S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   Police Interceptors???? (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/police-interceptors-2076/)

kaos 11-23-2002 02:56 PM

Police Interceptors????

Who and What are they. I was in the car with my girlfriend and I heard some mean sounding car around. Now we are in her car, a 93 accord, so I am not looking to race it or anything but just to see what it was. I noticed it was a Taurus SHO that sounded like it had flowmasters on it. But right under the right tailight was a sticker that said police interceptor. Are they cops? It didn't look like he any lights. What kind of authority do these guys have?

DiZZy 11-23-2002 03:39 PM

LOL, they have much better cars than some POS shoes
im sure it was some kid messin around with the sticker

leiferik1 11-23-2002 04:05 PM

Originally posted by DiZZy

prolly wat it was

240drifter 11-23-2002 04:58 PM

Well I don't know how they are in the States but up here in Canada they real, interceptors are the Highway police cars with modified LT1 corvette engines in Crown vics or Caprices.

rudeboy 11-23-2002 06:03 PM

same here.
we also see the occasional 5.0 stang, camaro, in Kentucky i saw a firebird with that ugly ass ram-air hood.
now the new kid on the block is the Mercury Marauder

kaos 11-23-2002 08:26 PM

Originally posted by DiZZy
LOL, they have much better cars than some POS shoes

It could have been but this guy was older (looked mid to late 30's) so I don't think it was. I have heard of them around here before but this was the first I have seen. The guy had a radar detector in his windshield and a personalized license plate (SHO WE) which kinda confused me. All I know is this SHO sounded mean.

S14 11-23-2002 10:48 PM

As said before it was prob someone messing with the stickers, because ive noticed that the police crown vics have that police interceptor badge right under one of the taillights, as do the unmarked police cars, but ive only seen this on the crown vics.

wushu4u 11-24-2002 08:18 PM

Around here they are actually starting to use the Taurus SHO as people dont know to look for them. Also, Keep an eye out for the Mustang and Camaro Cops in the VA/MD/DC area as of late.

Jammmin 11-24-2002 08:55 PM

Here in ATL they have the SS Interceptors. Although many unmarked cars are take by drug busts and seizures. So watch out.... I have had the priviledge of catching a police SHO myself on the road but no Interceptor on the back...:dunno:

rowdemon 11-24-2002 09:12 PM

get a load of this crock, i live in fla and i saw 2001 civic totally stock looking on outside exept a front mount intercooler,(hmmmm) then i noticed an additional antenna on the roof, interior mounted police lights and a middle aged balding man with mustache and sunglasses driving it :shock: by the way he was wearing a sheriff outfit-----the point is wer never safe, and white sedans with a stack of lights on the roof, pretty chrome spotlights and reflective graphics arent the only ones trying to meet a quota

boogeyman 11-25-2002 12:08 AM

i used to live down in al and the city i lived in they had a modded integra totaly stock on the outside except rims and a drop and if you looked closely you could see the lights mounted in the rear window and on the dash.

spitz7985 11-25-2002 04:02 PM

its a law that all cops need to drive domestic

Rockstar240 11-25-2002 08:15 PM

Here in Richmond, VA, a friend and I were on the road on our way to a bar when 2 cars in front of us were stopped at a light and about to drag. I just kept watching because it was some stupid riced out Civic versus a red Camaro. They revved and took off then to my surprise......the Camaro turned on it's police lights and pulled the Civic over. I almost crapped my pants when that happened. That's why I don't street race anymore. I was in total shock.

wushu4u 11-25-2002 09:14 PM

It is not a law that they drive domestics...just that they buy domestics. The import scene is getting infiltrated by alot of police driving confiscated civics and whatnot.

rowdemon 11-26-2002 06:41 AM

exactly, only their marked cars and patrol cars have to be domestic, infiltration,undercover, can be anything they get their greasy hands on