Private For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.

Skyline RB Clips For Sale - Monthly Special

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2003, 04:14 PM

Also a 93 240SX SE is an (S13). Is that the correct one ?
Old 02-23-2003, 04:27 PM

seems like everyone is doing the good ol' rb25 swap but people keep putting in the 91's-94's. Its got me wondering will it fit in the 95 240s
Old 02-23-2003, 06:02 PM

Originally posted by NightXCZ77
What did you hit a 12.3 with? I was hitting 12.6 without touching boost, rev limiter etc... which is pretty good I'd say.

Night
That's VERY good I'd say. My reasons exactly for wanting to tune something that was meant to be turbo. As for that price you specified... that's pretty amazing (to me). Such a powerful swap for so little in comparison to others. when you say "front clip", do you mean like the WHOLE front end of the car?? Or is it just the necessary pieces for the transplant? The reason I ask is because... I work in my garage at home, but I have nowhere for the entire front end of a car

Last of all... I have to have AC even though it's a power robber. It get's TOO hot here and I drive TOO much (average 40k miles/year) to noy have it... especially when it rains on a hot muggy day; fogging up my windows.

I'm still in search of an S14 240. As soon as I find one (black) I'm buying it. I'll be in touch with you like the next day

Thanks,
Old 02-23-2003, 06:11 PM

Knight. Another question.

I REALLY wanna do the RB25 swap, but tell me... how available are the aftermarket performance parts for this engine? I can find SR stuff all day. Where do I find the RB stuff, like Greddy turbo kits, better pistons and rods, etc? Also, say something on the car fails, like igniter, distributor (or coil pack... dont' know which it has), waterpump...... can I easily get replacement parts??

Also, where the R34 RB motor is good to over 1,000hp... what's the max power on the R32 RB? The RB25 IS the R32 motor, right??

Thanks,
Old 02-24-2003, 12:24 AM
Contributing Member

RB25DET engines are R33. They can go over 1000 hp easy.

Aftermarket parts are easily accessible. I'll have a full line soon. Look at www.trust-power.com for Skyline parts from Greddy. Water pump can be ordered, takes about a week. Other stock replacement parts can be found in the US.

Night

Oh yeah, clip means whole front half of car.
Old 02-24-2003, 10:41 AM

Other stock replacement parts can be found in the US.

Night

Oh yeah, clip means whole front half of car.
Cool. That's one of my largest concerns. Where are you located... Washington State, or DC? State is too far , DC would be great! Anyway... you should put together a manual with detailed instructions for installing the RB into an S14... I'd pay you for it. Everything from sub-frame mounting, to drive-shaft fabrication, to "wiring".

Speaking of wiring, how difficult is it. I'm used to leaving the ECU harness intact and simply plugging in an engine harness... maybe moving a pin or two under the hood, or adding a wire or so from the bay to the ECU. Does the RB swap require a major rework of the interior harness? For instance, do you have to reqire fuse-box stuff, instrumentation, ecu, etc??

Thanks,
Old 02-25-2003, 10:50 AM

<><><><><><>

Hey you guys need to understand that the RB motors can withstand allot of HP on stock internals......there is a RB25 in Japan that has a little over 550HP to the wheels on the stock internals. The RB26DETT is always going to be better, but they are both really good engines. There is an RB26DETT in Japan that has around 700HP on stock internals...
Old 02-25-2003, 08:35 PM

Talking New Guy

I've been wanting to be one of the first guys in my area to do the Skyline motor in a 240.
I'm picking up my 91 Super Hicus coupe the weekend.
I'll have the money for the motor in a few months.
Do any of the front clips come with sheet metal, body parts?
Glad to find a resource for the clips.
Later,
Matt
Old 02-26-2003, 01:14 AM
Contributing Member

I'm in WA state. Too far I guess. I can put together a whole booklet...debated doing it many times lol. Wiring isn't very hard, about 8 wires total that have to be played with, 36 for gauge cluster extension. THat's it. You do run the RB harness over your dash though.

When you want a clip, let me know.

Night
360-672-2415
Old 02-26-2003, 05:56 AM

You do run the RB harness over your dash though.
When you say "over the dash", what do you mean? Do you mean like... "visible" over the dash? If so, have you concealed yours some how?

Also, have you ever heard of unstable-hybrids.com ? They're in Conyers, GA (very close to me) and do RB, SR, etc swaps. Their clips are way more than yours, though. to the tune of $4,000.00. But, for that price they guarantee intercooler and piping... is that worth it? They charge about $2,000.00 for installation NOT including the motor and tranny mount fabrication. They also have a custom intake manifold that doesn't cross the valve-cover and requires less IC piping.

what do you think?

thanks,
Old 02-26-2003, 10:44 AM

from what i understand the reason it costs so much would be because instead of just doing the swap, they do alot of probably unneeded modifications...
Old 02-26-2003, 02:07 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by genyosai
When you say "over the dash", what do you mean? Do you mean like... "visible" over the dash? If so, have you concealed yours some how?

Also, have you ever heard of unstable-hybrids.com ? They're in Conyers, GA (very close to me) and do RB, SR, etc swaps. Their clips are way more than yours, though. to the tune of $4,000.00. But, for that price they guarantee intercooler and piping... is that worth it? They charge about $2,000.00 for installation NOT including the motor and tranny mount fabrication. They also have a custom intake manifold that doesn't cross the valve-cover and requires less IC piping.

what do you think?

thanks,
Sorry, you run it under your dash....on top of your 240 interior harness. That way it is concealed.

LoL, who hasn't heard of Unstable? Outrageous pricing, misleading information, making buyers believe that the swap is too hard for them to do, not giving out information on the swap, bull**** engine mounts...

Here's the story. Unstable has had my friend's car for 9 months and still haven't touched it. This is not the only car they've had that long either. They like to tell you that you NEED custom tranny and engine mounts, when, in fact, you don't. They also try to sell you THEIR intake manifold which they don't even make. A shop called Top Hat Performance makes their intake manifold and they take credit because they came up with the design.

They guarantee intercooler and piping huh? I guarantee startup and run, which means that intercooler and piping will be in tact and working properly. They also charge 2k just for install, I charge $1250. I charge $2750 sale price for the RB motors, $3250 normal price. They charge $4,000. If you really look at it, you'd get your car done cheaper and faster by shipping it to me and having me do it than having Unstable do it.

Night
360-672-2415
Old 02-26-2003, 02:52 PM

If you really look at it, you'd get your car done cheaper and faster by shipping it to me and having me do it than having Unstable do it.

Night
360-672-2415
I hear ya Cheaper to ship to you, huh? I thought that would be pretty expensive. I may be wrong, but isn't it like $1/mile to transport a vehicle? What are the usual rates for transport? I may seriously consider this!

Let me know,
Old 02-26-2003, 03:07 PM

[i]If you really look at it, you'd get your car done cheaper and faster by shipping it to me and having me do it than having Unstable do it.

Night
360-672-2415 [/B]
Hey.

I got a quote of $2400.00 for round trip shipping to Seattle Washington. That plus your pricing comes out to $6,440.00 parts and labor. That in itself is already $1,600.00 less than unstable.

Of course you know whats next. Shipping a car such long distances to someone you don't know and can't easily get your hands on What can you do to prove yourself.... as a person and as a business.

I'm seriously considering this! I have MAD offers for my CIVIC so far (didn't expect so many inquiries). It's just a matter of someone coming through, now.

e-mail me direct at ngallman@sc.rr.com .

Thanks,
Old 02-26-2003, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

You've got mail!

Night

Quick Reply: Skyline RB Clips For Sale - Monthly Special