Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

FS: Computer system: AMD AthlonXP, 256KB DDR, nice loyal comp :-)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 08:47 PM

FS: Computer system: AMD AthlonXP, 256MB DDR, nice loyal comp :-)

I'm selling my current computer, reason being that I'm building another computer and need all the money I can get for the parts. I got this one custom-made about a year ago at a place called Altex based out of San Antonio, Texas. My cousin owns it and made sure to give me the best hardware they had available at the time. The system still runs very smooth, never freezes, has been able to handle extremely demanding games and other applications (graphics, etc), and I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. No viruses, no problems, no bull****. Just need to get it sold so I can put my new one together.

This is what the system includes:
*Hardware*
-AMD AthlonXP 1800+ Processor clocked at 1.53GHz (has been overclocked safely to around 2GHz- fast enough for me)
-256 MB of DDR Ram
-40 GB Western Digital Hard Disk
-16x DVD Drive w/ CyberLink PowerDVD software
-16x10x40x CD-RW Drive w/ Nero software
-Generic Floppy (A) Drive
-nVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 Video Card (still one of the best in my opinion, I'll be using one in my new comp)
-Premium Keyboard (Shortcut & Navigation buttons)
-Logitech Optical mouse
-Altec Lansing speakers with subwoofer
-Macronix 10/100 Ethernet port
-Generic 56k modem
-Not sure on sound card, do believe it to be -Sound Blaster Audigy, sounds nice though
-RaiderPro joystick
-4 USB ports
-Printer port & Universal Serial port

*Software*
-All system board & hardware software, plus a disc containing full-version programs I've never bothered to install
-Windows XP Home Edition Operating System with certificate of authenticity and manual
-Microsoft Office 2000
-AVG 6.0 Antivirus
-Latest versions of Internet Explorer & Netscape Navigator
-Various other programs (Winamp, RealPlayer, DivX, etc.)

============

I am currently asking $900 for the system, and the buyer will pay shipping. I spent about $1800 last summer on it which definitely isn't cheap. I'm currently not including a monitor with it since I'm planning to reuse this one, but I could be talked into letting my Philips 107S go for $80 extra. I'm open to different offers, so don't be shy.

If anyone is interested, please email me (mlawson8@tampabay.rr.com)

I'll be happy to answer any questions you have reguarding the system. I currently do not know what shipping would be, but will be weighing the system probably tomorrow in order to be able to provide a figure to anyone interested. I'm located in Tampa, FL so if anyone lives close and would like to pick it up and save on shipping that's fine.

Thanks guys

Last edited by Mike431635; 09-13-2003 at 08:55 PM.
Old 09-14-2003, 11:46 AM
Contributing Member

You're not gonna sell that computer for $900 my man. You can buy a computer with a 2.4Gig P4 and 512 ram and a dvd burner for around $800 now. Maybe the video card will only be a 64 meg, however thats all most people need. With 4 usb 2.0 ports, around a 80 gig hg, $800 for a brand new computer versus $900 for a used one doesn't add up, no matter how much you paid for it. And for an overclocked computer at that. Overclocking your computer means putting it at a faster speed than it was deemed 100% reliable at, which in my opinion isn't the greatest idea.
Bump that price down and you should be able tyo get some buyers. IF you wanna get into specs I'd love to chat