S-Chassis Annoucements Discuss our latest site announcements.

Club 240 Under New Management!!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:54 AM
spt

Exclamation Club 240 Under New Management!!

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to make this announcement to let everyone know that Club240 is under new ownership. Let me start off by introducing myself so you all know who I am. My name is Ali and I run a few community forums online. One of the most popular one is EvolutionM.net. I also run GTRForums.com and several others.

First I do realize that many of you have been frustrated with the way things have been runned here. I wanted to first tell you all that this community will be going through a lot of changes to improve everyone's experience here. Anyone interested in helping with suggestions to help improve this place, please speak up. I want a chance to make this place the best it can be and with your help I think we can do it. Here's a basic list of items that will be taken care of first:

- Updating the forum software and moving the site to faster servers.

- Getting rid of the spammers/bots and having more control over this area

- Adding a new article section (including tech section and how tos) to provide a reference for new users and and exisiting users.

I also obtained a new project car for the site. It is being built for Time Attack and has a very nice list of parts going in. I will have a series of articles that I will publish here so everyone can see everything we are doing with the car.

Again if anyone has suggestions and are interested in fixing this community, please don't be shy. It's not too late to save this place. If anyone has questions for me, please let me know.

Thanks
Ali

PS - I also wanted to mention that myself and CharlesJ are long time 240 enthusiasts and bring a fair amount of experiemce to the table.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Club240 Staff

Hey everyone. to introduce myself, I have owned 5 240s and ran a nissan performance shop for several years so I guess you could say 240s are of interest to me. We are strongly commidted to breathing new life to this site and making it the best one out there.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:10 AM

One suggestion, is to clean up the mods. Most of the ones listed very rarely visit, if at all. Software and servers should definitely be at the top of the list, as well as getting rid of all the spam bots. If you want to talk more about it personally, you can email me at admin@pa-nissans.com, or IM me at ThisGuyBryan.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Club240 Staff

We are absolutely going to do every one of those suggestions and more. We will be in contact
Old 02-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Contributing Member

this is good. this was my very first nissan/240 forum. and when i came it was cool.as my knowleadge went up, lots of things i began to see was incorrect and i started to fall off a bit. i would come back every once in a while to see people asking the same question over and over.

I would be able to contribute to how tos alot becuase i have been the only one building my car and others buddies projects for the last 6 years.

later
welcome.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:44 PM
Contributing Member

interesting enough. sounds good. i am excited to see the changes.
Old 02-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Maybe more relevant ads? Anyone else seeing Cattle.com?
Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Club240 Staff

Yes, we intend to impliment a number of elements we have on EvolutionM including our ad and vendor scheme. In order to be a vendor/advertiser, you must be relevant to the comumnity. We will have a google ad spot, but it will be different.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:17 PM

hi guys!

first time poster, long time lurker.

glad to see changes are coming.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

a new list of active moderators would be great as Bryan mentioned

oh and welcome new staff members!!!
i hope we can get this board to be as liveley as it was 3 years ago

-Spencer

Last edited by silviaks2nr; 02-27-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Contributing Member

welcome. Its great to hear that club will be under going changes. Yes new mods would be wonderful.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Contributing Member

also in my opinion, new moderators chosen from existing members of Club240.com would be better than having moderators/established members from your other sites moderate this forum in several ways. moderators are not only expected to keep stupid/offensive coments off the boards, but also pointless useless threads as well as reposts. I also think that if the moderators are expected to give truethful advice and be familiar with the subjects at hand (S-chassis in this case.). well good lukc to everybody and hopefully we can make this forum come back to life.
Old 02-27-2007, 03:05 PM
Club240 Staff

We will review all the mods and remove inactive ones. There will be a post in a bit for new mod applications.

All these changes will take a little time as we first have to do a number of upgrades to the site and move it to our new and high bandwidth servers. Say good bye to slow and unreliable
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Club240 Staff

I should also note that we will be bringing in knowledgable industry people and 240 gurus for content, moderators, and site gurus.

For the most part, all mods should be 240 knowledgable
Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM

sounds interesting caint wait for this forum to be back to speed!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Club 240 Under New Management!!