Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

what the **** yo

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 07:17 PM

what the **** yo

so I stroll out to my car today so I can go for a drive and turn in a job application (damn being a poor college student, and damn it all anyway) and what do I find under my windshield wiper? a freaking ticket man. so I look at my car... and I look at the signage... and I look at the street. and I eye up how far I am from the corner. wtf. I'm all clear, right? hells no, I check the ticket, and it reads "one plate missing, front. fine $85. statute 169.79."

what the ****ing ****. so I look at my car again. license plate is CLEARLY visible in the front window. when I bought the car, and lived in a different town (NOT St Paul) I asked the Officers of the Law there if it was legal for me to have the plate in the window and not on the bumper, as the car didnt come with a front license bracket. They told me it was perfectly legal as long as the plate was visible in the window. same goes for the rear plates, if they are visible in the rear window, rock! well, I guess STP doesnt like plates in the window, cause I got a ticket. and I am pissed as hell.

so then I drive up to the courthouse to contest this blasphemy, and battle traffic and idiots on the road, only to find out that the courthouse closes at 430. not 5 like everyone else, noooo sir-ree, they have to close early. and they are closed on weekends. so I guess monday when I get out of class, I'm going to take this to court and see what I can do. unreal.

what gets me about it is this: my car has been sitting in the same place, in a perfectly legal parking spot, for the last 5 days... I've seen all kinds of dumbass parking jobs that were outside of posted spots and too close to corners, and I'M the one who gets ticketed for a plate thats in the wrong spot. no warning or anything.

so yeah, how was your day?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:48 PM

****ty
Old 04-02-2004, 11:56 PM

stupid cop. pickin' on the nice 240.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

take a gun with you to the courthouse...just in case
Old 04-03-2004, 09:28 AM

yeah, so adding to this... this morning I wake up to some guys I know knocking on my door telling me they backed into the front of my car in the parking lot...

yay.

LUCKILY, its nothing major, it looked bad with the paint from his car on it and the plastic shreds from my bumper. there was no damage structurally or any gaping holes, just some scratches/gouges... funny, the front bumper on my car is red all the way through, so when it gets scraped you really cant see it. but we talked it over and I'm going to go get it estimated at the body shop and we're settling it in cash.

and I found out the other guy has an uncle with an RX7 he's wanting to sell, that has a shot auto tranny and low miles... I have an RX7 with a manual tranny thats in superb condition (drivetrain swap, only 20k on the engine/tranny, and new clutch when I bought it) and high chassis miles...

I'm predicting a purchase and a swap this summer. hehehehe
Old 04-06-2004, 12:56 PM

update:

I contested the ticket at the violations office, and the nice lady dismissed it for me.

and I got an estimate on the damage to my car, 630 dollars. so I'm meeting with the guy who hit me tonight to settle it.

looked at the 87 RX7, and its a beauty. looks showroom clean. its been sitting in a garage for the last 6 years, and this guy has owned it since he bought it new in 87. hella good deal if you ask me. as soon as I pick it up and start on it, I'll post progress or something.
Old 04-06-2004, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member

Congrats.

Good luck with the RX.