Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

Well It's Come To This!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 03:42 AM

Well It's Come To This!

Well, it's come to this, after receiving news from a younger friend of mine that he just totaled his FIRST and ONLY car ever after only a few months of having his driver's license, I decided that I better protect myself quick....

My friend Richardson is a legal aid with Powell Goldstein LLP and has gotten me a legally approved disclaimer that removes all liability from my name and/or mentioning of anything involving a vehicle. Once again, this came to fruition after a younger friend, at 16 years old, decides that he wants to "Do like I said" and pop his clutch around a turn . . .well . . .he couldn't quite catch it . . .and here's how the conversation went on my IM . . . .*sigh*

I removed his ACTUAL screen name to protect his identity from fraud, flaming and so that he can't sue me for degradation of his name and junk. *double sigh*

DumbAssKid From VA: WHEE!
HunterD557: Wheee?
DumbAssKid From VA: yeah wheeeeeee!!!!
HunterD557: …
DumbAssKid From VA: I zipped my car into a pole
HunterD557: hahahahahaha
HunterD557: You’re kidding right?
DumbAssKid From VA: Not kidding, happened just about an hour ago
HunterD557: Jesus Christ kid . . .I mean, are you alright?
DumbAssKid From VA: I’m fine i was able to walk away my car is ****ing totaled
HunterD557: **** the car, we can always buy you another one, what matters is that you’re safe
DumbAssKid From VA: i guess
HunterD557: you guess….*sigh* so what happened, I mean, if you don’t mind me asking
DumbAssKid From VA: i was commin down off of the 166 and I saw this corner that I thought I could take
HunterD557: didn’t you like . . . .JUST get your license
DumbAssKid From VA: i thought I could take this corner in 2nd with a little slide cause it wasn’t that long or nothing like that
DumbAssKid From VA: yeah, just a few months ago, lol
HunterD557: that’s not funny! You have an accident on your license and you’re not even 17, you haven’t even had your license for a year, your parents insurance is going to SKYROCKET!
DumbAssKid From VA: yeah you sound like my dad, god he was so pissed, he didn’t even care that I was in an accident all he did was yell then my mom yelld then they were both yellin
HunterD557: Well, you’ve been driving for all of like 7 hours and you decided to DRIFT! That’s a stupid ****ing move! And I’m sure they care, they were just angry and disappointed that you decided to ****ing do something that stupid
DumbAssKid From VA: yeah i dint tell them i drifted, i told them that i saw a small animal and went to avoid it
HunterD557: hahahahahahahaha, that’s retarded, and they believed that?
DumbAssKid From VA: i dunno
HunterD557: well obviously not…what in the world possessed you to do something that stupid?
DumbAssKid From VA: thats exactly what my rents and the police kept sayin thats when i told them bout the small animal
HunterD557: but what really possessed your dumb *** to do that?
DumbAssKid From VA: well i tried to do like you said, you know, kick the tail out by poppin the clutch round a turn, but i turned too far when i tried to catch the drift and it spun back the other way
HunterD557: So, if I’m not mistaken, you tried to clutch kick, which I never advise you try in the street or on any public road, you got it sideways, PANICKED, over corrected and experienced snap-oversteer which threw you into the pole…
DumbAssKid From VA: thats exacly what happend!!! wow!! youre good!!!
HunterD557: It’s what I do for a living
DumbAssKid From VA: lol
HunterD557: So what now? What do you do for a car now that you’ve gone and ****ed that one up?
DumbAssKid From VA: i dunno
HunterD557: That’s pretty much the answer I expected

Yeah, apparently, when you're a motorsports instructor, people think that just because they TALK to you that they have acquired some VAST knowledge of all things drift. I'll try to post pictures of dumbasskid's wreck because I want the world to know why I NOW have a disclaimer removing me from all liability from here on out!!!!!!!

The LEGALLY BINDING disclaimer is as follows:

Disclaimer-
The stunts and other vehicular-activities performed and discussed in this thread, post, chat, email or IM by David Adams (AKA Black Stig) are not to be attempted by ANYONE at ANYTIME. David Adams (AKA Black Stig) is a trained and licensed professional who has years of closed and open coursed training. The stunts and other vehicular activities discussed herein are DANGEROUS and may lead to serious bodily injury or DEATH if performed. This statement is given at the full disclosure of David Adams (AKA Black Stig) and the LAW OFFICES of Powell Goldstein LLP, any deferment from the disclosure of this disclaimer is hereby advised as being PERFORMED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Any questions, don't ask me, ask my lawyers . . . I'm through and I'm very . . . .VERY angry!!!

-Stig
Old 06-13-2007, 04:19 AM
Contributing Member

rediculous.

i know a girl, got her lisense, parents bought her a Scion TC (brand new), crashed within 3 days, totalled it within a month, and then totalled her parents car 2 weeks after while her TC was being repaired. its amazing.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:23 AM

wow, see . . . now imagine being held accountable for that simply because you chose to follow the path of becoming a performance driving instructor with the largest and oldest performance organization in the world.

-Stig
Old 06-13-2007, 01:34 PM

that friggin sucks. well i hope his parents dont sue you for their kid being stupid. (unless its already in lingo) ive been driving for over 4 years, and been educated about drifting numerous times, but never been stupid enough to try it without full concentration or full control (long wide turn when nobody's around.) oh, and the fact that i 'slide' cuz mine's an auto. psh
Old 06-13-2007, 02:18 PM
Contributing Member

wow.... just wow.....
Old 06-13-2007, 02:28 PM

I don't even see why you should need a disclaimer. Hasn't anyone ever heard of "personal responsibility"?

well i hope his parents dont sue you for their kid being stupid.
I can't see how they'd have a case. Their son did something stupid on his own intuition and will. The End.

but never been stupid enough to try it without full concentration or full control (long wide turn when nobody's around.)
Same here: clear wide-open streets, in control, and preferably wet or snowy so that I don't go too fast and get in over my head.

Last edited by epp_b; 06-13-2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Contributing Member

yea this sux its stupid to try somthing in a car when you dont even know your car yet let alone ANY car.

people try somthing then somthing happens they dont expect they panic and crash. panicing is the worst thing you can do.

been doing auto-x for a while now and its helped me stay calm and think fast in tight situations.

i think atleast 2 auto-x events should be required to have your drivers license it would probably make the streets safer lol
Old 06-13-2007, 05:07 PM

you're on the right track, as an instructor I feel that if all driver's were required to attend two racing schools before hitting the roads the world would be a much safer place . . .and my pockets would be much fatter, LOL!

-Stig
Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 PM

that would at least give me a reason. the only reason i haven't done any driving schools or racing, is cuz of money. if it were required, i'd be all for it.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Contributing Member

ive never been to a driving school but i do read up on alot of techniques and i practice some stuff on everyday driving and some stuff at the track. like right now im using my left foot only to brake trying to get it sensitive enough
Old 06-13-2007, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by epp_b
I don't even see why you should need a disclaimer. Hasn't anyone ever heard of "personal responsibility"?
I can't see how they'd have a case. Their son did something stupid on his own intuition and will. The End.
We live in the USA, anyone will sue anyone for anything. I hire a cement contractor to redo the sidewalk in front of my house, They have the old cement torn out, pack down the dirt and set up caution tape to "keep" people away from the construction area. A kid comes riding by, sees the caution zone. thinks he's a BMX dirt biker now, runs right thru the yellow tape, gets caught, two parts of the yellow tape chokes him and blindfolds him. his front tire gets stuck in the loos dirt that was untouched by the contractor, kid flies over his handle bar, breaks his right wrist, dislocates his right shoulder, cracks his left cheek bone, suffers a HUGE concussion, tweaks his knee.

Needless to say, kids mom filed a law suit on both the contractor and my family. Luckily, my attorney got us both out of the sh*t hole. Havent seen the kid since.

Its a good thing you now have a disclaimer. I should do the same since a butt load of people ask me a crap load of things about suspension, brakes and tires.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:58 PM

That's exactly why I posted that there, I wish C240 allowed the sigs to be big enough to handle that, but I understand why they dont. I'll just make sure that before I talk about drifting, motorsports, aggressive driving, stupid parking lot tricks or whatever may have you, that I'll put that disclaimer in there first.

I'm sorry to hear that you had to go through that debacle, there's no reason why anyone should have felt inclined to sue for any reason in that manner, that's why the yellow tape is there, but you are right about America, that's why I'm moving to Italy as soon as my IT stuff picks back up off the ground. LOL!

Stig's goin to Europe!!! HAHAHAHA!

-Stig
Old 06-13-2007, 10:43 PM
Contributing Member

worst one ive seen was a burglar was trying to break in through the skyview window in a house the window broke and he fell through and landed on the kitchen table.

his back was messed up so he sued the house's owners and won... WTF i dont get this no matter how i look at it..
Old 06-13-2007, 10:46 PM

yeah, after that they changed laws . . .you can't sue for that any more, it's right up there with the woman who spilled hot coffee on her own lap and sued Micky D's and won . . .I hate stupid people, but I hate stupid people with money . . .sooo many laws now . . . LOL!

-Stig
Old 06-13-2007, 10:49 PM
Contributing Member

lol i think now if someone breaks into your house and you feel threatened your allowed to "defend yourself" ie shoot them. LOL

Quick Reply: Well It's Come To This!