S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

hey every one.

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 08:39 PM

hey every one.

to start off i am a total newbe. i have a question that got my thread locked on a different forum and i would like to ask it here. i have bought several project cars in the past and i have not done any thing with them because i did not do my research and got in over my head. basically i would like an honest answer. how hard is it to work on a nissan 240sx? just as back ground to help answer this question the only Japanese cars that i have worked on in the past that i enjoy are older utility vehicles. the first engine swap that i did was a jdm motor in to a geo tracker when i was 15. i will admit that it was not the cleanest swap but the car still runs strong. the other is a 1988 isuzu trooper II head swap and it was not that bad either. the ones that i have trouble with are cars. i have worked on a 02 dodge stratus r/t, a 93 toyota camry, and a 93 nissan sentra se-r. of all of them the sentra was the best but i would not want to be under the hood all the time like i would be on a project car. my hope is that these cars were built for racing and they were made to be easily worked on in the pits. thanks for your time.
the last forum said that this question had no merit. i hope that this is not the case but if it is feel free to tell me.
sorry to be so defensive right off the bat. i wont be this way all the time, lol.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:50 AM
Contributing Member

I personally look at every car the same... they are all metal, plastic and rubber held together with bolts.

With forums like these.. almost every issue you have had or will have has been had. So just use the search button and browse the how to section for information. If you find a thread with a similar issue as yours.. feel free to post in it.

now as far as the 240... I never had a single issue working on them. the only thing I really learned is how to extract broken bolts and re-tap messed up bolt holes lol.

Welcome.

ps

break your sentences up into paragraphs of 3-4 sentences... that much info is hard to read when is garbled like that.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 03-14-2010 at 04:52 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:56 AM

ok cool. i will try not to ramble.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:47 PM

I am with biggamehit, my 240 is very easy to work on, when you get to know it, it becomes super easy, however I have a problem with stripping bolts... lol
Old 03-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

meow
Old 03-14-2010, 11:10 PM

im a total computer geek and a wana be grease monkey..
with that said..240s are super easy to work on.
especially if u can install/work on motors at all..
then with the help of asking/searching the right questions in forums you should be golden
luckily i have a friend in automotive school whos always willing to lend a hand
Old 03-15-2010, 10:42 AM

i have done several engine swaps and some head gasket changes so that shouldn't be too bad. maybe this is the car for me. thanks and i can wait to get one and be a real part of the community.