Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

S-Chassis.com Official Firearms Discussion Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM

Don't we know it

EDIT: Personally, anything that expands further than a normal hollow point is okay in my book, LOL! Nah, but in all seriousness, I enjoy having the stopping power at my fingertips but I honestly hope that I never have to use it, you know?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:30 PM
Contributing Member

i know exactly what you mean, i hope to never have to use any of my guns for personal defense. i'd much rather just shoot them for fun with friends and family. but just to be of the safe side i bought most of my family members a firearm of their own.

if everyone who could legally own a firearm did, i think the world would be a better place. just think of it in terms of checks and balances. i'm not saying everyone should go out and buy as many gun as you can, but it wouldn't be a bad idea if you did.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
if everyone who could legally own a firearm did, i think the world would be a better place. just think of it in terms of checks and balances. i'm not saying everyone should go out and buy as many gun as you can, but it wouldn't be a bad idea if you did.
True, but remember, there are those who are just flat out uneducated and that is just a ticking time bomb. Then there are the ones who are mentally ill, but have been flying under the radar.

Me personally, I will say that fire arms are a definite check and balance to crime. Its just that those who are uneducated about fire arms, think that guns are just pure evil. Lets compare, California: huge, ridiculous gun laws that dont work - high crime rate. City where Ted Nugent lives: everyone owns a gun (literally), extremely LOW crime rate, if any.

But thats just me and Im just putting it into perspective in my eyes.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:22 PM

As I've said . . .every RESPONSIBLE citizen . . .should own a firearm . . .and carry . . .key word . . .RESPONSIBLE.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:34 PM

Speaking of which, I have to ask, mostly because I can't sleep:

Who here is CCW/CCP? And how many of us carry every day without fail?

I know I carried my Hi-Point every day for 7 months. I'll readily admit that I haven't always had my CCW and yeah shouldn't have been carrying, but I carried as if I had no other option and that lead to me feeling like carrying my current service pistol, the G22, is nothing. It's lighter, slimmer and fits better .

Also, if you do carry everyday, how do you carry? In the waistband, hip carry, shoulder. Me personally, I took a page from Jesus Ramos' book, and I tuck the holster between my belt and the back of my pants and then I just drop my shirt over it. I feel that you have to "Dress Accordingly" to carry concealed, especially if you're like me and simply refuse to buy a compact or subcompact gun. My hands just don't allow for that kinda hold. I full size gun is most comfortable, I'm military trained and law enforcement honed! I shoot best with a full sized duty weapon (although I can shoot smaller accurately) and feel the most comfortable that in a stressful situation, I will not falter if I have a standard frame weapon.

So I dress accordingly, a thicker shirt, even on those 100 percent humidity days with 85, 90, 95 and 100+ degree days. I don't wear a jacket as that's retarded, but a thicker shirt, draped over my weapon unless I want to open carry.

I will admit, sometimes I don't feel like hiding the weapon or taking the extra 15 minutes to prep, so I just slap my weapon on my hip and head out. It's probably not a good idea, but I feel it's better than not bringing my gun with me at all. The problem is that sheeple (yeah I said it) tend to freak out when they see a man with a gun. In my case, a BLACK man with a gun. Now granted, most people see me with a gun and the first thing they think is "Oh, this guy is law enforcement of some sort" this is strictly due to the way I dress (preppy).

Not everyone is me, some like jeans and t-shirts, some like looser fitting clothes, I can't speak for all, but I can speak for me. In most cases, I'd rather NOT untuck my shirt, so I just leave my gun open.

THIS IS NOT LEGAL ADVICE FOR YOUR AREA!

GEORGIA IS A STATE THAT ALLOWS OPEN CARRY! IT'S NOT RECOMMENDED BUT IT'S LEGAL!

When I carry open, I'm fully aware of my surroundings and if approached by a police officer, I will not cause a scene or become difficult to engage. I will remain polite, approach him as if I'm approaching a news crew and if he asks me to cover my weapon, I will do so. Legally, he cannot ask you to cover your weapon or return to your car with it. Keep that in mind . . .however . . .also keep in mind the image and message you send out by becoming belligerent to the officer's requests. He's trying to keep peace, not FLUCK with you! In most cases, he just wants to make sure everyone is happy, so if he asks you to place your weapon in your vehicle or under your shirt, then it's normally best to just conform and say "okay".

In some cases, there are officers who just don't like the idea of armed civilians, and it'll be pretty evident if this is the case. You always have the option to inform the officer that if you are NOT in an area where it is AGAINST THE LAW to CARRY that you have every constitutional right to be armed openly carrying or not. Just prepared to be FLUCKED with. They have the power, legally or not, to do so.

Also, if you're in Georgia, you do NOT have to produce your GCL to any officer at ALL for ANY purpose. You simply have to identify yourself as someone who carries legally.

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT RECOMMENDED!

I can't recommend this course of action and would strongly advise AGAINST IT! If you are going to carry openly (as I do in some cases) or concealed, I suggest you be prepared to ALWAYS show proof of legality to carry. In fact, MOST Amendment 2 activists and firearm enthusiasts and even law enforcement who feel citizens SHOULD be armed, will say to not hesitate to produce proof.

THIS WILL SAVE YOU A TRIP DOWN TOWN!

If you are armed, and refuse to produce proof of legal right to carry a cop can arrest you and 10 times out of 12 WILL arrest you. Heck, if I'm on duty, I come up to someone who is open or concealed carrying and I ask if they can legally carry and they give me lip or refuse to show proof, I'm going to arrest them and every judge on the bench will back me on my decision to detain. It may not go through and nothing may happen, but your night sure was ruined . . .and why? Because you said to yourself "I don't care, I have my rights and I'm not showing him crap" That'll get you in big trouble.

I'm mostly just blabbing some random carry stuff that I've been wanting to say for a while as both an armed citizen who CARRIES EVERY DAY and a former Military Law Enforcement officer.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Contributing Member

In California, you're only allowed to open carry UNLOADED if you do not have a CCW. And getting a CCW is literally a walk through hell. The thing is, IF you carry open and unloaded, you have to be prepared to recite the two CA penal codes that allow you to do so if LE approaches you. And make sure you have a tape recorder or video camera (tape recorder preferred) to document the encounter with LE (if they are called upon, and more than likely, the uneducated will call them!)

Like David said, if you encounter LE, DO NOT BE A PR*CK!!!

Be civil and respectful, like any and all other situations that you will encounter LE, being polite and respectful will HELP YOU, yes, HELP YOU! Especially in the situation where some idiot Californian calls LE saying some guy just walked into some place with a gun with bad intentions, when in reality, you're just there to shop, eat, etc.

So the question is, why open carry if the fire arm is unloaded? Well, any "thug" who sees a fire arm in plain view, will think twice before approaching you with bad intentions.

"But you have NO ammo in the thing, what use is it unloaded if you REALLY need it?"

You can actually carry loaded magazines on the opposite side of your body, again, open carry. But its legal in CA.

Confusing? It is, but please, DO NOT TAKE ANY OF MY WORDS IN THIS, OR ANY OTHER POSTING WITHIN THIS THREAD AS LEGAL ADVISE! If you need information about carrying a fire arm within the state lines of CA, please visit CalGuns 'dot' net. Or schedule an appointment with an attorney who specializes in fire arms laws for the state of CA.

Yes, I know, I live in a retarded state. The law makers are now proposing to ban unloaded open carry now too, because Los Angeles LE believes it is actually increasing "crime" state wide... How they came to that conclusion, is beyond me. OK, Im done with my rambling part. Good night everyone!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:13 AM

Yeah, that's just my thing, no level or amount of law, no level or amount of technology and certainly no level or amount of enforcement is going to keep the BAD GUYS from carrying.

Every time they restrict, every time they enforce, every time they add something else to limit CCW's all they're doing is restricting and limiting the GOOD GUYS, the SHEEP DOGS from carrying. That's IT! They're keeping the guns out of the hands of richeous Americans who WANT TO HELP and SERVE and are willing to put OUR VERY OWN LIVES on the line for someone or a group of people that we don't know and will probably NEVER get a proper thanks for!

The media has skewed people's minds so much that they look at us CCW holders as nut cases and radicals and maniacs. WHY? Because we have guns? Because we're willing to use our guns in defense of ourselves and others? Because we're willing to lay down our lives and DIE for the very same people that want CCW's to be done away with? How is that fair? They look at us as if we're the bad guys. They frown upon us walking around with our weapons so that we are safer.

I dunno, everything that I have to say can be heard in the Nutnfancy videos for Obligation of Carry (already posted) and these two that I watched as well.

And if you're wondering why I keep saying words like "sheeple" and "sheep dogs"

Check check it

Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 PM

These pictures aren't as clear as I'd hoped but they do the job.

This is how I carry my G22 all day every day, unless I'm in a State Building or other no-carry zone.

SB308 is about to give us CCW citizens a LOT more leeway on carry as well. Google it, it's good stuff for Georgia!

Anyway . . .pics

Here's my fat *** from the front . . .see the printing on the shirt?

Here's a side shot . . .pretty well covered . . .

Here's a shot from the back:

Here's the imprint we saw on the front shot . . . my cell phone

Here's the side and rear

As you can see with the shirt draped over it, it's almost invisible . . .but it allows me to carry my gun at ALL TIMES when legally able to do so. Now, I know, this isn't the QUICKEST or FASTEST-TO-ACCESS method of carry, but at least I have my weapon on me. Where's your weapon?

I love this stuff ^_^
Old 05-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

it's against company policy to have any sort of weapons on the premises at my job, and since i sometimes work mon-sat, i only carry on sundays to church. church is not the kind of place you'd think people would take guns to, but many of us do. even the former pastor who was a retired cop carried on a regular bases.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:47 PM

Yeah, Church is a no-carry zone in Georgia. Shame when you think about he mass shootings that have happened at various Churches.

I would carry to Buckhead Church but I'm afraid of what would happen if I got caught. I just leave it in the car which is also illegal but less likely to get you effed with.
Old 05-19-2010, 08:55 AM

So . . .my next weapon is going to be a shotgun. 12 gauge . . .not sure if I'm going semi auto or pump-action, whichever is a better bargain and whichever I have the money for at the time is probably what will decide it.

What should I go with? A shorter barrel or longer barrel?

I saw a 26 inch and 18.5 inch and they're around the same price. The 26 incher is pump and the 18.5 is semi-auto.

I'm sure I can find a longer semi-auto but I'm just curious.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Contributing Member

Mossberg 500a combo, pump action, but has both 28 and I believe 18" barrels. BIG 5 usually sells that combo for like $250. Maybe cheaper now.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 PM

Awesome! I'll definitely check that out! So should I go with the longer barrel or shorter barrel?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

short barrel pump action!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:17 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Awesome! I'll definitely check that out! So should I go with the longer barrel or shorter barrel?
500a combo comes with both barrels.

Quick Reply: S-Chassis.com Official Firearms Discussion Thread.