S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Fresh Start to an S world.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 PM

Fresh Start to an S world.

Hey, so I originally bought a Gold 92 240sx coupe for my sister. After visiting the local scrapyard for some little odds and ends, a dude there says he has got one another 92 for sale. He says it is probably in a lot better running shape then the first one I purchased, just because the first one... as clear as day had the odometer messed with. I told him that one was quite enough. Me being a die hard Subaru driver/fan for about 7 years now couldn't see the point in owning an old *** rwd car. So as I was preparing the car for my sister, I noticed something very upsetting. Besides the fact that the odometer was tampered with, the driver side frame was completely rotted and painted over with about 5 gallons of undercoating. Couldn't live with myself if my sister got in an accident with an unsafe car like that. So I went and bought an old 92 EG6 for my sister which seems more fitting for her anyways.
After a couple weeks of owning the 240, I was taking a liking to it. Far superior gas mileage than my tank of an STi. Then the guy from the scrapyard texts me asking if i still was interested in his car. Remembering that he gauranteed it was a better car than the original gold one I bought, I said I'd look at it. Turned out to be a 92 blue coupe with a white bumper and one white door. Besides the poor paint, he wasn't lying about it being a better car. Has about 60,000 less km, frame was better and it pulled A LOT stronger. Also came with a tip off of when any 240 enters the junkyard so I get first dibs for life. So thats my story of how this cat become introduced to this interesting Nissan world. They seem like pretty solid cars with a lot of mods and directions you can go. Im gonna fix up the gold one to be just a stock clean coupe. The blue one is HOPEFULLY turn into a Silver Sileighty. So I'm lookin forward to squeezing as much info and resources out of this forum to achieve my goals. I will also be looking forward to meetin people along the way.
Old 05-20-2011, 11:51 AM

pics?