S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

i got me a 240!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2002, 12:49 PM

Talking i got me a 240!!!!!

Well im 17 years old and i live in Port Jervis NY, i don't even have my license yet (soon...) but i got a 1989 240SX SE, for only $1700,
its not too bad, all i need is a new batt, some brake pads, rotate tires, and thats it for now, but my dad says i cant do any performance mods or parts till i pay it all off... oh well

heres a pic and tell me what u all think!!!!
Attached Thumbnails i got me a 240!!!!!-dvc00193.jpg  
Old 10-22-2002, 01:07 PM

pretty nice ride, whats your plans for it? your 17 and you dont have your licence? i got mine the day i turned 16.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:18 PM

crap...

yeah i just realized that there is a new member section...crap...well i dont know much, so can u mods change it over or something?

well after i pay for it first thing im gonna get is an exhaust cuz it needs one anyways, im thinking of the Apexi Dual N1 Exhaust, tell me what u guys think!!! and if i can get the cash im thinkin about getting one of those veilside kits...if not im gonna have to go cheaper....
Old 10-22-2002, 01:38 PM

yeah i just realized that there is a new member section...crap...well i dont know much, so can u mods change it over or something?
hahaha deja vu. i said the exact same thing. that new member section needs to be on the top so its unavoidable, its all tucked down there where no one can see it.
Old 10-22-2002, 01:44 PM

Re: crap...

Originally posted by vash

well after i pay for it first thing im gonna get is an exhaust cuz it needs one anyways, im thinking of the Apexi Dual N1 Exhaust, tell me what u guys think!!! and if i can get the cash im thinkin about getting one of those veilside kits...if not im gonna have to go cheaper....
well from what i hear on the boards (i am still a noobie to this stuff too) the dual n1 is VERY loud. Unless you feel like setting some car alarms off, getting pulled by every cop you pass, and feel like paying stupid fix-it tickets (yes i have gotten some, and they are a pain in the rear) i would stick to a little more quiter exhaust, but aggressive one. you gonna swap the motor?
Old 10-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Contributing Member

the dual n1 is a good exhaust. you get low-end torque. yeah its loud, but you have to compromse sometimes. it don't get really loud till 4500 prm.

you could buy alot of hp for what you pay for a veilside kit.........
Old 10-22-2002, 02:19 PM

Originally posted by rudeboy
the dual n1 is a good exhaust. you get low-end torque. yeah its loud, but you have to compromse sometimes. it don't get really loud till 4500 prm.

you could buy alot of hp for what you pay for a veilside kit.........
true that, go fast then look good. or if you got enough cash do both
Old 10-22-2002, 03:59 PM
Contributing Member

Welcome to the site.

Nice whip for a starter. U should get the exhaust. Tune it up making sure everyting is working properly for reliable performance and then work the suspension. Don't worry bout looks till you can use the car's amazing chasis.

Ask away and our people will try their best to help you.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:24 PM

really nice car. i see it already has rims that arent horidly ugly like mine (stock and look like hubcaps, but they arent ). is that the HUD....thing(i dont know what to call it)...on the windshield? im going with the dual N1 too. good luck!
Old 10-22-2002, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Hey look guys there's someone who lives near me! lol. Anyway, hi. Welcome to the site. BTW I'm from Middletown.
Old 10-22-2002, 05:38 PM
Contributing Member

Re: i got me a 240!!!!!

Originally posted by vash
Well im 17 years old and i live in Port Jervis NY, i don't even have my license yet (soon...) but i got a 1989 240SX SE, for only $1700,
its not too bad, all i need is a new batt, some brake pads, rotate tires, and thats it for now, but my dad says i cant do any performance mods or parts till i pay it all off... oh well

heres a pic and tell me what u all think!!!!
Welcome to the site! I hope you are able to find all of the information you need here.

I like the color of your car. I am just not to keen on the brown interior.
Old 10-22-2002, 07:15 PM

thanks everyone

well im not thinking about an engine swap anytime soon for now im just focusing on paying this off, and whats a good exhaust that isnt TOO loud but still has a good sound and performance?
thanks
Old 10-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Contributing Member

The common consensus for a N/A 240 exhaust is the Apex'i N1 dual.
Old 10-22-2002, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

welcome man .... nice choice of first car... dont do body mods... go all out performance for now... and drop the badboy....
Old 10-22-2002, 10:56 PM
Contributing Member

malice- you always the first to say drop it.
damnit. i wana be first next time!!

Last edited by rudeboy; 10-23-2002 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: i got me a 240!!!!!