Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

religious question / theory

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

religious question / theory

what does the bible say happened to jesus after he was brought back to life? i'm not talking about his life, i'm talking about his death. how did he die?

the reason i ask is that recently the discovery channel has run 2 different programs that talk about jesus doing things and saying things that i've never heard about.

like one of the shows was saying that jesus himself wrote part of the dead sea scrolls, and he was talking about how he married mary magdelin (however you spell her name) and that he had kids...and that he had brothers and sisters

the other show was talking about egypt and that they had found proof that jesus had founded a sect of christianity that taught that you didn't need church, that god was within and nothing should seperate you from god. not even priests.

and then i started thinking.....i dont know how jesus died. i know he died on the cross and was brought back to life....but what after that? i dunno, and then i started thinking about the church....and i started thinking they would have a lot to loose if that got out....so they would more than likely cover it up.....

what would you do if you found information that contradicted your entire belief structure, hell....your entire life would be a lie. i think things are being covered up
Old 06-05-2003, 01:34 PM
Contributing Member

Basically after he was crucified he went to hell, then he ascended into heaven. Besides that though don't take everything on the discovery channel to be true.... There's a lot of lies, even on that channel. They just show documentaries, which aren't always right.
Old 06-05-2003, 01:47 PM

"what happened after jesus died?"

he came back and invented beer.
Old 06-05-2003, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

blah blah blah...dmn religions
Old 06-05-2003, 03:22 PM

good question, but i think, he just went to heaven, and people believe that he will come back for them. . make sense? cause it doesnt to me. .

Edit: so yeah, he is up there chillin with his pops, waiting for the right time to come and get us good people

Old 06-06-2003, 01:41 AM
Contributing Member

you guys still haven't answered. what does the bible say happened to jesus...how did he die?
Old 06-06-2003, 01:43 AM
Contributing Member

the reason its important is because theres a big hole there...what did jesus do?
Old 06-06-2003, 08:51 AM
Contributing Member

i dont think its set in cincrete...people just belive wut they want to belive....yea..
Old 06-06-2003, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by leiferik1
you guys still haven't answered. what does the bible say happened to jesus...how did he die?
He died being crucified.... then he came back for a couple days, then he said well I gotta go. Went to hell and then to heaven. The end.
Old 06-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

okay, what do you guys think about this one.

you all know what gods devine plan is right?

well....can you have free will and still have a devine plan?
Old 06-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member

wut they hell is gods devine plan?
Old 06-06-2003, 03:48 PM

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
He died being crucified.... then he came back for a couple days, then he said well I gotta go. Went to hell and then to heaven. The end.
Actually he went to hell after he was crucified to pay for the sins of humanity, rose from the dead after three days, cruised around with the apostles in his s13 fastback for forty days performing miracles and setting up the church, then ascended into heaven... Besides, most of the numbers in bible are more symbolic than literal... like 3 (3 forms of god: father son and holy ghost) and 7 (god created the world in 7 days) are used to symbolise perfection, 6 is imperfection (hence 666... the devil is just that imperfect), and 40 is used to symbolise a large quantity... (40 days jesus fasted in the desert, moses and his people wandered for 40 years) wow... i need a life...
Old 06-06-2003, 07:09 PM
Contributing Member

the whole 666 think is suspoosed to be 999

everyone knows that numbers in dreams are upside and backwards
Old 06-06-2003, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by leiferik1
well....can you have free will and still have a devine plan?
The idea is God knows what choices we make in the future, but we make them on our own free will and he/she's not responsible for it.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:24 PM

http://www.objectivethought.com/atheism/carlin.html

Quick Reply: religious question / theory