Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

Red Hot - 1990 240sx - Low Miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2004, 02:29 PM

Smile Red Hot - 1990 240sx - Low Miles

ITEM: 1990 NISSAN 240SX
DESCRIPTION: RED HOT 240SX - 117,000 MILES
2.4 L 12 VALVE
PRICE: $ 2,500 OBO
SHIPPING: PICK-UP PREFERABLE - CAN SHIP IF YOU LIVE IN
SOUTH CAROLINA
PICS: TO COME
CONTACT INFO: PM, THREAD REPLY, OR EMAIL
amanda_ca88@hotmail.com
BEST CONTACT METHOD: SEE ABOVE
PAY OPTIONS: CASH, CHECK, OR MONEY ORDER

The car was sitting for a year or so before we picked it up so bear with me: Nice clean 240sx - new water pump and thermostat installed. New Sony X'plod head unit and door speakers. New Top Speed exhaust installed ( less than 500 miles on exhaust ). Has fairly large dent in driver's side rear quarter panel from previous owner and the rear bumper could use some paint from fading. Nice new flawless front bumper put on by previous owner. Car has only had three owner's - My wife's employers father bought the car when it was brand new, passed it on to his daughter, and then she sold it to us. Interior is nice and clean - there are two cut out holes in each door from where two tweeters used to be and the driver's side seat has a tear in it. The back seat safety belts are broken, by previous owner - but other than that the dash is crack free and the inside is nice. The rear antennae does not extend - could be a burnt out motor, but you can hear it trying to work, so your guess is as good as mine. I removed the factory wing from car to prevent any further rust - so the factory drilled holes are still prevalent and there is slight rust present ( I still have the wing if the buyer wants to put it back on ). The tires were brand new but have since begun to dry rot from sitting so long - I say they have a good 8,000 miles or so left in them but it would not be a bad idea to change them soon. The car has a problem with overheating - but I have had it checked out and the water pump and thermostat changed, it could just be air in the system still ( the # 1 reason 240's overheat ) so I will bleed the system and see how it helps. The car has had all it's routine oil changes done since I've owned it, and has had a complete fluid flush and fill done ( brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant etc ... ). The brakes squeel sometimes, but there is plenty of meat left on the pads and a little no squeel should take care of it. A new 12" electric fan was installed and the old fan removed - but can either put it back on for free or give it to buyer to do if not pleased with the electric fan. New Idler/power steering pulley put on to replace old one. Previous owner dropped a screwdriver into the original factory fan while car was running thus the new fan and shroud removal - it also grazed the radiator, but did not puncture it. The A/C fan in front of the radiator does not work - I haven't even looked at it, so I can't tell you what is wrong with it yet. The car was broken into when the previous owner owned it, and the crooks stuck a screwdriver into the passenger side and hatch lock - so they need to be replaced. The car IS equipped with a remote door unlocker and an alarm - I believe a fuse may be blown being that the remote and the alarm are no longer working and I will most undoubtly have that fixed in the next day or so ( I need to get the time to look at it ). And lastly The Timing chain needs to be tightened or replaced due to it making a slight rattling noise when car accelerates - no small task. I bought the car as a project car and have since put about $ 1,200 into it and a lot of my friend's and I sweat. But the wife want's a new car and I will be leaving shortly on a 4 month business trip - So it's her call. It's a great project car, and with a little tlc could be a hell of a beast. Engine runs strong and the car has only 117,000 miles on it. I have all the paper's and work reciepts from what has been done to the car and some of the paperwork from the previous owner's as well. I need to sell it in a week. Serious inquiries only please, and I am not interested in any trades or parting the car out. Any further questions, just get a hold of me and I will be more than happy to answer them.

Last edited by Shady_20; 03-25-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-25-2004, 06:02 PM

Question?

I have got pics if anyone could help me post them - Kind of a newbie here
Old 03-25-2004, 07:16 PM
Contributing Member

Send the pics to me at o_hyjynx_o@yahoo.com and I will set it up for you.
Old 03-26-2004, 07:33 AM

???

No one even wants to make an offer? It's a great car and I'm sorry about the novel I wrote describing the condition - I just didn't want to b/s anyone and have them be interested in something they knew nothing about. - Shady
Old 03-28-2004, 08:23 AM

might be interested in it for 2,000 if you got pictures? (it_be_mattu@yahoo.com)