Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Oh My God!!!! Read This

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2002, 03:18 PM
Contributing Member

Oh My God!!!! Read This

Police: Hit-run victim left to die in car windshield
March 8, 2002 Posted: 5:52 AM EST (1052 GMT)

Biggs, above, was hit by Mallard's car in October, according to police.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- A woman accused of hitting a homeless man with her car, driving home with him lodged in her broken windshield and ignoring his pleas as he bled to death in her garage, is not the monster being portrayed by prosecutors, her attorney says.

Police say Chante J. Mallard, 25, waited two days for the man to die, ignoring his pleas for help, and then dumped his body in a park with the help of friends.

Mallard was arrested Wednesday night and was released after posting bail. She faces five years to life in prison if convicted.

"She is not the monster that police and prosecutors are making her out to be," said Mike Heiskell, Mallard's attorney. "She was simply a frightened, emotionally distraught young woman who had an accident, panicked and made a wrong choice."

Heiskell said his client is guilty only of failing to stop and render aid -- not murder.

He said the victim, Gregory Biggs, died a few hours after Mallard drove home and was in her garage no more than 24 hours. He said her friends advised her not to call for help and suggested dumping the body.

Chante Mallard
Biggs, whose body was found in a park on October 27, suffered cuts and broken legs but had no internal injuries that would have caused his death, according to the medical examiner's office.

"There's a pretty good possibility he'd be alive if he'd gotten help, but she concealed the body in the garage ... so that's why she's charged with murder," said Fort Worth police Lt. David Burgess.

When Biggs' body was found, authorities suspected he had been hit by a car, but they had no leads until a tipster came forward last week.

Biggs, 37, had struggled with mental illness and had been staying at a homeless shelter, where workers said he often brought them flowers. He was estranged from his mother and sister. He also had a 19-year-old son who only recently found out about the tragic death, relatives said.

The son, Brandon Biggs, has questions for Mallard, but he says he isn't angry.

"I pray for her, actually," the high school senior told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram in Friday's editions.

"I'd just like to talk to her -- just ask questions and see why, to get a better understanding I suppose," he said.

Mallard drove home, had sex with her boyfriend, and failed to answer Biggs' pleas for help, according to her arrest affidavit.
Police reported finding Biggs' blood and hair on Mallard's car, still in her garage more than four months after the crash. The windshield and front seats had been removed.

The tipster told police that Mallard said she was drinking and taking the drug Ecstasy one night in October when her car hit the man along a Fort Worth highway near her house.

The tipster said Mallard drove home, had sex with her boyfriend, then went back to the garage to find Biggs still alive, according to the arrest warrant affidavit.

Mallard later told investigators she apologized to the victim when she returned to the garage several times, but she never called for help as he moaned and pleaded with her, according to the affidavit.

"We intend to prosecute this fully," said Richard Alpert, a Tarrant County assistant district attorney.

Mallard told investigators she removed the car seats and burned them because she was afraid of being caught and going to jail, according to the affidavit. She planned to burn the car and buy another one after receiving her income tax refund, according to the affidavit.

Charges may be filed against the friends who helped dump Biggs' body, Burgess said.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member

http://www.stanzadriven.com/forums/s...p?threadid=339

Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2002, 06:09 PM

Well for those of us not in the US it's still news.
Maybe she'll blame it on the poor US driver educational program for not teaching her what she did was illegal.
Old 03-13-2002, 12:23 PM
Contributing Member

i saw a news program yesterday where the dudes mum was on all crying and askin the lady that killed him how she could do it n stuff
Old 03-20-2002, 06:40 PM

damn.... . wtf is this world coming to . that ***** should die for that and this gose for her
Old 03-20-2002, 07:53 PM
Contributing Member

she and all of her friends should go to jail
Old 03-20-2002, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member

yeah..then they should make a prison video about why you shouldn't leave people in your windshield...i dunno..i'm bored
Old 03-21-2002, 12:11 PM

I think that the lady should be sent to prison and put into solitary confinement for the rest of her life so she can suffer. Oh yeah, and then once a month they should let loose some snakes to scare the living s*** out of her. Now that's called justice ladies and gentlemen.
Old 03-21-2002, 01:29 PM

No wrapping somebody tightly in wet cavas and letting it dry on them so that it slowly crushes them would be justice. This ***** doesn't deserve to continue wasting oxygen. **** use her in some crash test until she dies. That's what they should do with drunk drivers.
Old 03-21-2002, 02:21 PM

Originally posted by RNN14
No wrapping somebody tightly in wet cavas and letting it dry on them so that it slowly crushes them would be justice. This ***** doesn't deserve to continue wasting oxygen. **** use her in some crash test until she dies. That's what they should do with drunk drivers.
Excelent Idea. Use the dumb **** drunks who have killed my family as crash test dummies. Drunk ***** killed my ladies cousin what did she get? Time in jail awaiting her hearing (2 weeks or so) and a ****ing fine.