-2004, 03:20 PM
Contributing Member

it such an odd thing huh? in japan a used skyline goes for 6 to 10k (american dollars and depending on condition) while in the states its about 15k (roughly) for a r32...makes me think........and you know ...no matter how hard i search i cant find a freaken photo of a skyline police cruiser
Old 09-20-2004, 03:35 PM
Contributing Member

Dang! How much does a used Silvia S14 k's go for? You should bring everyone back a suvanear,haha. I want front and rear (JDM) Silvia emblems, and Sil. grill for an S14, haha. j/k
Old 09-20-2004, 04:39 PM

well, since u two guys asked soo nicely, i will pick some up, i like the idea of throwin in pockets, all i have to do is take out a leatherman, and rip its off and no one knows ...........i think i will.

also, rite now im thinkin of buyin other parts i could get good money for, like s15 headlights, at jspec.com they are $750....i guess i could make a killing if i sold em for $500, but then jspec "could" catch on if i sold a lot

hmm im having too many ideas goin through my head!! ohh he just sent me new pics, its of a toyota previa with a big bodykit, chrome rims, big wing, all the rice u could want, in a van!!! haha
supposedly they are all the rage over there

nate

Quick Reply: japan here i come!!