S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

Hey hey

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 10:38 AM

Hey hey

Hey all
I'm a newbie...yeah that's right. But anyways...got a question->
Haven't looked around at everything so don't get all mad if you've answered this kind of thing before...
I'm resurrecting my 240 s13 ka24e blown head gasket and the valves are prolly toasted but it still turns over. I would love to do an SR swap but with the sorry budget I've got right now I can only dream. Any suggestions for relatively inexpensive performance mods with substantial results/increases in all things good? If possible they need to be semi-quick to do since I am currently sharing a car till my baby gets fixed.... chillin in cell block 'home' damn I feel like I'm 12 again or something...but anyways
yeah so ideas?
thx
Old 10-15-2002, 10:59 AM

hoping to draw out some 240 lovers in my area...i know you're out there somewhere show me some love

i cannot wait to get her out there again...i'm amped baby
Old 10-15-2002, 11:04 AM

take off the mechanical fan and add an electric fan
Old 10-15-2002, 11:50 AM
Regulate

Do you want mods that will up your handling or power?

"relatively inexpensive" mods for power would be: intake (Injen recommended by most 240 owners), exhaust (Apexi recommended by most owners), headers, high flow cat. And there's always nitrous, heh heh.
Stuff like, short shifters, pulleys, are good also.

For handling it would be good to have front and rear strut bars, and drop in a new suspension set up (shocks, springs, etc). There's a ton of info about that in the suspension mods forum.
Old 10-15-2002, 11:57 AM

all that sounds great and i hope/plan to do it but i guess i didnt specify enough...
what i'm looking for right now is stuff that should/could be done to the repaired/replaced parts needed to get her running again so i can do it now and not have to take it apart for a while, well at least that part of her
but still...all input is welcome!
and i do want to increase power and handling

they need a smilie face with lil devil horns
Old 10-17-2002, 06:21 AM
Contributing Member

Well if your head gasket is shot and you think your valves have had it, I would suggest taking the head off and having a new 3-angle valve job done to it. Replace any valves that look really bad, and replace the head gasket. If anything you should see a little performance from that, the car will breath a lot better.
Old 10-17-2002, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

Hey n00b we at least to the boards. Glad to see some female representation on here, this way we'll get some advice on things from the other gender. Well as SilviaSpeed said. Change the valves that are bad, and you might want to also check the pistons, because with a blown head gasket the temp is extremely hot due to improper cooling. So you'll basically have to look into everything. Some Ferrera Valve would be nice upgrade.
Old 10-17-2002, 06:32 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Hey hey

Originally posted by konseiEva
Hey all
I'm a newbie...yeah that's right. But anyways...got a question->
Haven't looked around at everything so don't get all mad if you've answered this kind of thing before...
I'm resurrecting my 240 s13 ka24e blown head gasket and the valves are prolly toasted but it still turns over. I would love to do an SR swap but with the sorry budget I've got right now I can only dream. Any suggestions for relatively inexpensive performance mods with substantial results/increases in all things good? If possible they need to be semi-quick to do since I am currently sharing a car till my baby gets fixed.... chillin in cell block 'home' damn I feel like I'm 12 again or something...but anyways
yeah so ideas?
thx
I don't like to disagree with people but if you seriously want to do a swap then I would try to stay away from purchasing KA only parts. You will be trying to sell them later or giving them away (I pay shipping if you don't need the part )

Change your tires if needed.
Gas shocks.
Sport springs.
Steering wheel if yours is trashed like mine.

H4 conversion headlights. Nothing like actually being able to see at night.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:56 PM

Re: Re: Hey hey

i would love to do the swap but unless i hit the lottery or we start an 'i get a sr fund' and everyone drops crazy money in it, its not going to happen in the near future, regretfully. i'm a student working only pt so its kinda tuff to come across that kind of dough. the heavythrottle.com page quotes 5-6k for the swap, them doing the install of course and the sr itself at 2500 which seems kinda steep (ebay's cheaper from what i've seen). the problem here is that currently the car is not usable and i have no ride and there is no way in hell i can raise that kind of money so quickly and respectably

do any of y'all know of places that swap in at cheaper prices but do a good job? my friends have actually offered to do it but they have no previous experience with sr's so i'm a bit leary of that. even if they were able to pull it off i still have no car in the meantime. i'm stuck basically cuz the ka is broken. i really dont want to put more money into that but at the same time where does that leave me, ya know? the moral of this story: $$$ sucks grrr