Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

89 240SX 5 SPD Fastback Proj/Parts car in KY

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 09:32 PM

89 240SX 5 SPD Fastback Proj/Parts car in KY

Black w/ grey interior 1989 Nissan 240SX SE Fastback 5 Spd SOHC for sale in Louisville KY. Hate 2 see her go but can't find the time to work on it, been telling myself I would do a swap for 10 mos now - maybe when my kids grow up! Jack leg pulled out in front of me in the rain in February '03 and I slid under his rear bumper ~ 5 - 10 mph (garaged since). Excellent project or parts car.

Damaged front end including both panels, hood, core support, AC condensor, etc. see pics. Put a used radiator (fan shroud is gone) in it so I could still play. Still runs strong, 128K, good motor, tranny, rear end, etc. Had the car since '96, Timing chain, guides etc. replaced about 70K, rear calipers in '00, cheap exhaust & muffler from cat back from Midas in Dec '02. Interior is immaculate, only one dime/nickel sized hole in the drivers seat near left elbow (typical for this model). No cracks in dash. Manual windows, locks, mirrors etc. Glass is all good, doors were not damaged. Body is in good shape two small (1/4 inch) dings near gas cap (should be able to pull them out - barely noticeable so I never messed with them), original paint wearing on roof, various light scratches in paint as it is 14 yrs old. Alpine CD/Stereo a bit tempermental with CD's, needs cleaning. Chrome American racing wheels, rear tire tread 70 - 80%, front 25% at best. After market spoiler similar to original on the power model. Have most of the receipts for work done. Battery is on its last leg but has enough juice to keep it running once jumped. I have the front bumper support (re-usable) and fiberglass bumper (probably trash) as well (not pictured). Spare tire and extra spare tire rim included. Original owners manual and dealer sticker (14,600 new in '89)

Would like to sell whole for $1,000 obo. I will let the add run for a week or so, and may part out or donate to a local charity for the tax write off if no sale.

The car has a clear title (not salvage) and expired tags. You could drive it probably to Indy/Cincy/Nashville - its leaking power steering fluid so you may not want to go much further. I have access to a car trailer and may deliver to one of those three for a couple hundred dollars.

Here's a link to some pictures (taken with a cheap digital cam -sry) on a website very hastily built - but pics nonetheless.

Pictures

I have tried to list everything that you need to know, don't hesitate to post a question. Serious inquiries only please, I just finished messing with one of those Nigerian scams - US sale only.

Very fun & fast car, thanks for looking

Darin

Darinconn@insightbb.com