S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   japan here i come!! (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/japan-here-i-come-15912/)

SnickersGirl 09-20-2004 05:23 PM

Japan sounds fun, feel free to stuff me in a suitcase!!

l3ooherS14 09-20-2004 06:49 PM

Dang dude, Buy em and sell them on eBay. They will sell good. So you gona pick them emblems up hu? :P

shift_drift 09-20-2004 07:42 PM

yep getin emblems, lots....

the ebay thing, i dont want to cause well... they will show up on any cars, fords, hondas, acuras, toyotas.. blah blah

but yea so far on my list of goods is

emblems....lots
s13 headlight assembly
r33 headlights
r32 taillights
type-r steering wheel(for my friend)

thats what i got so far

nate

-HyJynX- 09-20-2004 09:20 PM

I hope to go to Japan next year, but not sure yet. I don't know if I want to boost the Miata or go to Japan

a94autocamry 09-21-2004 09:04 AM

^ do both :idea:

l3ooherS14 09-21-2004 09:08 AM

But he's on a budget tho. I have just taken shift-knobs and stuff from junk-yards a few times. Dont let them catch you prying emblem off of cars and not paying for them, lol.

TWAN 09-21-2004 09:57 AM

Originally posted by jboo88
Dont let them catch you prying emblem off of cars and not paying for them, lol.
yeah they might cut your fingers off.

Chedderknight 09-21-2004 10:07 AM

dam japs and honor! j/k ^_^ me and my g/f are planning a trip to tokyo sometime in a year, we have a anime fetish......hey isnt anime like a daily cartoon thing in japan?

-HyJynX- 09-21-2004 10:26 AM

Originally posted by a94autocamry
^ do both :idea:
Oh I wish I can haha. I think it's only going to be one(don't know how much japan trip will cost yet)

shift_drift 09-21-2004 01:23 PM

hyjynx - yea im lucky i get to go, never expected to have family in japan and be able to go to japan, 3 months ago it wasnt ever going to happen

yea hopefully they wont chop your fingers off for stealing, that would mean i cant drive.

also TWAN - junkyards in the u.s.? or in japan, if in japan, where were they?

later
nate

a94autocamry 09-21-2004 06:35 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Oh I wish I can haha. I think it's only going to be one(don't know how much japan trip will cost yet)
hehe yea....people wish alot of things... :spin:

swannjay 09-22-2004 09:30 PM

Go to UP GARAGE in the outskirts of Yokohama. Good for used "JDM" wheels and other misc. used parts. Ask around. Make sure you don't get it confused with UP's GARAGE which is more towards Tokyo. Check out the Yokohama Bay bridge/Daikoku Futo on Fri-Sat nights. Cruise the streets Sat. nights for some street action, you'll see what I'm talking about. Hell, you might even see some of my friends still playing like little kids.

Edit: Got mixed up. UP's Garage is in Yokohama. UP Garage is in Zama/Tokyo area.

gladhatter 09-22-2004 11:45 PM

Go to the Auto-Hobby Shop on Yokosuka. Ask around about parts. Junk yards can be difficult to hook up with. Many will ONLY deal with garages. They don't often let people come in and browse. We have a couple here that we have hooked up with but it took some time and we had to develop a relationship with them. Any "Tom Dick or Harry" aint walking in and walking out with a truck-load of goodies. The Hobby Shop could be your best source.

TWT00 09-23-2004 09:13 AM

gladhatter is right, it is kinda tough to get in with some of the good junkyards here in Japan. You should be able to find some stuff but remember that there are tons of us already here in Japan selling these parts on ebay. Its getting really hard to find stuff anymore in the yards. Your best bet is to hit the used shops like "Up Garage" said above. They usually can even call around and find the stuff you may want. I wouldnt suggest the pocketing stuff if you do make it in the yards though. LOL Not a good idea. Have fun though. Japan is great, been here 7 years.

l3ooherS14 09-23-2004 12:31 PM

Just curious, What would they do if they caught you?