S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hello, Need a question answered

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 08:28 PM

Sorry bro, did not mean to **** you off.

I actually do know about all this stuff, but it seems Like I was not communicating to you guys correctly. I'm going to look for another engine at the junkyard tomorrow than, but if its too much for me to afford, than I will just go with the block.

Its alright, I know you have to take the engine out, and tear it apart. It will just be a learning experience for me.

Also quick question what is the compression ratio on these engines?
Old 04-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Contributing Member

no prob. but i was serious about the bike.

the last thing you want to do is spend money on a car that you are not familiar with. trust me save up, read up then buy a car. you can thank me later for warning you about stating something that will only be a waste of time and money in the end.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Contributing Member

also i apologies for my lack of patience but i will how ever insist that you do some more research before you start dishing out cash.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:04 PM

Yea thanks.

I tihnk the best thing is than, just to get a new engine after all.

It will save me a lot of time and hassle. Thanks a lot though, ill stick around here and tell you if I get the car. hopefully I find an engine, and than i will get the car.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Contributing Member

lol like i told you lol hit up those local tuner shops... KA's are paper weights now lol...

also you should be close to AMS
Old 04-03-2007, 09:30 PM

Welcome to the forums
Old 04-04-2007, 03:19 PM

changing a motor is not too hard, swapping blocks is a little different. It really depends what everyone is saying, your level of expertese (?). Have you ever disassembled a motor? if so, how far? Have you ever swapped a motor? if so what motor for what car? I would just say buy the whole engine, head included, and swap it or pay someone a couple hundred to swap it for you. Either way you got a pretty good deal.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:23 PM

It's not even funny how cheap KA blocks are. It's the ugly girl that gives good head. Most people chunk mint KA's for thier SR's and sell them for 200 bucks.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Contributing Member

^^^ lol nice analogy
Old 04-04-2007, 06:30 PM

haha, funny.

Well im still waiting on buying the car. My family is telling me not to buy it, since the guy has no title, and does not want to get it. So thats the only problem, I have right now, getting a title.

Anyone else selling a 240 in the Chicago land area?
Old 04-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

oh man you didnt tell me that.. if he has no title or way of getting it.. more then likely its stolen... if the car is not stolen you can always request and title from your DOT/MVA
Old 04-04-2007, 07:30 PM

I'm sorry, but if he doesn't have a clean title forget it. You'll end up with problems later on and it will be a nightmare.

Or you'll put 10k into it and he maraculously finds it and says it's his.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:28 AM

Well if it is stolen, im pretty sure he would not give me the vin.

Just to make sure though, I went to the Police Station yesterday to get it checked, but they just told me not to buy a car without a title anyways. OS they did not check it.

After that I did some research on a bond title, that is when there is no title present. You have to have a bill of sale, and an appraisal from a registered dealer, and send that to he secretary of state. Than they take some amount of the appraisal value and charge you for the title and registration.

I'm going to find out more about getting the title today, so hopefully everything goes well.

BTW: Anyone know a free vin history report? Where you don't have to pay.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:31 AM
Contributing Member

**** man that sounds like alot of work.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Contributing Member

buying a car without a title is a pain. friend of mine got a 240 for $100 with no title. bought it in June and didnt get the title until like last month. lots of work to file for a lost title, haha but it was worth it. $100 240 that didnt run due to the lower guides breaking and the chain making a hole in the wp housing. now is fixed and running pretty good. and to think i paid 3g for my coupe and his 240 is quicker than mine.

Last edited by MS!3; 04-05-2007 at 07:41 AM.

Quick Reply: Hello, Need a question answered