Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

FS: 1992 Hatchback in CO. 5k obo

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 09:13 PM

FS: 1992 Hatchback in CO. 5k obo

Hey guys, this 240's a beast. The engine had an oil leak but it hasnt come back. the Oil pan has been resealed, but one screw is brooken in half on it. T/C rod bushings are blown, but I have whiteline polyurethane bushings to go that are still in their package(will be part of sale). It has a 600w Sony amp, pumping 2 infinity 4x6 Kaapas in the front and 2 MB Quartz in the rear. The deck is a Sony MP850, spliced into stock wiring(sorry guys, didnt use a harness...but it runs fine). Seats are beige, clean, but full of stains. Drive side has major rip where common wear spot is. Center console trim is kinda not-so-perfect cond. Glove comprt. is fine, and light works. All lights work. It has an H4 conversion in the front w/ PIAA Super Extreme White Bulbs(just installed yesterday); they were $80 for the bulbs.

Front hood is not level(couldn't really figure it out) and bumper is bent in on top. No engine frame damage whatso-ever. It has front/rear ebay strut bar(work great), and aurora 8.5mm plugs. Also, the whole system was Seafoam'd about a month ago. It HAD 4 excel silver 17" rims w/ Kumho 711 205/40/R17 tires on, but now it has 2 great cond.(just scvratched on outisde rim because tires hid behind rim) rims, one has a pothole dent(but runs fine), and the third one has a fairly big chip in it which is currently digging into the tire; I have 4 stock rims w/ almost bare tires on em for winter that will be given w/ the car. Also 2 stock hubcaps as a bonus. =)

This was the basemodel hatchback, but the prev. owner had power windows installed; I just replaced pass. side motor, but driver side motor is slowly dying. Rear seats are in OK cond., but have major stains. On a sidenote, the amp is installed onto the backframe of the rear seat; works fairly well. Battery replaced 6mo. ago and should be good to go. Engine is very clean(cleaned it about a month ago). Rear view mirror is sort of broken; the screw in the back got loose and won't go back in so it moves VERY easily, however once you put it in a spot, it rarely ever moves unless you hit a huge bump.

Theres a small crack behind the gauge cluster on the brown dash. Oh btw, outside color is MAACO black, with 2 dents on both rear quarter panels,and beige interior. Car was originally dark green and beige, but the paint job was a cheap fix for rust untill i was later going to do a serious body fix, so some panels are still dark green, including engine bay. Very unnoticeable tho. Also, ebay filter w/ MAS Aluminum adapter(that was bought from PDM-Racing). It is resting in the stock air filter box so it wont move around; eventually I was going to build an metal frame to hold it up and block engine heat.

Ash tray is missing, not-so-bad spot for a cupholder, Unless you "lazy-shift." New carpet, brown color, but its very clean. Also, universal black mats(don't fit very well tho). Locking gas cap, and 2 keys for it come w/ car. I believe that sums it up. I can get pics this week if wanted.

Anyone is more than welcome to drop by. Sorry for the out-of-order description, I just described stuff as it came to me. Feel free to ask questions by #(720-220-6263), email(sinful-boarder@comcast.net), or AIM(Number 1 Slackah). 5k obo.

Thanks ahead!

-Galen

EDIT: The reason I sound so negative in the description is just the turn of events that happened before I wrote the post; it's really fairly good except that mystery oil leak and the body damage. The wheel can easily be repaired at Wheels America in NorCal, and it costs $115 and the wheel will be BRAND NEW. The tires are too small and is basically why the rim chipped. The rim expands past the tire so that if you rub something, it scrapes, because the tire hides behind the rim; new tires will fix this; all in all its a pretty sweet project car w/ a not too shabby sound system.