S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

HIgh School Student with 240SX Project

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 05:32 AM

Talking HIgh School Student with 240SX Project

Sup guys, I'm a Junior In High. I have a 93 240SX Coupe and planning on a SR Swap...Any pointers for this new guy?..also, what are the benefits of just Keeping the Ka24 and upgrading it?
Old 02-14-2006, 08:00 AM

First of all, the two cars in your signature are not Silvias. They are the 240s. Second, at least put the KA24DE (from the S14 95-98 models) in the car. If not, do a real engine swap. KA-T, SR20, RB, whatever.

Have fun and don't street race.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:08 AM

Silvias?
Old 02-14-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally posted by JessicaS14
First of all, the two cars in your signature are not Silvias. They are the 240s. Second, at least put the KA24DE (from the S14 95-98 models) in the car. If not, do a real engine swap. KA-T, SR20, RB, whatever.

Have fun and don't street race.

Okay, i changed pic

but thank you

also, which would cost less and still be efficient as a daily driver and weekend racer/drifter/whatever

Last edited by Zenki_SliderS14; 02-14-2006 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 10:45 AM

Hi

First thing I would say is get aquainted with the search button. Take some time and research stuff, figure out what you want to do with the car and then search some more.

Chances are you have never driven RWD before so please, don't go around thinking your hot **** when your driving on the streets, you will probably wreck. Just keep it cool, read the rules of the forum, and be sure to search and you will get along with most on here.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:32 PM

Originally posted by Zenki_SliderS14
Okay, i changed pic

but thank you

also, which would cost less and still be efficient as a daily driver and weekend racer/drifter/whatever
Thanks.

Ok, I'm not really into the drifting and racing scene. As, I just use my car as a pretty daily driver. I just wouldn't suggest using a daily driver as a drifter/racer. It's alot of wear and tear on the car. You will have to do alot of work to it all the time. I mean, yeah.. maybe you have the time on your hands to do it. I know I don't. So, if I were in your shoes, I'd buy another car as a daily driver, and use the s13 as a your little race car.

But, hey.. that's just me.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:41 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by JessicaS14
Thanks.

Ok, I'm not really into the drifting and racing scene. As, I just use my car as a pretty daily driver. I just wouldn't suggest using a daily driver as a drifter/racer. It's alot of wear and tear on the car. You will have to do alot of work to it all the time. I mean, yeah.. maybe you have the time on your hands to do it. I know I don't. So, if I were in your shoes, I'd buy another car as a daily driver, and use the s13 as a your little race car.

But, hey.. that's just me.
WTF are you talking about?
Your assuming these things occur.
I daily drove/drifted my old S13 and it took it like a champ. Had no problems with the car.
I beat the **** out of her for 2 years.
Unless you have real world experience dont, discourage.
If some thing breaks, depending on what it is could take you only about 20min to RNR (remove and replace).
Old 02-15-2006, 05:00 AM

Originally posted by Levi SPL S14
WTF are you talking about?
Your assuming these things occur.
I daily drove/drifted my old S13 and it took it like a champ. Had no problems with the car.
I beat the **** out of her for 2 years.
Unless you have real world experience dont, discourage.
If some thing breaks, depending on what it is could take you only about 20min to RNR (remove and replace).

Thanks a lot man, it feels better hearing from someone that already has done/ pulled it off. But thank you anyway Jessica
Old 02-15-2006, 08:46 PM
Contributing Member

Good Luck.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:43 PM

I have a 88 max with boltons , That fwd drive , And if i just Go wot from 0 I would most likely hit a tree , You just have to up learn your car, Witch means Learn how to drive as you mod it , Do spension mods first they are always the best to do , I wouldet know witch coil overs / Shocks to go with since i do not know your prefrence . Me i like mine A little tighter not to tight and not in the middle. But any ways GOOD luck.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:02 AM

there's lots to learn. I'm trying to catch up wiht all the information and posts. Thanks to this forum!
Old 03-08-2006, 03:36 PM

Dont go street drifting! Remember. 10 seconds of fun can become 10 years of regret!
Old 03-19-2006, 01:03 PM

i learned that the hard way.....

never drift in a parking lot when ur going 40 in the rain.... you might hit a curb.... twice

anyway lol.... until you have ur suspension upgraded, i would not try any kind of drifting or racing, then brakes, then... maybe, just maybe, your car will be ready for upgrades to the motor

Have fun with your 240, and BE SAFE

P.S.- when you are looking at suspension, try ebay first, and dont get the cheap stuff... when it comes to ebay name brands are your friend
Old 03-25-2006, 12:21 PM

well, i've been driving/drifting day in and day out in the blue ridge mountains...No patrols or traffic ^___^. I'd say im pretty good, i've met a few other people that drive/drift there regularly, we have sort of a Car Crew thing going.. We learn from each others mistakes. i can drift/ drive 50/50 of the way down the mountain...The Tein Flex Type coilovers i have on my car are great..my set up is really really helping me out. I can drift just with the KA24DE...NO need for some SR20 Set up..its too expensive and not really nessecary. I just have bolt-ons and some miner bottom end work...New pistons, connecting rods...ETC. And its Great!

ALso, Good tires are a must!, I'd say go with Toyo Proxys T1..I use them.. and i must say, they drift when you want them and grip when you want them too...Its all about knowing the charecteristics of the car and your control with the Gas pedal ...All i have to say is...Learn from expirience and dont ask people HOW TO drift on forums...Every driver is different..Also the set-up preference of their car could be different from the attitude/set-up of your preference.
Old 03-27-2006, 06:53 AM

wasnt this thread started asking about an sr swap?......

Quick Reply: HIgh School Student with 240SX Project