Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

S2000 Honda

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 10:18 PM

S2000 Honda

not to be uhhh 'un' nissan, but...

I got to drive an S2000 last friday.

oh.my.gosh that car was amazing. My girlfriends' uncle owns it, and he let me take it for spirited drive in one of the suburbs of Chicago, in an industrial park somewheres... all I can say is, I will own one someday. It was an amazing experience, and a great thing to do during spring break.

I was all smiles from the time he and I pulled the car cover off of it, and then I got to do the push button start, and then drive it. and afterward, oh man, I felt giddy like a young child.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member

They are nice cars...I drove a RX-8 about a week ago, awesome car!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:36 PM

yeah, RX8's are sweet cars. I got to take one out last summer, and got to drive the new Chrysler Crossfire... that little car is pretty sweet too. I just dont like that the RX8 is four door/four seater. if Mazda would revive the RX7 then I wouldnt really care.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:03 PM
Contributing Member

RX8 is still awesome for a 4 seater with suicide doors. Ive been wanting to check out the crossfire, looks like its a nice car but a bit heavy(like most domestic cars)
Old 03-30-2004, 12:41 PM

i think the crossfire's rear is ugly as hell. and i think i heard something about the rx7 coming back but i'm not sure, prolly not.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by 240chz
i think i heard something about the rx7 coming back but i'm not sure, prolly not.
I doubt that
Old 03-30-2004, 01:01 PM

S2000...yeah...they are nice cars...0-6 in less than 6 seconds...top down in less than 6 seconds...120 hp per litre...who needs torque when you can play in 9000rpm all day long....and RWD...
Old 03-30-2004, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
RX8 is still awesome for a 4 seater with suicide doors. Ive been wanting to check out the crossfire, looks like its a nice car but a bit heavy(like most domestic cars)
Got to ride in one (Crossfire) with my dad behind the wheel at a local dealership... he was intrigued about the whole "built in Germany" thing on the commercials... it was a nice car to tell you the truth, but I can't remember any particulars because I forgot about them an hour later when my dad and I took the "off road test" at the Land Rover dealership
Old 03-30-2004, 03:28 PM

the crossfire was really nice... it felt odd to me, like sitting in it, some of the control placements were weird, and I was expecting the one I would drive to be a stick, but it ended up being the automatic with manual mode. that was very odd to me. it was very fast and handled well, but I didnt get to really run it through any corners as I test drove it in a city.

the RX8 was fast and responsive, but felt very big. like, minivan big, to me. but oh well. I guess I'd think that cause I have an FC and its ridiculously tiny.
Old 03-30-2004, 04:14 PM

i think when i heard about the rx7 coming back, it was going to be a two seater, two door, and some other stuff but i forget what. but, i'm sure it was just a hoax or rumor.
Old 03-30-2004, 09:39 PM

I've heard that too... and from the guys at the mazda dealer. I'm sure they'd be the ones to know, but I'm also sure if it was going to happen, it'd be hot stuff all over japan right now and we'd get a watered down version in a year or two. and thats not the case. its like the elusive 2005 skyline that I've heard will be sold stateside... riiiiggghhhtttt. but we can always hope! a good solid *** kicking RX7 would be really cool. maybe sports cars will rise again in the U.S.A.!

but like john lennon said, "you might call me a dreamer..."
Old 03-30-2004, 10:04 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by twofortyessex
I've heard that too... and from the guys at the mazda dealer. I'm sure they'd be the ones to know, but I'm also sure if it was going to happen, it'd be hot stuff all over japan right now and we'd get a watered down version in a year or two. and thats not the case. its like the elusive 2005 skyline that I've heard will be sold stateside... riiiiggghhhtttt. but we can always hope! a good solid *** kicking RX7 would be really cool. maybe sports cars will rise again in the U.S.A.!

but like john lennon said, "you might call me a dreamer..."
Technically they could bring the "RX-7" name back, since the RX-8 inly shares the "RX" and the rotary power with it... The 7 was a 2 seater 2 door, solid turbocharged with world class handling. The RX-8 is cool I guess, but to me it's like trying to be "like an RX-7 for those who loved rotaries but have kids" or something.

BTW that Skyline thing is confirmed 2007, by Nissan itself, isn't it?
Old 03-30-2004, 11:59 PM

I read in a car magazine (something big like import tuner or SCC or some crap like that) that the GTR is coming to the US in 2007. It was announced by the president of Nissan at the Toyko car show...whatever it was called. Sorry I don't know all the technical information. As long as the president of Nissan said so, I say WHOO HOO! GTR!!!!

Back on topic:
I drove my cousin's S and all I have to say is. HOLY CRAP. I fell in love on the spot. The feeling of vtec and the high redline. Man, that is seriously the best car I've ever driven. Sure, I've driven some fast cars, but nothing felt as good as the S.

edit:
D'oh, didnt read Raine's post before I posted. But yes...I am confirming that Raine is correct

Last edited by CreAziaN; 03-31-2004 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Contributing Member

For the next GT-R, suppose to come out late 2k7/early 2k8. Sadly im sure I wont be able to afford it, going to be VERY expensive from what I heard
Old 03-31-2004, 02:05 AM

hope doesn't get overpriced like NSX's...

Quick Reply: S2000 Honda