Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Ultimate Nissan vs. Honda ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member

ok, I'll agree with you if you take into consideration the money, but seeing as I HIGHLY doubt anyone who frequents this forum could afford either of these cars (in the current or recent production form as seen in the pics above)~ I'm just asking everybody what they would pick just on personal preference and reasoning. You can pick up early to mid-90's NSX's for $25-$35K these days which is far less than what you're going to pay for any US street legal GTR (i.e. Motorex) which still leaves you some money to mess around with. As for me asking this question on a Nissan forum, yes obviously there'll probably be more of a bias towards the Nissan~ However, a reply from a true enthusiast should be more objective in nature taking into consideration each car's strengths and weaknesses and how they meet one's own preferences. The little badge on the car's hood should have little relevance as to what you think about the car (unless you're just buying it based on reasons associated with brand)
Old 06-25-2005, 07:17 PM
Contributing Member

If you put it that way, I think it comes down to suspension, handling, and N/A or F/I.

Personally, I love N/A, and will forever be a fan, but in order to get the needed power out of MY car, I definitely need to go F/I. Money is always a big issue for me...hehe.

I'd take the NSX, it would serve a nice purpose. Although I wouldn't mind the GTR either.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by KeN VeRsUs RyU
you're asking a nissan forum if they would pick a honda over a nissan? What do you think everyone will say.

The base price of the two don't have to be the same.. they compete with each other in many races including jgtc.
Ok, and a RWD Celica competes against a Porshe and a C5-R in the GT300 class. Does that mean they're in the same class? No. I'd pick the GTR.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

naturally, i'd opt for the GT-R. beyond being a (wet) dream come true, it would also be the most practical for regular daily applications. a back seat, a trunk worth a shit, and all-weather-conquering AWD = no brainer. however, i do absolutely love NSX's, too.
Old 06-28-2005, 05:13 PM
Contributing Member

Anybody know if they made 4 door versions of the GTR? I know they have 4 door Skylines... saw a bunch of them flying around when I was Japan.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by CowboyTurbo
Anybody know if they made 4 door versions of the GTR? I know they have 4 door Skylines... saw a bunch of them flying around when I was Japan.
u might wanna run a search on this incase i'm wrong, but i believe that a small number of four door GT-Rs were produced. however, not by Nissan, but by an aftermarket/affiliated company named Autech (who were responsible for JDM S13 convertibles, and i think, the S15 Varietta).
Old 06-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, for some reason that triggered a random thought, and I figure I'd share it with you before I forget about it:

When I get married, I'm going to have my honeymoon in Japan...

...and that could quite possibly be the end of that marriage right there, as I would be more focused on the cars than my wife.

...Excellent. Carry on.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Contributing Member

ok, I'll agree with you if you take into consideration the money, but seeing as I HIGHLY doubt anyone who frequents this forum could afford either of these cars (in the current or recent production form as seen in the pics above)~ I'm just asking everybody what they would pick just on personal preference and reasoning. You can pick up early to mid-90's NSX's for $25-$35K these days which is far less than what you're going to pay for any US street legal GTR (i.e. Motorex) which still leaves you some money to mess around with. As for me asking this question on a Nissan forum, yes obviously there'll probably be more of a bias towards the Nissan~ However, a reply from a true enthusiast should be more objective in nature taking into consideration each car's strengths and weaknesses and how they meet one's own preferences. The little badge on the car's hood should have little relevance as to what you think about the car (unless you're just buying it based on reasons associated with brand)
Well said...I dont care if the car is a Ford Tempo, if its fast, ill drive it. Its all preference really....both cars have the ability to fulfill your wildest dreams
Old 07-05-2005, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Initial Daniel
Wow, for some reason that triggered a random thought, and I figure I'd share it with you before I forget about it:

When I get married, I'm going to have my honeymoon in Japan...

...and that could quite possibly be the end of that marriage right there, as I would be more focused on the cars than my wife.

...Excellent. Carry on.
LOL that is priceless right there... a man after my own heart.

I would pick the NSX, not sure why, but i would. I think they're sick cars. GTR is cool, but i would have to lean towards the honda.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:47 PM

Skyline. Definitely.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:53 PM

skyline just because i think the newer years of the arent as appealing to me on the nsx...eh who am i kidding...no matter what i favor the gtr...nsx is sick tho
Old 07-08-2005, 02:46 AM
Contributing Member

I would have to go with Skyline also...

unless the it was a Turbo'd NSX-Type R... mmmm...
Old 07-10-2005, 10:24 PM

This would be a great debat in a non biased forum, given the amount of people here who worship nissan and hate on honda, it is only reasonable to have the scales tipped on the skyline side.

Ok I have driven a NSX and I was very impressed the handling is like nothing I have ever felt and the power was there through pretty much the whole rpm range, to hear and feel vtec kick in on the the NSX is like a rush many have never felt, the car is awesome to say the least.

I have seen Skylines run but never have had the pleasure of being in the drivers seat for a run, but what i have seen is so impressive that makes a lot of higher prices "super cars" look like they could not even stand next to the Skyline.

Now if money was no object then I would most deff have one of each sitting in the garage!
Old 07-10-2005, 10:58 PM
Contributing Member

STOCK:

track racing: NSX hands down
Dragging: Skyline
ALL around: NSX (srry)

Modded:

SKyline
Skyline
Skyline
Old 07-29-2005, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

somebody else post in here....

Quick Reply: Ultimate Nissan vs. Honda ?