Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

For Sale Ny Area

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2002, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

For Sale Ny Area

for sale ... black auto 1991 240sx... i live in the ny area ... ill take your best offer.... call if u want any specs etc...

Car Has ::::

130k on Chasey
rebuilt ka with 80k on it (have receipt)
17" Rims
exhaust with 2.5" piping
k &n air filter
Brembo Cross Drilled Slotted Rotors ( all 4 ) 2 weeks old...

Clear corners
7 color indigo gauges
2 10" Crunch Subs
Alpine CD Deck

email me for specs... and or pics... malicex000@hotmail.com
Attached Thumbnails For Sale Ny Area-drift-road.jpg  
Old 08-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Contributing Member

another pic....
Attached Thumbnails For Sale Ny Area-drift-road.jpg  
Old 08-12-2002, 01:03 AM
Contributing Member

looks nice. why an auto???
??????????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 08-12-2002, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

dude... it was the only nice car i could find at the time.... was right before college and i got a hell of a deal from a friend... but i wanna move on to a manual... or if anything get a cheap 240 and drop a sr right after....
Old 08-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Contributing Member

why not convert to manual with the sr?
Old 08-12-2002, 09:45 PM
Contributing Member

too much money at this time... im still in college... this whole summer i worked to pay off the car and most of insurance... fixed all the bugs ie, water pump,alternator, battery ..... its gonna cost me 4k to do the swap... right now im still paying off my debt... if i can sell the car at least i wont be in debt for a while...
Old 08-13-2002, 05:44 AM
Regulate

I think everyone who owns an automatic 240 wants a manual but couldnt find one at the time of purchase (or find one good enough to buy). That was my case. Manual 240's for sale in good condition are few and far between, especially s14s). So unfortunately, I ended up with an auto like malice.

If I had the money I'd swap too, but heh heh, I don't.
Old 08-13-2002, 07:02 PM
Contributing Member

i feel you on that. i'll consider myself lucky i got my s13 with that terminal timing chain problem. the engine has 74,000 miles so i'm good. but to tell the truth i wouldnt buy unless it was what i wanted. don't that company level 10 (or sumthin like that) have good tq. converters and all that? i read about em in SCC or SS last year. try to find those guys they'll help the auto whoas.

i'll try to find em.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Contributing Member

u had a internal timing chain problem ? got it fixed ?
Old 08-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Contributing Member

i've olny had the car like 2 weeks. i really haven't done sh*t except clean 6 months of dust off of it, get most tune up stuff together and try to find FSM. lots of research on this timing thing. it wont start so i can't warm engine up to compression test. the head gasket is probaly done(com. test). i don't want to tear it down till i get specs and new timing gear.
i did pick up an N1 last week though. waitin on delivery

can anyone point me in the right direction or have this problem?????????????????????????
Old 08-26-2002, 05:52 PM

timing chain replacement

i dont know what your exact problem is, but many people have had problems with guides or the tensioner breaking off and jamming. this document goes into more detail and describes replacement of the chain (if needed), guides, and tensioner. additionally some 240sx's have had a recall for that same issue(see letter). hope this helps:
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/L...1/EM89-002.htm
Old 08-27-2002, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member

thanks wiser i've found a few spots that explain the the TSB on that. i wish it was gona be a little easier to get done though. the one you put me on to is the most offical. still a pain in the *** though.

anybody else have this problem on their 89-90's??? cuz i've got a few questions..
1. the car won't start but turns over just fine. i pulled the valve cover off after no start and smelled fuel-besides coolant in oil(due to timing chain malfunction) could head gasket be a problem too?
2. or do you think timing is WAY off due to excess slack in chain?
3. how much do you think a cold compression test would be off?

there you go, any info would be appreciated
Old 08-27-2002, 10:51 PM

hey, no problem.
when you crank it, do you hear any noises coming from the timing chain area? if not, its not very likely that the timing chain would slip because there is not a whole lot of slack to begin with. more likely would be something in the distributor area. does it try to run at all? or just turn over like you dont have your distributor cap on? if it kinda sounds like its trying to start, first i would try and check your timing, make sure your distributor cap is on good, and all the spark plugs and wires are ok. you;ve probably already checked for spark. then check fuel pressure. just follow the procedure in your manual if you have one, just to make sure you dont spill gas all over, hehe. (from what you said, it sounds like it is getting fuel, but its easier to check that then the timing chain, if you know what i mean, hehe)
if it doesnt sound like its trying to start at all and all of that other stuff looks ok, then i would take off the valve cover, and crank it over and see if your rockers are moving, if not, then you know for sure what it is .
Old 08-29-2002, 02:40 PM

Looks good, but I need a 5 speed.
Old 08-29-2002, 02:49 PM
Contributing Member

i need one too, but all good comes to those who wait

Quick Reply: For Sale Ny Area