Off-Topic Anything Non-Related to the above topics.

you wanna know what i hate

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004, 12:13 PM

Angry you wanna know what i hate

i hate how when some newbie asked a ques. regardles on how dumb it is there is always that smart @$$, who gives him some cocky remark without even answering the ques. most people just purchased the car and dont know much about it, and just come here for a lil help. i would like to see some more suport to new 240 owners so they dont get a bad impression of our forum.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:15 PM

Yes, I agree with you.
Old 04-05-2004, 01:31 PM

to me it shows not their knowledge of car but how they are afraid to be wrong once and a while or just afraid to admit their only knowledge of cars was learned while wacking off to import tuner. that must be why they take it out on newbie's, to compensate for their lack real automotive experience...
Old 04-05-2004, 03:58 PM
Contributing Member

Moved to off topic

We are possibly one of the most nicest people to newbies...ask anyone here that has been here for more then a couple months. There is A LOT of info on here...and thats why we say to search because its been covered a million times!!
Old 04-05-2004, 04:15 PM

I have to side with jynx here... he is right, there is literally TONS of information on this site. I have seen some rude answers to noob questions now and then, but compared to some other forums I've been on where people just bash each other left and right, I think this one is really good.

what I really dislike in some forums is the assumption that all newbies are unexperienced morons. I dont think thats a big deal here though.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:28 PM

If they could only figure out how to use the search tool......

Jack

http://www.geocities.com/wardog5811/SR20det.html
Old 04-06-2004, 04:45 AM
Contributing Member

<rant>

i agree w/JynX. u think it's 'bad' here? ever heard of a place called 'Fresh Alloy'? i guarantee that 75% of the newbie ?'s that get asked here would result in some ungodly flamage over there. seriously, i think we have one of (if not THE) most n00b tolerant communities around.

to me, i find it a general act of laziness and disregard for others' hard work when people won't search. i've seen some incredible write-ups and explanations that people put some time and effort into writing (including FAQ's and DIY's). and for what? absolutely nothing, if folks don't wanna reference them.

also, the reason why many of us are so adamant about searching prior to asking questions is that there is a lot of bloat on the boards from constantly repeated information. i know if i'm looking for something, i don't wanna have to wade through 100's of threads (all about the same thing) to find an answer. and i'm sure others agree.

the bottom line is that there is hardly anyone here who is "too good" to help new guys. hell, i'm still an automotive newb, so for me that would be hypocritical. it's actually quite the contrary. i've seen more posts saying things like "thanks a lot!" or "u guys rock!" than i've seen otherwise. there may be some snide *******s out there, but then again, they're everywhere so what can u do? i just don't happen to think that is the overall impression of the folks here...

</rant>

Old 04-06-2004, 07:15 AM

i also agree. i think this is one of th ebetter sites i have seen. there is alot info. here. my suggestion is to answer someone's question or redirect them to hte right topic, forum, post, or web site so they can find the answer. if your not going to help the person then dont say anything at all. i also wanna say that "hyjynx" has probally been one of the biggest helps to newbie's including my self. i dont call my self a professional by any means, but i have some experience and try to share as much as possable in exchange the i will learn from someone elses experience. that is the purpose of sites like this.

thanx chris
Old 04-06-2004, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks Homer. We try and make this forum as helpfull as possible, I learn new things everyday and Im always glad to help people out.
Old 04-07-2004, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by -HyJynX-
Moved to off topic

We are possibly one of the most nicest people to newbies...ask anyone here that has been here for more then a couple months. There is A LOT of info on here...and thats why we say to search because its been covered a million times!!

I look at other forums occasionally, but I call this one home. We are definately the nicest I have seen. I think it is a good point to continue that and help out the noob if some A-Hole is bashin on them, but also continuing to encourage the noobs to search.
Old 04-07-2004, 01:23 PM

i couldn't of said it any better
Old 04-07-2004, 02:17 PM

i read nico and auto but rarly post. people in skylinesdownunder is pretty good too. but club240 is the best.
Old 04-07-2004, 09:06 PM

:-)

You guys are kool. This Forum rocks! Learning quite a bit from all the post I read. Even though I'm a newbie and I'm planning to get a 240sx (180sx), atleast I know when I ask "stupid questions" here, I wont have to fear the flaming and bashing.
Old 04-07-2004, 11:48 PM

Thanks Sirikool,

Glad to hear it from a "noob"
Old 04-08-2004, 12:25 AM
Contributing Member

Re: :-)

Originally posted by Sirikool
You guys are kool. This Forum rocks! Learning quite a bit from all the post I read. Even though I'm a newbie and I'm planning to get a 240sx (180sx), atleast I know when I ask "stupid questions" here, I wont have to fear the flaming and bashing.
We do our best to keep the flaming and bashing to a minimum

Quick Reply: you wanna know what i hate