Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Police Interceptors????

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 02:56 PM

Police Interceptors????

Who and What are they. I was in the car with my girlfriend and I heard some mean sounding car around. Now we are in her car, a 93 accord, so I am not looking to race it or anything but just to see what it was. I noticed it was a Taurus SHO that sounded like it had flowmasters on it. But right under the right tailight was a sticker that said police interceptor. Are they cops? It didn't look like he any lights. What kind of authority do these guys have?
Old 11-23-2002, 03:39 PM

LOL, they have much better cars than some POS shoes
im sure it was some kid messin around with the sticker
Old 11-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DiZZy

prolly wat it was
Old 11-23-2002, 04:58 PM

Well I don't know how they are in the States but up here in Canada they real, interceptors are the Highway police cars with modified LT1 corvette engines in Crown vics or Caprices.
Old 11-23-2002, 06:03 PM
Contributing Member

same here.
we also see the occasional 5.0 stang, camaro, in Kentucky i saw a firebird with that ugly *** ram-air hood.
now the new kid on the block is the Mercury Marauder
Old 11-23-2002, 08:26 PM

Originally posted by DiZZy
LOL, they have much better cars than some POS shoes
It could have been but this guy was older (looked mid to late 30's) so I don't think it was. I have heard of them around here before but this was the first I have seen. The guy had a radar detector in his windshield and a personalized license plate (SHO WE) which kinda confused me. All I know is this SHO sounded mean.
Old 11-23-2002, 10:48 PM
S14

As said before it was prob someone messing with the stickers, because ive noticed that the police crown vics have that police interceptor badge right under one of the taillights, as do the unmarked police cars, but ive only seen this on the crown vics.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:18 PM

Around here they are actually starting to use the Taurus SHO as people dont know to look for them. Also, Keep an eye out for the Mustang and Camaro Cops in the VA/MD/DC area as of late.
Old 11-24-2002, 08:55 PM

Here in ATL they have the SS Interceptors. Although many unmarked cars are take by drug busts and seizures. So watch out.... I have had the priviledge of catching a police SHO myself on the road but no Interceptor on the back...
Old 11-24-2002, 09:12 PM

get a load of this crock, i live in fla and i saw 2001 civic totally stock looking on outside exept a front mount intercooler,(hmmmm) then i noticed an additional antenna on the roof, interior mounted police lights and a middle aged balding man with mustache and sunglasses driving it by the way he was wearing a sheriff outfit-----the point is wer never safe, and white sedans with a stack of lights on the roof, pretty chrome spotlights and reflective graphics arent the only ones trying to meet a quota
Old 11-25-2002, 12:08 AM

i used to live down in al and the city i lived in they had a modded integra totaly stock on the outside except rims and a drop and if you looked closely you could see the lights mounted in the rear window and on the dash.
Old 11-25-2002, 04:02 PM
Contributing Member

its a law that all cops need to drive domestic
Old 11-25-2002, 08:15 PM

Here in Richmond, VA, a friend and I were on the road on our way to a bar when 2 cars in front of us were stopped at a light and about to drag. I just kept watching because it was some stupid riced out Civic versus a red Camaro. They revved and took off then to my surprise......the Camaro turned on it's police lights and pulled the Civic over. I almost crapped my pants when that happened. That's why I don't street race anymore. I was in total shock.
Old 11-25-2002, 09:14 PM

It is not a law that they drive domestics...just that they buy domestics. The import scene is getting infiltrated by alot of police driving confiscated civics and whatnot.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:41 AM

exactly, only their marked cars and patrol cars have to be domestic, infiltration,undercover, can be anything they get their greasy hands on

Quick Reply: Police Interceptors????