Rb26dett S13 Vs Big Singled Supras

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:32 PM

The fact that he is telling people straight out that he plans on reaching speeds of 200 mph on a street race automatically qualifies him as legally retarded

If he hits someone, he will be charged with manslaughter....definitely worth the risk!!!!

Oh and by the way, I did give constructive advice, you need an assload of downforce at those speeds....you can't go that fast on a highway without expecting to die

Cars that go that fast (i.e. real race cars) do so on well-maintained, smooth tracks
Old 01-08-2007, 09:51 PM

well if he wants to put himself in that risk is his business. he asked about engines and suspension, not how risky it is. with your advice thought, you were right, you do need real aero parts that arent just for show, that put some real downforce on there to keep it stuck to the ground. The thing with the 200 mph on the frreway is that he said he wanted to be able to do that, not do it every time he drives to work. He wants to beat supras, realistically, he probably wont ever hit 200, but he wants to be able to. I see whats he is saying. he isnt saying that he wants to cruise the freeways at 200 mph to find a supra to race. he just wants to be able to crush one when it comes up.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:57 AM

ok.
im not too sure if jspaeth can still read this.
but.
A) germany has a little thing called an autobahn..
theirs no speed limit.

B) its all in the tires and suspension 200mph is not fast enough to flip a 2500+ lb. car

yes, a well designed rear wing would add traction, but it isnt a requirement.

busting his ***** for trying to build what the rest of us could only dream about is downright retarded.
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 PM

well if this thread is still goin swing my man fullrace has a kit to swap the whole entire rb26dett motor tranny and AWD drivetrain its kinda of expensive check their website.Thats the way to go espically since its AWD you can hook up like a monster.
Old 04-03-2007, 03:49 PM

and it's a pipe dream...for an s14

yes, everyone wants an 800 rwhp rb26 s13, but the knowledge it takes to obtain and reliably control that power is a great feat...but if you already have that knowledge, imo you won't have to ask around on the internetz for what turbo to choose or what suspension to pick

rb26 is expensive as hell and hard as hell...and people doing the swap shouldn't be the kind of person going around asking how much power it can make on stock block...if you get my drift, i would research a bunch more

sorry if i sound a bit harsh, i just want to prevent an rb26 showing up at your house and you having no idea what to do next lol

Last edited by ka-tfresh; 04-03-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM

I have a 2jz in my 97 and i have about 400hp when i last dyno tested. I havnt in a while and i have done alot of engine upgrades and what not.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:54 AM

oh , were talkign about stock .... thats deffinitly not stock.

2JZ-GTE

The 2JZ-GTE was outsourced to German firm Johann A. Krause Machinefabrik GmbH to refine and make suitable for use in the Japanese Grand Touring Car Championship "JGTC" witch required the motor to be homologated in a production car. The Engine was to power the fourth generation of the Supra sports car. It was based on the 2JZ-GE, but differed in its use of sequential twin turbochargers and the use of an intercooler.The 2JZ-GTE was one of the few Japanese 3-liter sports car engines on both the Japanese domestic and export markets during the '90s, sharing the title with Nissan's VG30DETT V6 and Mitsubishi's 6G72 V6.

The use of sequential twin CT12B turbochargers raised its power output from a mere 166 kW (225 hp DIN) to the market maximum of 206 kW (280 hp DIN) at 5600 rpm, limited by Japan's "Gentlemen's Agreement" between Japanese automakers, although real output and torque figures were well in excess of 300 hp (over 220 kW).

In the North American and European market, power was raised to 239 kW (320 hp SAE)/243kW (330hp [DIN]) at the same engine speed of 5600 rpm. The export version of the 2JZ-GTE achieved its higher power output due to different turbochargers (stainless steel for export models, ceramic for Japanese models), camshafts, and larger injectors (550 cc/min for export markets, 440 cc/min for Japanese models). Because the primary mechanical differences between the export (CT12B) and Japanese (CT20A) model turbines are the size and material of the exhaust-side shaft (stainless steel exhaust-side shaft for export models vs ceramic shaft for JDM models), one can replace the JDM's ceramic shaft with the steel variant found in export model. In tuning groups, in spite of the lack of actuators for both turbines, the factory turbochargers are often retained after mild engine modification due to the highly durable housings and use of stainless steel for the impeller and turbo fins in the export models. In light of the above as well as the due to the use of forged internals throughout the engine, the 2JZ-GTE is well-known for requiring no internal modification to cope with the stress associated with high-boosting turbines, and has actually achieved 1000HP at the flywheel with bone stock internals.

This engine is considered the main rival of Nissan's RB26DETT, and is very popular with the tuner niche for its upgrade flexibility and reliability that is supported very strongly by the aftermarket scene.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by jspaeth
The fact that he is telling people straight out that he plans on reaching speeds of 200 mph on a street race automatically qualifies him as legally retarded

If he hits someone, he will be charged with manslaughter....definitely worth the risk!!!!

Oh and by the way, I did give constructive advice, you need an assload of downforce at those speeds....you can't go that fast on a highway without expecting to die

Cars that go that fast (i.e. real race cars) do so on well-maintained, smooth tracks
i whole heartedly concur. and dont say that if he wants to put himself at risk crap cuz hes on a highway with other people regardless, so they will be at risk as well. and im pretty sure that any highway on the planet, with the exception of the autobahn is not even close to an ultra smooth, well maintained track. i do want to say that a car that beats supras or ford gt's is a sick awsome idea however. so im not totally against you or your ideas. all i can say is good luck with ur car and goals and please dont ruin anyone else's weekend with your need for speed.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Hey Jspaeth if you've ever been on an autobahn you'd know that the roads are a bit nicer than America's since the only speed limit is the recommend one

still 200 is a bit much... but...

I doubt he'll be going 200

Where you stationed at Swing lo? I lived in germany for 3 years fest's ****in rock
Old 05-13-2007, 07:20 AM

yeha the autobahn is meticulously maintained, and it's quite a bit thicker than american roads...it's also illegal to run out of gas lol

but this is all around a horrible idea unless you're going for the 240sx speed record on the salt flats
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 AM
Club240 Staff

OKK...lets reel this one back in. Club240 does not condone or agree with street racing in any form. It is especially unsafe to attempt race speeds like this on US highways. If you want to go for 200mph speeds, go to top speed events. The types of cars that safely obtain those speeds have lots of money and development poured into them and should only be attempted on area that can accomodate them.

If you would like to have an intelligent discussion on what it would take to develop a high hp, high speed 240, you will first need to remove any reference to it being used on the street to race supras and such. Otherwise the thread is done.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:41 PM

Damn been years since I've posted on this site, but I just had to.

At 200mph, a car is not the same as driving 75mph.

You need to understand that even at 110mph on a track, your car can lift up and lose all it's traction.

You really need to understand WHY car's that are designed to go 200mph cost so much and just exactly the engineering behind it to do that sort of speed.

Yes you can go that fast, but my bet is that you will also die and maybe take out an innocent life or two.

Those types of speeds are for the track, regardless of where you live.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM

And ****ie ****, noticed this thread is from 5/2007.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:34 PM

gt-r blocks can hold 700+ anything after 850hp you will suffer from and oil pump breakdown

rb25 are somewhat bad to boost excesively on the stock block because of weak rod design, and they dont rev as high as the almighty rb26 i think rb20"s are better then the rb25

if you endup getting a rb26 change the stock oil pump to a nismo n1 unit from rhdjapan.com

for suspension you should go with hks hypermax drag spec coilovers the best $1700 you will spend on straight line coilovers and universal traction bars fron titian motorsports
Old 01-03-2009, 09:51 PM

I know its been a few months but I thought I would still put some input in. First of all 240's have been going fast for a very long time. The whole drifting explosion has put 240 owners in reverse as far as engineering products for more power and stability. We are now all hooked on ching chong jdm crap coilovers, weak sos sub-500whp dynos and running around on stretched tires. All of the above equals a crappy put together car. Atleast the OP here has the right direction in build. Heck 5 years ago you couldnt even post up under 500whp dynos with built blocks on 1.6ltr b16a's or you'd get flamed. I say go for it. And $15k(what I'm in so far on my 2jz build) for an engine swap is relatively cheap in comparison to the cars you will be able to beat. Heck my boy put 30k turboing his e46 m3(HPF stage 2). He only put out 580whp and is still living of Top Ramen noodles due to high credit card debt.

I have been building a 2jz swap for our s13. Its running an sp67 turbo, BC cams and SP fuel setup. This will be good for around 650whp on a factory bottom end. Which I feel is about all I will need for the ability to hit 200mph. It will also give me the response needed for drag and auto-x capabilities. 315 rears and 275 front is the tire setup as well as KW coilovers and a bunch of other suspension bits. Sure if your a drifter 500whp is enough, but these days I run into crazy 2900lb c6 z06's pushing 700whp at my car meets. It takes alot more than a gt30 on an sr20det to pull even a stock one.

Here is an old video from a few years back of a simple sr20det running over 170mph-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDzomql1wEE
His car looked totally stable in the vid, atleast stable enough for me to stay on it a few more miles per hour.

Quick Reply: Rb26dett S13 Vs Big Singled Supras