Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Picture motivation thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:39 PM

HA HA!

You guys are really f****N funny! LOL!

-Stig
Old 07-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Contributing Member

Lol, yo...hahaha, he's got the Kung Fu pose and everything, lmao.
Old 07-04-2007, 06:36 AM
Contributing Member

thats accually a karate style martial arts stance, see the pulled back fist.

what style do you practice? mine is Goju-ryu
Old 07-04-2007, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by battosaii930
thats accually a karate style martial arts stance, see the pulled back fist.

what style do you practice? mine is Goju-ryu
Ahhhh an Okinawan martial artist, very nice! I've always been a fan of that island . . .probably because I was there for a spill, LOL!

Believe it or not, despite the stance, I've been studying Tibetan Kung Fu, otherwise known as Hop Gar (Art of defense without blocking), and I've recently taken up Bujinkan Taejutsu in one of the ONLY Bujinkan Dojo in the WORLD! There are only 9 in total (DJ will attest for this, he's heard this story countless times) and one is located right here in Georgia . . . imagine that. I guess Georgia is a good of place as any.

Bujinkan, for those who are wondering, is a sacred martial art derived from the Futile Japanese era, it encompasses the art of the hired assassin and the art of weaponed and weaponless standing and ground combat. This is known, in the US Only as Ninjutsu. It's funny because Taejutsu or, Bujinkan Ninpo, is only known as Ninjutsu here in the United States, in Japan it's known under the two aforementioned names. LOL!

I love and hate America all at the same time!!! LOL!

-Stig

P.S. The stance is Karate, my sparring buddy I had back in Florida was a Karate student, although I couldn't tell you his discipline, and he would teach me ways of his art while I educated him in ways of mine.
Old 07-04-2007, 07:26 AM

Figured I'd post this up, it's my collection that I use for practice/combat.

Name:  DSC_8465a.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  61.6 KB

The first weapon there is my baby, that's my katana! ^_^ She was made by a Bujinkan Swordsmith in Gretna, Louisiana back in 2000. When I was younger I had no idea what any of that stuff meant, but now that I know exactly what the Bujinkan is, this is my most prized possession and NOTHING can take her away from me. She's completely table forged and fully combat ready including a 17-micron blade point. She probably could be razored down to <5 microns which would bring it to Samurai standard, but I don't practice the art of the Samurai (Kendo) and feel that it may disgrace the art in which I currently practice.

The second there, the long daddy, is a carbide bo. She's amazing, that thing is lightweight and can push through anything, and because it's made out of modernized carbide as opposed to bamboo, sword strokes have NO effect on her at all. They just dull their blades, LOL! Or cut off my fingers, LOL!

Lastly but certainly not least!! Is the baby of the group, my practice bo. Polyurethane staff structure with foam lining insures a truly indestructible yet safe to strike at spar weapon that really does allow you to focus your skill.

Man, I wish you were up here in Georgia, I'd have a sparring partner, LOL! I need one so badly, if I'm not in the Dojo I have very little motivation, if any at all, to do anything involving my art Oh well!

In what part of Miami are you currently residing? I used to live in Miami for 10 whole years of my life so I know my way around those parts, just in case I need someone to visit, LOL!

-Stig
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 AM

hey stig, are you anywhere near Conyers by any chance?

Last edited by Biggamehit; 07-04-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:19 PM

ROFLOL!

Had to post it up!!!!!

Umm, I'm not "near" Conyers, but it's definitely some place I could visit during a weekend without feeling like I've driven forever.

-Stig
Old 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM
Contributing Member

nice wish i could go to that dojo.

i have a few weapons but only 1 forged katana the rest is more for show lol i also have a long chain with a kunai attached to the end but i dont do anything crazy with that id stab myself multiple times lol. one of my favorite weapons i dont know what the name is but i will just call them Shinobi claws, i can defend and attack and even climb trees lol

i live on 107th right near FIU and the Youth Fair
Old 07-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, thats kind of crazy. I wonder if I can still get into martial arts. Imagine me being like that ignorant racist guy, like if I see and asian person: "Hey look, it's a Chinese guy."

Ok, so I guess the stance WASN'T KUNG FU, but it's a generalization. I'm no martial artist, so excuse me for being ignorant in the ways.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Initial Daniel
Wow, thats kind of crazy. I wonder if I can still get into martial arts. Imagine me being like that ignorant racist guy, like if I see and asian person: "Hey look, it's a Chinese guy."

Ok, so I guess the stance WASN'T KUNG FU, but it's a generalization. I'm no martial artist, so excuse me for being ignorant in the ways.
It's all gravy baby!! We still love you!!!! And want to have your babies!!!

I MEAN!!!

UHHHH!!!

SPORTS CENTER!!!!
DUT DUT DUT
DUT DUT DUT

-Stig
Old 07-04-2007, 04:55 PM

aaahhhh..lol!!!!!!man thats some funny s**t.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
ROFLOL!
Had to post it up!!!!!

Umm, I'm not "near" Conyers, but it's definitely some place I could visit during a weekend without feeling like I've driven forever.

-Stig
man, I put the [img] stuff and it didnt work.....

and yeah, I was wondering cause ive never been there, but thats where my family (ancestors) came from. still have a few family out in GA though
Old 07-04-2007, 08:22 PM

Nice you should visit them sometime, come out and visit your good pal Stig!!! ^_^

-Stig
Old 07-04-2007, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

you sound like a creep LOL
Old 07-04-2007, 09:40 PM

I am

-Stig

Quick Reply: Picture motivation thread