Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Night7Racing... might want to read this.

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2004, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

wow that's what happens when you're shady.... if it's all true, that is.

hmmm.

Well I'm not buying a Skyline so.... oh well.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:04 AM
Contributing Member

Funny how night post on another thread but didn't bother to reply in this one

hmmmmmm
Old 04-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Contributing Member

Smokie>He usually doesnt even look at off topic
Old 04-12-2004, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member

ohh cuz if my name was in the subject line of a thread i would darn sure read it. Im just as curious as everyone else cus my buddy is in tucson and i was debating buying a clip from night but not if the business practices are suspect. ya know
Old 04-15-2004, 10:53 AM
Contributing Member

Victor is a Joke. RBMotoring DOES NOT have the ability to legalize Skylines. They ARE a Registered Importer, but their petition has not been approved for importing them. MotoRex has been in contact with me directly and has confirmed with me that I am able to import and legalize Skylines DESPITE what Sean Morris would like people to believe...who, himself, is driving an illegal white R34 around the US daily...$250,000 fine and up to 15 years in prison. I get Valid US VIN's for all of the vehicles I import as well as Valid US Titles...If you don't believe me....go look in the "For Sale Section" at the S14 Silvia I have listed there.

Night

Originally posted by areitu
Victor at RB Motoring, the only people other than Motorex who can legally and legitimately import and legalize Skylines, told me not to worry about Night7. So I'm not. If you buy a Skyline from anybody other than Motorex or RB Motoring, and drive it around in Southern California, it's only a matter of time before it gets taken.

By the way, the person on the thread, tyndago, is Sean Morris. He used to work at Motorex, but quit because he didn't like how they abused customer cars and a ton of other bad business ethics. SO he went over to RB Motoring...
Old 04-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Contributing Member

Re: Night7Racing... might want to read this.

Now, as far as this crap is concerned...I know what the Skyline post is (a handbook for anyone that wants to import Skylines). I am banned from Automotive Forums because Sean Morris requested that I no longer post there...he didn't like the competition, and I didn't like the comments from everyone's brother that had no basis for talking.

THe next thread from automotiveforums is about pissy lil b*tch Christian, aka Musicsurfman, ProjectRB240SX....same guy. He bought a set of motor mounts for his RB20DET and couldn't figure out how to get them working....posted claims that they didn't do anything and got caught up in a number of lies by myself and the Nico administration. I proved that the mount kits worked with pictures...and then he was banned from posting anything against me on Nico....so, he took it to other forums where he knew I was banned so I couldn't retaliate. I notified one of the Nico admins about the charade on the other forum and shortly thereafter Christian apologized to me and then asked that his thread be removed....now he's still up to the same ol ****....oh well, never have trusted him.

He's also what's going on...on Nico...stirring up trouble to try and get other people feisty.

Lastly...I don't EVER check the Off Topic thread....so thank you Smokie for alerting me of this thread.

Night
Old 04-15-2004, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
Victor is a Joke. RBMotoring DOES NOT have the ability to legalize Skylines. They ARE a Registered Importer, but their petition has not been approved for importing them. MotoRex has been in contact with me directly and has confirmed with me that I am able to import and legalize Skylines DESPITE what Sean Morris would like people to believe...who, himself, is driving an illegal white R34 around the US daily...$250,000 fine and up to 15 years in prison. I get Valid US VIN's for all of the vehicles I import as well as Valid US Titles...If you don't believe me....go look in the "For Sale Section" at the S14 Silvia I have listed there.

Night
Umm. They sold the "white" R34, which was featured on May 2004 of Sport Compact Car. Hate to break it to you, but it's actually green. As for legalization and importation, you know what motorex does? They call in illegal skylines, get them impounded and buy 'em out of auction. Also, "daily driving" to some people means driving it -every day- and to other people, it means, the car gets fired up once a week and driven to the gas station. Besides, I think Sean drives something else. As for penalties, this is waaaay off topic, but what will the DOT do to you if you drive around on some Advan Neovas?
All of that, and one has to realize that the threads at Automotive forums are a bit moldy. The only reason anybody knows it's there is because it's a big sticky on the top of the Skyline forum. I actually read the dates on threads! A lot has changed since the thread went up! Something you can probably attest to.

There are a few things that Sean pointed out about you, that you didn't rebut or have an answer for. Maybe you did and the thread is hiding around somewhere. I love all you guys (in a wholly platonic sort of way) but in all honesty, I would say your credibility is more questionable than theirs.
For the record, my reason doesn't have to do with that fiasco with the front clips--things happen that are beyond one's control and I can understand that. It's because RB Motoring makes a living off of the importation and sale of Skylines. Granted, Motorex is the only company of the two that has big one-page ads that say "Live the Dream" but when you mention "legal" and "Skylines," those two names usually pop up.

I don't hear anything else, and if anybody else were offering cheap and legal Skylines, their name would be plastered all over the place.

As for the Silvia you have for sale, that's great. But the thing is, the 1995 Nissan Silvia is substantially similar to the Nissan Silvia 240SX. I'm sure it took some work to get the vehicle control number, which may explain the rather steep pricing. The thing is...the Skyline has absolutely no US equivalent, and I suppose that makes it wee bit more difficult to legalize than a 240SX or 360 Modena.

Last edited by areitu; 04-15-2004 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:03 PM
Contributing Member

If they sold the white R34 in the states...they are in HUGE trouble with the US Government. That car is non-US legal, non-OBDII....it's NON-COMPLIANT.

MotoRex can call in whatever they want...if the person that owns the car has all documents to prove that it is legit...then it can't be taken away...they haven't touched any of my cars. I've talked to Hiro (owner of MotoRex) quite a few times...never had a problem with him or them.

I did rebut about everything that Sean Morris said...some of my posts were deleted from that thread...to make it all the more look like I was wrong.

I haven't come out full force with our Skylines. We are testing the market for them on local AutoTraders, ebay etc... to see what kind of value they have in the US. We aren't plastered everywhere because I don't want to be. I wantt o supply Skylines to people that want them slowly across the nation and sell a lot in AZ to have a Skyline club.

True, RBMotoring's name pops up when you hear Skyline and Legal....because Sean Morris posted all over the web that they were going to start importing Skylines and legalizing them...I'll believe it when I see it happen.

The S14 Silvia is harder to register than a Skyline because there is no precedent for importing them...as there is a Skyline. I have JK Motors (MotoRex's) documents reguarding Skylines...what needs to be changed, what doesn't...what US equivalent all the parts in the car compare to etc... Skylines take less work to get legal because of that.

Last edited by NightXCZ77; 04-15-2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2004, 02:11 PM

If they sold the white R34 in the states...
And they didn't.
And besides, it's actually green.

MotoRex can call in whatever they want...if the person that owns the car has all documents to prove that it is legit...then it can't be taken away...they haven't touched any of my cars. I've talked to Hiro (owner of MotoRex) quite a few times...never had a problem with him or them.
They don't exactly have the best rep around here, though.

I did rebut about everything that Sean Morris said...some of my posts were deleted from that thread...to make it all the more look like I was wrong.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But what about when he pointed out that you were contradicting yourself? I'm not trying to prove anything, or trying to make you look bad, just looking for answers.

As for selling them, only time will tell!

True, RBMotoring's name pops up when you hear Skyline and Legal....because Sean Morris posted all over the web that they were going to start importing Skylines and legalizing them...I'll believe it when I see it happen.
They already have. But you live in Arizona, and they're in Southern California, so you know, it's kinda hard to see who's doing what. He's also been posting less because he's been a lot busier.

The S14 Silvia is harder to register than a Skyline because there is no precedent for importing them...as there is a Skyline. I have JK Motors (MotoRex's) documents reguarding Skylines...what needs to be changed, what doesn't...what US equivalent all the parts in the car compare to etc... Skylines take less work to get legal because of that.
I see, I see. Also, it makes sense that it's a '95 because OBD2 is a total pain in the ***. What I meant to say when the S14 had a brother-car here in the US is that you can basically compare two cars and see what needs to be added or changed.

Have you heard about what the DOT has been doing lately?
Old 04-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Contributing Member

And they didn't.
And besides, it's actually green.
Good, glad to hear they sold it out of country...but driving it in the states on dealer plates without bringing it into conformity and allowing it to leave the bonded RI facility is against the law.

They don't exactly have the best rep around here, though.

MotoRex doesn't have the best rep with anyone...they make a ****load of money on all of their cars...monopoly.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by areitu
[B]
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But what about when he pointed out that you were contradicting yourself? I'm not trying to prove anything, or trying to make you look bad, just looking for answers.

As for selling them, only time will tell!
I was contradicting myself to get information out of Sean. If you read through that whole thread...I do it several times, sometimes un-intentionally and it only contradicts because of one word: "Car". Needless to say, Sean Morris pointed several good things out to me. I had never previously imported a car...a guy I knew did and I sold it. Sean just told me how to do everything legally...that's all I was looking for. I have already sold one Skyline that I imported...have another one up for sale and 1 S14, 1 S13 Silvia.

They already have. But you live in Arizona, and they're in Southern California, so you know, it's kinda hard to see who's doing what. He's also been posting less because he's been a lot busier.

No, they haven't legalized anything...they don't have that ability because their petition with the NHTSA has not been approved and until it is approved and they have all of the same paperwork that JK motors produced years ago...they will not be able to legalize anything.

I see, I see. Also, it makes sense that it's a '95 because OBD2 is a total pain in the ***. What I meant to say when the S14 had a brother-car here in the US is that you can basically compare two cars and see what needs to be added or changed.
The US DOT told me what items had to be changed on the car to meet DOT and EPA standards...after they did a thorough inspection on the car.

Have you heard about what the DOT has been doing lately?
Have heard about them impounding a lot of illegal JDM cars that people did VIN swaps on...other than that, haven't really heard much.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:15 PM

I was contradicting myself to get information out of Sean. If you read through that whole thread...
The thing is, this industry seems to run on one thing above others: Image. You can do the greatest work in the world and nobody wants to touch you because one bad thing happened.

By using that sort of method to get info out of Sean and that Underground mount ordeal (I won't bring it up here) sounds like you're forsaking other businesses and possibly makes you look bad towards others. I'm not saying it's going affect how many customers you have or will have, because information turnover on the 'net is about as fast as employee turnover at McDonalds.

No, they haven't legalized anything...they don't have that ability because their petition with the NHTSA has not been approved and until it is approved and they have all of the same paperwork that JK motors produced years ago...they will not be able to legalize anything..
How about your petition?

The US DOT told me what items had to be changed on the car to meet DOT and EPA standards...after they did a thorough inspection on the car.
Can your car be bought by someone in California? I think some of my confusion stems from the fact that other states get to excersize certain freedoms that Californians don't enjoy when it comes to cars.
An acquaintence of mine bought a Prelude SiR from Arizona. I'm gonna see how he tries to register it...all he has for it right now is some kind of moving permit.

Have heard about them impounding a lot of illegal JDM cars that people did VIN swaps on...other than that, haven't really heard much.
Eh. A friend of mine is desperate for S15s and Civic Type-Rs like tweakers want crack. He wants to buy one and vin-swap, but I keep telling him I'll turn him in myself. Then he said he could get his shop to slap dealer plates on it...

Last edited by areitu; 04-22-2004 at 04:20 PM.
Old 04-16-2004, 02:38 AM
Contributing Member

How about your petition?

My petition does not exist because I am not a Registered Importer and don't import cars the same way that they do. Bringing in a full Skyline requires bonds, facilities, customs holds, and a petition to make it legal...I chose the road less travelled.

Can your car be bought by someone in California? I think some of my confusion stems from the fact that other states get to excersize certain freedoms that Californians don't enjoy when it comes to cars.

My cars are US Titled and VIN'd...they also come with Emissions papers to show that they passed emissions. I am not 100% sure on what California's requirements or standards are. These cars are just like any other US vehicle, so I am not sure why they could not be bought by someone in Cali....

Eh. A friend of mine is desperate for S15s and Civic Type-Rs like tweakers want crack. He wants to buy one and vin-swap, but I keep telling him I'll turn him in myself. Then he said he could get his shop to slap dealer plates on it...

Illegal, but works...I know a guy doing that with a R33...who will be getting a title soon. I would advise him against it being that he could spend a lot of time in prison for a federal offense. I can bring in S15 Silvias and get them titled as well.

When's your next batch of Skylines gonna come in? Someone here in Riverside is waiting on RB Motoring to bring in a black or blue R33 GTR V-Spec. I'll be glad to hand him your number and e-mail. [/B][/QUOTE]

We will be ordering our next batch of Skylines within the next 10-14 days...figure another 2 weeks to round em all up and another 3 weeks or so to get to the states. We are thinking about starting off small with between 10-20 Skylines and then moving upwards from there as long as the market likes what we have to offer.
Old 04-16-2004, 10:56 AM

that first part sounds soooo shady.
i might know what it is though, think my nieghbor registered his shelby replica the same way(and not as a kit car)
Old 04-17-2004, 11:32 AM

like i said, no matter how bad something seems, theres always another side
Old 04-22-2004, 11:17 PM

MotoRex has been in contact with me directly and has confirmed with me that I am able to import and legalize Skylines DESPITE what Sean Morris would like people to believe...
You talked to Hiro, and MotoRex said you can import and legalize Skylines. I was under the impression that gov't was the only agency that could give you the go ahead for that process.

Why would a competitor give you the approval for a process that they spent thousands of dollars, free of charge to you?

Quick Reply: Night7Racing... might want to read this.