Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

to whom it may concern

Old 04-30-2003, 04:32 PM
Contributing Member

to whom it may concern

if you are ever carrying anything you do not wish the police to find keep it in your trunk.

the supreme court ruled that when you get pulled over you are technically under arrest, and so the officer(s) have the right to search you, your car, and anyone else in the car....and when they say "do you care if i search your car" they are talking about the trunk

the ONLY place an officer cannot search is your trunk. right when he walks up to you he can pull everyone out of the car and search you all if he chooses to, but a search warrent is required for the trunk.

i can't stress this enough. the officer doesn't even need probable cause to search your car

so again. if you have to transport anything questionable, put it in your trunk. if the cop ask's if he can search the car and you do have crap in the trunk, say no.

saying no does not automatically give the officer probable cause, but saying no probably will promt a search of your vehicle

.....but if your keeping everything safe and sound in the trunk then everything should be okay

and when everything is all said and done you should tell him to fist himself as you flip him off, while sparking up a joint!!!! and then all you have to do is pray to god he didn't hear/see you!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 04:36 PM
Contributing Member

another cool fact

if you are the passenger of a car that gets pulled over and the cops find drugs on you they cannot use those drugs against you in court.

you will be arrested, you will more than likely be charged with possession, but they can't use the evidence against you in court

so in the long run if you know what your doing and have a good lawyer you will get off, but it will be expensive....very expensive

sadly though. if you dont have the money for a good lawyer you WILL go down for this. this is one of those situations where having a good lawyer will get you off
Old 04-30-2003, 06:07 PM

I got a good idea, dont carry drugs in your car. But if for some reason you have to, don't do anything stupid while you are driving to get your a$$ pulled over.
Old 04-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member

If the officer asks to search your car and you say no. You'll be arrested under probable cause also may be ubstruction of justice and they'll get a warrent to search your trunk.....
Old 04-30-2003, 07:53 PM

Last edited by leiferik1; 04-30-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:05 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by I'm with Stupid
If the officer asks to search your car and you say no. You'll be arrested under probable cause also maybe obstruction of justice and they'll get a warrent to search your trunk.....

nope.

you can't be arrested for denying the officer's request to search your car....

he has to have a REASON to arrest you.

Last edited by leiferik1; 04-30-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by uofa240
I got a good idea, dont carry drugs in your car. But if for some reason you have to, don't do anything stupid while you are driving to get your a$$ pulled over.

ha ha ha ha....yeah this is what i meant to say as well.
Old 04-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by leiferik1
nope.

you can't be arrested for denying the officer's request to search your car....

he has to have a REASON to arrest you.
I forgot, it varies by state....
Old 05-01-2003, 12:45 AM

Hey guys I got somthing interesting to say. Me and my buddy were crusing in his RPS13 the other day doing like 100 down I-95. Sure enough his radar detector started screaming and I saw a highway patrol sitting on the OPPOSITE side of the highway (across the grass median) and it was one of the Camaro cop cars. So the cop started moving with his lights on to cross the grass while me and my buddy kept hauling ***. Well there is no out running one of those things so we just kept going for a while then he slamed on the brakes moved to the far right emergency lane and we both jumped out of the car and stood by the trunk. When the cop pulled up about 45 seconds, and questioned which one of us was driving, we just told the cop a third person was driving and bailed for fear of getting ahuge ticket and ran to the bushes and told us he was going to hide at a gas station down the road. Ofcourse we pretended to sound like we were about to cry, and the stupid pig bought it!!! we stood there for about 15 mins but he ended up getting really pissed off and just left after giving us a warning. Wouldn't rely on this to work, but hell, it did for us.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:53 AM

Do you want the truth? Here it is. Yes, they need permission/probable cause to search your trunk. If you refuse, they DO have the right to bring a drug sniffing dog out to the "scene". If the dog smells drugs in the trunk, that is probable cause to search, and you are screwed!!!
Old 05-01-2003, 11:44 AM
Contributing Member

wut if u have like a thousand air freshners in ur trunk? would that throw off the dog!?
Old 05-01-2003, 05:42 PM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
wut if u have like a thousand air freshners in ur trunk? would that throw off the dog!?
Actually no it wouldn't. My old man works for the DEA and he introduced me to the K-9 department. Those guys told me that if you put a whopper in front of a normal person, they smell a whopper. But if you put that same burger in front of a dog, they can smell the pickles, letucce, ketchup, meat, bread etc.. Then if the dog picks up on even the tiniest scent, they will sit/bark whatever they are trained to do to let the cop know your packin. Just FYI you can't fool a dog.
Old 05-01-2003, 06:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by DriftS14
Actually no it wouldn't. My old man works for the DEA and he introduced me to the K-9 department. Those guys told me that if you put a whopper in front of a normal person, they smell a whopper. But if you put that same burger in front of a dog, they can smell the pickles, letucce, ketchup, meat, bread etc.. Then if the dog picks up on even the tiniest scent, they will sit/bark whatever they are trained to do to let the cop know your packin. Just FYI you can't fool a dog.
Dmn dogs!
Old 05-01-2003, 10:06 PM

Ya know, I really wouldn't recomend driving around with stuff on you, but if you are going to, let's say your car club goes to a show a couple hours away like my club always does and you wanna bring a fair amount of grass lets say. Just do this, pack it all really well in a ziplock or somthing that seals well and stays flat, then just stick it under your car battery. If a cop wants to search your trunk. Let him, YOU AIN'T GOT **** THERE!!! LoL Just act normaly, be complient, apologize for what ever he stoped you for (no matter HOW stupid!!) and you get off scott free. Works like a charm.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:22 AM

Originally posted by DriftS14
Ya know, I really wouldn't recomend driving around with stuff on you, but if you are going to, let's say your car club goes to a show a couple hours away like my club always does and you wanna bring a fair amount of grass lets say. Just do this, pack it all really well in a ziplock or somthing that seals well and stays flat, then just stick it under your car battery. If a cop wants to search your trunk. Let him, YOU AIN'T GOT **** THERE!!! LoL Just act normaly, be complient, apologize for what ever he stoped you for (no matter HOW stupid!!) and you get off scott free. Works like a charm.
Damn tricky pot heads!!!

lol j/p

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: to whom it may concern