Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Vs Honda

Old 02-13-2004, 05:22 PM

Vs Honda

Now everyone be Honest.....Is it Hondas you dont like, or the attitude of a lot of the drivers?

I personally love Hondas, but I just cant stand how some of drivers seem to believe that a Honda is tops to all.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:00 PM

the only honda car that i like is the S2000. Other than that, I cant stand the attitude. But dont get me wrong, some Hondas are the s***
Old 02-13-2004, 06:01 PM

i dont hate honda's ive owned a few of em. i just hate the scene that comes along with most of them. there are some good real people out there with them tho.
but i saw the greener side of the hill and got me a nissan!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:04 PM

I like Hondas in general. Before I got my nissan, i was gonna buy a EX accord. But the altima called my name. But I do agree, the attitudes of some of the drivers just really **** me off
Old 02-13-2004, 06:16 PM

The only honda I will ever respect is an s2000. If you lived in Ontario, and saw the amount of ricers that talk mad **** about how fast their SOHC civics are, you would know why i hate 99% of hondas.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:24 PM

all civics are slow. unless the do a DOHC swap, and do some sort of FI application, they are slow. Hell, my altima is by no means the fastest thing on 4 wheels, but I can hang pretty good with a lot of faster cars when im on the bottle
Old 02-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Contributing Member

Not much of a fan of honda's, only for econo cars. But thats it really.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:54 PM

I think maddox said it best with this article....

http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html

Last edited by rps13VEk; 02-13-2004 at 07:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Contributing Member

I love hondas!!!!!! I actualy wanted a 2nd generation integra as another pic for my first car. BUT I hate all the owners, I have actually met honda owners that think sbus make there car faster,and tachs, and springs without aftermarketshocks, and laslty rims LOL yea i know retarded but what can i say.
Ryan
Old 02-14-2004, 12:40 AM

I enjoy hondas as well as you know im also an owner of a crx, but i know what you mean about the attitudes of alot of the people that drive them, they think they can just cut of people and weave in and out of traffic and be mr bad *** street racer (some are fast as hell though) but another thing that ruins hondas name is some of the stuff people try and do with them kids nowadays must be the drugs. but no matter what I'll always have a special place in my garage for one!
Old 02-14-2004, 09:03 AM

Originally posted by rps13VEk
I think maddox said it best with this article....

http://maddox.xmission.com/civic.html
that is so true. its part of the reason Im taking my body kit off. Too much attention that I dont need. I know my car is a lot faster than it used to be, so now, I dont feel the need to show it cause I know its there
Old 02-14-2004, 10:04 AM

honda's aren't bad, it's just that they are so popular that every person who knows nothing about cars, but still wants to try to be cool gets one

then they talk **** about how fast their 106 hp civic is

the problem is these people,

because if you've ever met real enthusiaists, i mean real ones, the ones who spend serious time and money on their cars, you see that they aren't *******s at all

the serious honda people just get drowned out by all the idiots, i feel bad for them, possibly because this same effect is starting to happen to nissans
Old 02-14-2004, 10:09 AM

you are so right about that. When I meet a real enthusiast, they cant wait to give you info on what to do to make your car faster, or what to do to make it handle better or perform better in anyway. but these 25yr olds who act like they are 16 with their first car really think that 106hp is fast. My car came stock at 150, and i thought that was pretty slow. Considering I've driven cars with over 300hp before. But I will admit, I love shutting the Honda crowd up.

my friend has a Turbo Civic hatch, and he even told me that There is a good chance that my altima will stay with him. I doubt it will, but its a good thought.
Old 02-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Contributing Member

to me, it's more about the drivers than the cars. let's face it, Honda puts out decent products. and, those products perform really well at what they are intended for: (mostly) economy vehicles. decent (yet recently inflated) initial cost, good gas mileage, good reliability, and fairly low overall cost of ownership. where the problem comes in is with the people who think that (IMO) ugly *** body kits, 22" bling rims, a fart can, neon lights galore, and a wing big enough to get a Carnival cruise ship in the air will make said economy cars into certified, badass race machines. but then again, this kind of *** backwards thinking is becoming more and more prevalent with other makes as well. it's just that the Hondas, for one reason or another, have the most visibility. but there are asses in every group.

all that aside, i actually like 1st and 3nd gen Preludes (love the lines on them). i especially loved the long hood and short rear deck. imagine my disappointment at the discovery of their FWD-ness. i also like the S2K.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:54 PM

I really wanted to get an Si, or maybe a hatch back when i was lookin for a car to drive instead of my Camaro, but I ended up with the 240, and I think the best part about the 240 is the people on the forums, Clubsi and the honda forums I have checked out just dont quite match you guys... maybe im biased?

I know a few honda people, and most of them are pretty cool, with cool cars, they dont act like their car is the ISH all the time, but they know what they have, and they dont act like typical APC dipISH ricers that I see everyonce in a while.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vs Honda