Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Pivot headlight controller problem - need electrical know how people

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 10:12 PM

Location: I like to spend my time at the cheesecack house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!
Pivot headlight controller problem - need electrical know how people

hey yall, dont mean to intrude, and i hope this is not going to be considered the wrong section to post this is, but i have a miata, and have a problem with my pivot controller, and since alot of 240 people have one, maybe yall can help me.
if anyone needs it to understand what im talking about, here are the english instructions
http://www.3sxperformance.com/instal...ish-pivrhu.pdf

each car is hooked up diffrently, i know yall hook up the fuse wire to your ignition, well for me, i hook the fuse wire up to the gray wire. just to start this out, it works fine, i have no problems with it not working. all wires were hooked up to the appropriate place, and i assume if i had loose connections, it wouldint work. the only "loose connection" i can think of is, we used these type of screw connectors for the splicing, instead of the clamp type

so far people have told me my problem is:
-loost connections
-voltage surge
-faulty control box
Ok, heres the problem: sometimes the headlights fall down to a possition i did not want them set at. i have 3 ways to pop up my headlights. 1- turn them on, 2 - flash someone 3- push the button to pop them up.
2 makes them return to stock. all the time, and that seems like a normal thing, i guess.
3 seems as though it makes them return to a lower possition
1 is the biggest problem. lets say i park after driving at night, the headlights sometimes return to something higher, or lower then what i want, and turning on my headlights a couple of times in a row bring out diffrent things. this doesint happen all the time, just a couple. playing with it a few times will bring it back to the setting i want(if it matters i use setting 40%)
also, 30% and under does not seem to work, it juse returns to stock. now and then it might work, and pop up a little bit, but most of the time no.

so does this sound like a faulty box controller, or a power surge? and if its a surge, how do i fix it to be a constant voltage?

Last edited by scrapp; 09-02-2004 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Contributing Member

**Off topic**

Totally love your Maita, got one myself. Wish I can afford a hardtop, just love the look of it.

Sorry can't help ya out on your problem
Old 09-02-2004, 11:07 PM

Location: I like to spend my time at the cheesecack house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!
thanks, i got a deal on the HT. it was in my color, and for $800. i got so lucky
Old 09-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by scrapp
thanks, i got a deal on the HT. it was in my color, and for $800. i got so lucky
Very lucky. I've been keeping a eye on Ebay lately...hopefully I will find one!