Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

FS Original Nissan 90-96 300ZX rear caliper seal kits (skyline too)

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 03:02 PM

FS Original Nissan 90-96 300ZX rear caliper seal kits (skyline too)

For those that do not know (I found out the hard way), Nissan USA is no longer importing the rear seal kits for the 1990-1996 300ZX. I had them on order from two different dealerships only to find out 3 and then another 4 weeks later...ummm sorry we really can't get them (they both told me they had them in stock)...

This applies for any of the rear brakes...these also cover the R32, R33 and R34 Skylines with non-Brembo calipers. There are places like Courtesy Nissan offering them: at nearly $90 + shipping and PDM Racing: at nearly $70 + shipping from canada

You can get after market ones for about $50 (+shipping and/or tax), but like all aftermarket, sometimes you don't get the best fit or quality.

The above two dealers are selling their's at fair prices for a merchant, they have overhead and all that to deal with...both are top notch companies, however; you can benefit from this deal.

I bought my first set from Courtesy as I was in a crunch. However, when my wife went back to Japan to visit her parents I had her pick up some sets.

She was able to get 6 of them, I have 3 left.

I am pricing these fairly at $40 WITH PRIORITY SHIPPING INCLUDED to anyone in the lower 48 states...those of you in Hawaii or Alaska can email me for a shipping quote, it will be fair and only that much more than shipping within the major portion of the country. You will get them in 3 days.

I have a great ebay history and these are the real deal...so many people are just buying calipers and slapping them on. Brakes are what keep you from basically dying on the road.

This is an easy job...you may have to have the pistons blown out at a machine shop (I paid $15 for all 4 calipers) if you don't have access to an air compressor.

Then you just pull out the old stuff (simple, it's a snap ring that you can use a screwdriver to undo or even your finger nail, a dust seal, then an inner seal that pops out with any kind of *plastic* pick...or even a wooden toothpick (to avoid scoring the piston shaft).

Then you use the two included inner seal grease packs to lube the new inner seal and just pop it in with your fingers.

Next put a little of the inner seal grease on the leading edge of the piston and slide that back in.

Almost finally the outer seal grease goes on the dust boot and a bit on the outer edge of the piston, and then slide it on. Use the rest of the grease for the brake shims.

Last step is to slide the snap ring in place and slide the new bleeder cover on....easy and you now have NEW brakes.

Take the time prior to disassembly to clean them up really good and either paint or polish them....I had mine powdercoated and they looked BRAND NEW.

I have R33 GTS-T front calipers and Z32 (to be exact 1991 aluminum 300ZX TT) rear calipers, both the front and rear Nissan seal kits took all of 1 hour to do

Pictures of what you get in the exact same condition...these are pictures of the actual item, not something I found online (the names below refer to the side of the package, they are rear seal kits only):
http://30moons.com/images/Auctions/N...SealsFront.jpg
http://30moons.com/images/Auctions/N...eSealsBack.jpg

Paypal is alkemyst@30moons.com

Å

Last edited by alkemyst; 08-20-2006 at 07:28 AM.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:14 PM

will these work with n/a calipers?
Old 07-27-2006, 04:36 AM

yes
Old 07-30-2006, 03:35 PM

I had a few other questions about 26mm and N/A calipers. For the 26mm I can't be 100% positive, but I was told they work. Any other setup with the rear calipers it's 100% guaranteed unless you are running brembos from a skyline.

This is a great deal when you consider you get the right lubes included instead of having to go to the store and pay $3-6 x2 for two tubes of brake lubes.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:45 PM

3 left (1 is pending mid August).

Let me know

Å
Old 08-20-2006, 07:32 AM

3 available, price drop.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:02 PM

1 left
Old 08-22-2006, 07:15 PM

all gone.