Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

my religion

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 01:20 AM
Contributing Member

my religion

i came up with a religion about a month and a half ago, kind of by off chance really...my religion calls for no church, no priests, no bible, and no worship. my religion (as of yet doesn't have a name) belives in god and believes in a "heaven" though. basically i plan (if i ever get super serious about it) to publish books that stress our main points, and that be it, i wont sale the books or nothing like that (if i do it will only be to cover the cost of publishing them) but the goal is to kind of not make money from the church 'cause i feel this is whats been tainting too many other religions. okay, basically this....everyone knows right from wrong, correct? everyone can shut out all other distractions and sort of meditate....our belief is that god is everywhere, inside us all even, which elimates the need for church. so since god is inside of us, while your are in this meditive state our beliefs are that you can "talk" to god, and he will talk to you. you can ask god a question, and before you can finish the question in your head....the answer is there....i seriously hope i'm not the only person that a) has this problem or b) talks to god this way
but yeah, be groovy to others, dont steal, don't beat up people, be a free thinker, dont look down on other religions, and above all, EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OWN BELIEFS! no one is right or wrong, and even in my own religion i hope EVERYONE will have a different view of it, and make it their own....we as a society are moving further and further away from god as science progressively dominates our lives, and i think is a tragedity to loose that part of ourselves....these two ideals can coexist i love science, hell i'm going to school to become a doctor...we just can't forget that at our core, theres something that science can't explain, and thats where faith takes over.
to me, the concept of the hell generally thought of by most people doesn't exist...period. we are human, our brains dictate our "heaven" and our "hell"....its like this. basically our brains are electrons firing, this is energy...i know its a lot more complicated than that so i'll try my best to explain it all...electrical impulses, thats about as best as i can get now that i think about it....basically, our brain is a series of electrical impulses that fire...and another word for electricty is ENERGY....physics tells us that energy will always exist in one of three forms, potiental, kinetic, and stored....energy cannot be destroyed (unless you have anti-matter....and unless your creating anti-mater or are harvesting it from the center of our galaxy which i'm sure can be ruled out). now that its been established that energy cannot be destroyed, and that our brains (the things that are basically our essience) can be considered energy....we can say with certanity that a part of us will live on forever...hience an afterlife. but to me, heaven is different for everyone...heaven is what ever you want it to be, anyone you want there is there, anything you want to do there, you can do....on the flipside, hell i imagine would be just as individulized as heaven, for people's viewes are different i cannnot say what they might be to you as an individual. this ties in back with the whole "everyone knows the difference between right and wrong" deal....and no one can say weither you go to heaven or you go to hell. if you've lead a life that to the best of your knowledge you've been a good person, then you will go to heaven. but if you've done things in your life (and really only you and god know) that you yourself are ashamed of, and that you yourself haven't forgiven yourself for...than chances are you will be sending yourself to hell. i'm sure more of my religion will come to me, smoking pot is a big part of my religion as well, but i haven't figured out what i can say its for...i'm sure i'll figure it out though.

i actually have 3 things centered around smoking pot....my religion, my peace movement, and my push to make pot legal...they are all tied into one another...maybe i can combine all three...
Old 09-23-2002, 12:31 PM

religion is for the weak minded.

uts on flame suit and battens down the hatches:
Old 09-23-2002, 12:36 PM

Originally posted by Fette
religion is for the weak minded.

uts on flame suit and battens down the hatches:

<douses fette with gasoline waiting for someone to light her up>
Old 09-23-2002, 12:37 PM

burn baby, burn!!!
Old 09-23-2002, 01:26 PM

i don't have matches on me, but consider yourself virtual flamed...
Old 09-23-2002, 01:30 PM

HUH ?
Old 09-23-2002, 01:35 PM

forget matches.

*retrieves flame thrower*

:FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT:

Old 09-23-2002, 01:36 PM

smells like chicken!!,.....mmmm chicken!
Old 09-24-2002, 09:11 PM

did someone mention food? I had some chicken at Ponderosa today