Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

why do you drift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 08:40 PM

why do you drift?

well i was ready a different thread, is drifting a passing fad http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...hreadid=10280.
well i was wondering why you all drift and how you got started, and if you remember your first drift and your most amazing drift
Old 04-11-2004, 12:31 AM
Contributing Member

Moved to off topic

I dont drift much at all...but I do it just for kicks and to learn how to control my control under emergency situations.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:57 AM

drifting is fun untill you crash and **** up you engine...i found that out on friday night...anyone got a engine for sale for my 1989 s13?.....doobiethe2nd@hotmail.com
Old 04-11-2004, 04:54 AM

i don't drift, but all my fwd friends do. lol... im harassed because im a "gripper."

i think drifting is a fad to most people and it will fade away in a few years. (unless a drift movie comes out) but the will always be the hardcore people that will be doing it. the fad followers will break their car and realize they can't afford neon underglow and chrome wiper blades.
Old 04-11-2004, 10:50 AM

u know chrome wiper blades add like 15-20 hp right
Old 04-11-2004, 10:52 AM

the same reason your run a car in the quarter mile, or race around a track to get the fastest lap......... for fun!

Last edited by tegg_gsr; 04-11-2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2004, 01:22 PM

Some people do it because it's trendy and everyone else is doing it. One of my friends wanted to "build" a "drift s14.5." First he spent too much on the car, second he won't buy a VLSD, third, his first mod, aside from painting parts of the ugly green interior black, was putting in $300 of audio equiment.
Old 04-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by areitu
Some people do it because it's trendy and everyone else is doing it. One of my friends wanted to "build" a "drift s14.5." First he spent too much on the car, second he won't buy a VLSD, third, his first mod, aside from painting parts of the ugly green interior black, was putting in $300 of audio equiment.
Audio system sure is great for a drift car lol, I would do the total oppisite haha
Old 04-12-2004, 02:35 AM

Originally posted by hitokiri_808
i don't drift, but all my fwd friends do. lol... im harassed because im a "gripper."

i think drifting is a fad to most people and it will fade away in a few years. (unless a drift movie comes out) but the will always be the hardcore people that will be doing it. the fad followers will break their car and realize they can't afford neon underglow and chrome wiper blades.
I'll leave it up to Craig Lieberman to make a drift movie
Old 04-12-2004, 07:18 PM

Valentine One is the best drift mod ever, no seriously :P Drifting is fun because it's somethin different ... straight lines can only be so original.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:28 PM

Drifting is an art. Once you drift theres no going back. Its one of the best rushes next to sky diving.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:25 PM
Contributing Member

It's all about control.
Old 04-12-2004, 09:56 PM

WHy do I drift?

Well, it's exillerating, fun, an excellent adrenaline rush. I find it a way to get away from everything. When I drift I feel totally away from everything and just thinking about drifting. It causes me to have so much excitement that everything goes away.

j/k

I like...sorry, love doing it because it's just a fun and awesome thing to do...I get a kick outta it.
Old 04-12-2004, 11:04 PM

Originally posted by DoriftoSil80
WHy do I drift?

Well, it's exillerating, fun, an excellent adrenaline rush. I find it a way to get away from everything. When I drift I feel totally away from everything and just thinking about drifting. It causes me to have so much excitement that everything goes away.

j/k

I like...sorry, love doing it because it's just a fun and awesome thing to do...I get a kick outta it.
Ya you're rear end gets a kick out too .... XD OK that was lame.
But ya Adrenaline is probably another reason I like to drift. I drove an auto accord for a long time and I tried my hardest to drift but it just didn't stack up to RWD (duh) I really regret being FWD for so long.

Maybe I get so much adrenaline from it because drifting seems like controlling the uncrontrollable.

</retardation ... i think>
Old 04-13-2004, 06:59 AM

actually... I've been 'drifting' since I was very little. my dad insisted on it. we've always lived in wintery states, and he insisted that we learn how to handle a car in the winter, so he would take us out in our van (rear wheel drive) and tought is how to slide it and recover it on ice. when I got my license ( I started "driving" at age 13 with him, and drove a stick when I was 9) I was HUGE into rally racing, I watched it everytime it was on SpeedVISION (not lame *** speed channel, speedvision was so much better) and I wanted to do like the rally guys, so I went out and hit up the gravel roads around my house, and I got to where I could do 90 degree corners at 45 to 50 mph in a Van! I was a master at sliding on gravel, and my friends thought it was cool... well then winter came, and I honed my skills on the ice and snow, only hitting two snowbanks the entire winter, and showing my friends how to slide. when summer came, a friend dared me to try it on asphalt... and I remember hitting a 90 on tar at 45 and spinning 360s till I hit the curb... and the rush from it was amazing. sliding on gravel had gotten boring, and this was new and exciting. and I was applying the same logic to GranTurismo2 at that time, building RWD cars up and putting sim tires on them and trying to get them to slide (anything thats fun in life is fun on a game, right?) and I succesfully slid a 400R or something for over 20 seconds nonstop.

so now I drift on GT3 and in my 240. its something I doubt I'll ever master (unlike the gravel, gravel is freakin easy) and that challenge is enough to keep me coming back. its beauty, and its like art, getting graceful slides around corners, hitting your entry point and exiting smoothly with a cloud of smoke behind you. great stuff.

I just cant wait to get my car set up for it a little better. the lack of an LSD really hurts it in everyway, and I cant wait to give it a go on an actaul track. somebody organize a drift event in minnesota!

Quick Reply: why do you drift?