S-Chassis.com

S-Chassis.com (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/)
-   -   yay i beat emissions (https://www.s-chassis.com/forums/off-topic-22/yay-i-beat-emissions-41225/)

Biggamehit 09-14-2007 05:43 PM

yea maryland is stricked.. but i know people lol so thats the only thing that saves me and tuners alike.

my_kinda_livin 09-14-2007 06:04 PM

Actually, in Cali, I remember reading on the dmv website a while ago that the headlights have to be at least about 28 inches, I belive, from the ground, but I just did a search and it states that it is only illegal to have a lowered car if any part of the body is lower than the part of the wheel closest to the ground...anyways, back on topic. I'm still a little confused. So, you didn't have to smog your car? So you can just pay to update your tags now w/o having to pass emissions or am I still missin water from a boat?

Biggamehit 09-14-2007 06:09 PM

well honestly My Military Uniform got me out of it.. if i was a normal GI Joe.. i would have paid the fine.. but i would have still got pass emissions. its just MD rule if its lowered they dont wanna touch it.

my_kinda_livin 09-14-2007 06:19 PM

Wow, you're lucky lol I just hope my gf still has her 240 next Sept or Oct so I can use her car to smog lol or I'm trying to talk my friend into getting once since hes not gonna fix it up at all lol

Biggamehit 09-14-2007 06:54 PM

huh.. they dont check VIn numbers?

jramosthe1st! 09-14-2007 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 334773)
well honestly My Military Uniform got me out of it.. if i was a normal GI Joe.. i would have paid the fine.. but i would have still got pass emissions. its just MD rule if its lowered they dont wanna touch it.

so all we need a uniform. :idea:

my_kinda_livin 09-14-2007 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit (Post 334775)
huh.. they dont check VIn numbers?

ohhh...ummm......we got a guy :D

Biggamehit 09-14-2007 09:37 PM

hahhaha i love the "guy" that guy is so nice

5 years ago the reason my car pass inspection was the "guy"

i put brand new silverstars and headlights in my car and they failed me for that. bald tires i could understand and a few other things.. Motor Vehicles places are a bunch of bull****.

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st! (Post 334777)
so all we need a uniform. :idea:

yea not that im a idiot box who thinks he's above the law.. but since i been in man i have turned events so fast

list:

-Been pulled over 4 time for random reasons. speeding in gov to get to base etc. once i show the id or they see the uniform im let go instantly

-kept two car meets going after walking up to cops that were about to end it.

-I have gotten free things from nissan dealership

-as soon as i told the guy in emissions that i was out of town, before i finished lol he already signed me off lol

-made a blind man see..... ahh im not that guy

you kinda just play along like OOOooookkkkkkk :smillie_flag:

but hell we are shot at and a host of other **** lol, feels good that someone actually cares.. only about 10 percent of the population supports the military. yea i didn't research that, but i can tell that some people could care less if i got my head blown off next month in Iraq.

ryguy 09-14-2007 10:03 PM

man, in Indiana our rollers sink down into the floor and when the car rolls onto them the floor retracts. I don't think I could use that excuse.