Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

scary visions of genocide

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Contributing Member

scary visions of genocide

i was thinking last night, what is it that the germans wanted to do? ultimately they wanted to create the "perfect race" of white, blonde hair blue eyed people

and then i was thinking about DNA and wondered that maybe in the future some rouge nation (like germany was in the 1910's to the early 40's) that wanted to completly whipe out black people, or asian people, or white people......surely there are enough genetic markers seperating all the Races that someday in the future it may be possiable to geneticly engineer a virus to ONLY affect people of a certain race killing say, all black people

now dont say i'm racists, i'm just using black people as an example

i dunno about you, but to me this prospect is scary as hell
and surely the technology will actually BE there in say 40 or 50 years, if that.....so within our life times we may see the extention of entire races of human beings

you know what the cool thing would have been. to me it would have been to live like 30,000 - 45,0000 years ago when there were 3 different species of humans running around.....and you know whats weirder, they mated and had kids. wonder what they would have looked like.
(if your wondering, their DNA didn't make it....basically the homo sapians that mated with the other species of humans didn't survive and so ONLY homo sapian DNA is around now)
Old 02-03-2003, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member

if you wanna discuss this be sure to go ahead, ancient culturial anthropology is sort of my hobby

: )
Old 02-08-2003, 11:09 AM

I think it would be cool to live back during medeival times and what not. Sure there were plaques, tyrants, poverty, and religeous wars and what not. But damn...it would be cool to have swords and what not. Or live during ancient China or something like that. Somewhere with lots of swords and stuff
Old 02-08-2003, 12:43 PM
Contributing Member

i wouldn't have wanted to live during those times, it was too brutal and merciless.

i bet it won't take 40 years for them to be able to create a plague similar to the one leif described. they could probly do it now if they wanted to.