Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

coilovers for s13

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2003, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by Rittmeister
I realize this is hijacking this thread even further but there is NO WAY that you'll get a front wheel drive DE to fit into a 240. The motor mounts are different, the ignition system is different, the accessories have different mounting points, the trannies are different, etc. etc. etc. ECUs and wiring are different too. I've got a Sentra SE-R with the SR20 which I've done a lot of work on, and I've been doing massive research into swapping an SR20DET into the 240 I just got.

Your friend who has an SR20 in his 200sx has a FWD SR20. The 200SX SE-R came stock with the FWD SR20, as did the original B13 Sentra SE-R (my other car), the Infiniti G20, the B14 Sentra SE, the B14 Sentra SE-L, the B15 Sentra SE w/PP, and the NX2000. There are FWD SR20s everywhere, but they still won't fit into a 240.

Also, you mention that the KA was also used in the pickup. The pickup was RWD! The Stanza and later the Altima both used the KA24, and were FWD, but like the FWD/RWD SR20, the FWD/RWD KA24 are NOT interchangeable, as far as I know.

To sum it up: your mechanic is either lying, or is ignorant. If you want a DE or DET in your rear drive 240, you'll need to talk to an importer.
Nuff said. they make two diff sr20de's as well as sr20det's one for fwd the other for rwd not meant to interchange (without serious customizing thats not worth it If funds are tight just find a rwd sr20de motor there fairly cheap b/c everyone wants the T
Old 09-03-2003, 11:48 AM

BASICALLY....

Like i said.... i'll have the pictures to prove it and YES it has been done before.... I'll have it posted in a different board though but i will let you guys know ofr sure..
Old 09-05-2003, 05:01 AM

When is this allegedly going to happen?
Old 09-05-2003, 09:59 AM

before the end of the year...i was invited to go down this month but after cell phone bill, car insurance, and looking for a new apartment... i couldn't do it right away. like i said, i'll let you guys know with pics an all here and on my web page when the time comes.

http://project-import.tripod.com
only forum right now full site to be up soon.
Old 09-07-2003, 12:27 AM

Originally posted by Rittmeister
When is this allegedly going to happen?
never b/c EVEN if you did do it ITS a waste of time and money withh that much customaztion and building up of the sr20de IF you EVEN get in there you might aswell as buy a sr20det from someone
Old 09-07-2003, 07:17 AM

hahahah
http://home.att.net/~jason510/turbochoice.htm
look under SR20DET

The FWD SR20DE as used in the sentra SE-R cannot be swapped as a RWD
Old 09-07-2003, 08:14 AM

No kidding...

Did I mention that the distributor on a FWD SR20 would be either right next to or running into the firewall if you tried this? They put the disty, coil, and ignitor all on the driver's side of the engine, which would translate to the rear in RWD.

Also, I just remembered that the FWD SR20 tranny has a cable clutch, where we all know that the 240 KA has a hydraulic clutch.

I'm sorry, but this is looking more and more like a scam or something. The only thing that comes to mind is that this mechanic might have a RWD NA SR20 from Japan, and thinks it came from a G20.

?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 09-07-2003, 10:25 AM

AND, the throttle body points the wrong way. The FWD intake manifold would point the TB at the firewall in a RWD application; it's reversed to point to the front of the car in all the RWD SR20s.

Man, I'm on a roll here. I'm really going to be curious to see these pictures.
Old 09-07-2003, 10:57 AM

Originally posted by RS13
hahahah
http://home.att.net/~jason510/turbochoice.htm
look under SR20DET

The FWD SR20DE as used in the sentra SE-R cannot be swapped as a RWD

we jus hijacked this thread nad made him feel like retard *sigh* I really like putting ricers in there place
Old 09-07-2003, 11:55 AM
Contributing Member

This thread turned into the most retarded arguement of all time. US FWD SR20 in a 240..... Yeah have fun with that!
Old 09-07-2003, 05:06 PM

just wanted to make him shut his mouth
i alwasy get the proof
Old 09-07-2003, 06:55 PM

Talking HA HA THINK AGAIN....JOKES ON YOU....!!

well.... originally i was goin to say that a went to Florida this past weekend (hence thats why i was quiet for a couple of days) and had "my engine" installed. I was also gonna post "pics." The thing is..... and no don't even think of saying that you were right (well technically yes about the FWD SR20DE) and that i came to my senses......I never was going to do anything at all. I was just really bored one day and decided to throw an off-topic discussion/arguement in some one's thread. This was the thread i chose. I'm surprised that you guys kept it going this long lol and didn't notice the most ridiculous things i was saying...

1) Would you really think that i would drive my near 150,000 miles 240SX down to Florida from NY and then all the way back without breaking it in before a LOOONG trip back like that?

2) Why would i have a mechaninc all the way in FL in the 1st place?

3) (THE OBVIOUS THAT WAS ARGUED ABOUT) A sr20de fwd?.......come on now.

4) "It's been done before" - and if it ever has, i would like to see up close and personal.

5) How stupid do think i am (besides the fact that i started this and ripped apart this thread .. lol)? Review my other posts in other threads.

The "pics" i was goin to post was gonna be my car with a fake overlay of an USDM SR20DE, but i couldn't find the DE pic at the right angle for the pic of my car i have on the comp.

Honestly the truth is.. I don't know what engine i wanna do whether i stick and rebuild my KA or go with a DET. She's barely a day shy of being two month's old. I get different responses on what i should do. The IFX meet at the Sage Diner in Queens made me wonder more on what the hell i should do, but i did learn that it's a lil cheaper to get the DET engine from Canada.

I wanted to see how well edjucated you guys are cuz trust me, there are a lot of bull****ters out there. I was gonna get a '94 Galant GS 5 speed and joined up with Galantspeed.com and yup.. people were bull****ting left and right pulling out crap i never headr of.

Well, it's been fun and don't start telling yourself that you proved me or any 1 else wrong cuz it was all BS. By the way, nismo180sx...trust me, there aint no ricer here.

On a final note .... notice that l b1 l (the kid who was selling the coilovers) never wrote back at all...LOL

aight i'm out
Old 09-07-2003, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member

All I have to say is....

1) Thanks for testing everyones intelligence. Hope you got some satisfaction out of it.

2) Only annoying immature ricers pull stupid crap like this on boards, so don't be so quick to say there isn't a ricer here.

3) It's nice to see you don't like boards filled with bullsh!t, like as you mentioned Galantspeed.com, just to come here and completely fill someone elses thread full of bullsh!t.
Old 09-07-2003, 07:52 PM

You do have a point but...

like i said i was really bored....tested some knowledge....and wanted to proved a point. Not like i was goin to do this BS all the time. I dunno bout you but i'm deff not a ricer just for checking 1 thing out. if anything, you guys are just as big of ricers as me then for continuing the argument for bout 2 weeks...
Old 09-08-2003, 02:09 PM

So basically you're saying you're a *****? Some of us were flaming you; I was trying to keep you from a potentially bad situation. Next time I'll remind myself to be a jerk and not help you.

Ever hear the one about the boy who cried wolf? You may have "tested my knowledge," but all you really did was prove your own ability to be a schmuck who sits around stirring up trouble on the internet. On the other boards I frequent we call these people trolls, and they get banned.

Quick Reply: coilovers for s13