Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

P*ssed Off

Old 12-15-2003, 06:49 AM

P*ssed Off

Well, friday night i went to get some movies at blockbuster, and then when you pull out you have to go the opposite way and then do a u turn to get going the way you want (which is gay). Well i did that and then sped up. I guess i was going 15 over and got pulled over. Got 4 points taken off and got a $77.20 ticket. The ticket is okay and everything cause its my first one. The next day i went to Menards to see if they had some sand bags to put in the back of my car, and all they had was one. So i said nevermind and didnt get any and said i would wait. Well then i went to a friends house to see what was going on. Then when i was about to leave i seen it had snowed out like a ****. Well i was driving home very slowly. Then when i went to turn onto my road i got sideways and i couldn't control it cause it was slippery as f*ck. Well i got going straight again, but it was towards a tree. Well i hit the brakes and that of course didn't help so i don't know why i did it. I slide about 10 yards with my tires locked. I jumped the curb and *smack*. I hit the tree. I hit it on the left side of my drivers side headlight. So there is a big dent and a bunch of brown scrape marks. I'm going to try and fix it later today though. I don't know if it will work very good.

notice this is also my first year with driving in the snow and my first 3 weeks with a RWD.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

damn that sucks a big one, sorry to hear that.
moved to off topic, please post in the right area
Old 12-15-2003, 12:39 PM

Sorry to hear that. I had similar issues my first winter driving my suburban (~300hp RWD w/LSD). Find yourself a large empty parking lot, and try to figure out where the car slips and doesnt. Sometimes if you go into corners too hard you will push other times the slightest amount of throttle will get the rear spining. You need to know how to control with both steering and throttle, stay away from the brakes as much as you can. The 240 is very responsive and has an awful amount of torque for its weight. Once you can control it you can have fun like This
Old 12-15-2003, 01:40 PM
Contributing Member

Easy on the throttle man... RWD takes skills in the snow/rain compared to your grandma's FF... good thing no one was hurt in your accident though
Old 12-15-2003, 02:35 PM

Sorry to hear that man, I drive my s14 like a little ***** everytime its raining out. So many time I got the rear hanging out while making a turn (not doing it on purpose), be careful folks .
Old 12-15-2003, 10:12 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by WilloW
...So many time I got the rear hanging out while making a turn
God I love that feeling...
Old 12-16-2003, 05:39 AM

the thing is i didn't really go into the corner hard at all. I went slowly, but, it still slipped and then whipped around. I wouldn't want to go to any parking lot around here. I tried it in my integra, and well got *****ed at by the cops during the summer.

Well, i pretty much got the dent out. But, the corner light is gone and ripped off. Anyone know of any company that makes clear corners for a cheap price?
Old 12-16-2003, 09:26 AM

Better to be pissed off than pissed on. Things change...
Old 12-16-2003, 11:41 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by esthirteen
the thing is i didn't really go into the corner hard at all. I went slowly, but, it still slipped and then whipped around. I wouldn't want to go to any parking lot around here. I tried it in my integra, and well got *****ed at by the cops during the summer.

Well, i pretty much got the dent out. But, the corner light is gone and ripped off. Anyone know of any company that makes clear corners for a cheap price?
um... clearcorners.com makes them, dunno about the price because I'm not too fond of the "clear light" thing myself