S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

im finally in the family

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 01:22 PM

im finally in the family

hello, ive been reading these forums for quite a while and ive been dreaming of a 240 for even longer. well i finally got one, $1900. 92 fastback 5spd with 210k. it runs really well except i have a couple questions. my clutch pedal is extremely light it doesnt seem to have a problem engaging except a few times it almost stalled going into first, im not sure if the original owner ever replaced the clutch so it may just be worn or maybe it has something to do with the hydraulics?? is everyone elses clutch pedals really really light ???
well thats it for now. thanks alot
--chris
Old 03-07-2004, 10:21 PM

welcome to the forums. maybe your clutch is beginning to slip meaning maybe you might have to replace it soon. let an avid manual driver test drive your car and see if what he/she thinks about it. then check your clutch fluid reservoir if theres plenty of fluid in there and if its dirty. if theres very little left, you can fill it up with brake fluid. check the manual for the right type of brake fluid just in case. i use dextron something. if it still doesnt work, i suggest you take it to a mechanic to see if theres any problems going on. thats pretty much it. good luck and have fun with your new 240!
Old 03-08-2004, 03:27 AM

Welcome to the forums
Old 03-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Contributing Member

welcome to the forums, welcome to the family.
Old 03-12-2004, 12:11 PM
Contributing Member

welcome

If you're talking almost "feather like" lightness, then something's wrong with the clutch and I"d have someone check it out asap - that's one of the more important areas of the car that can cause potential injury if not maintained properly.

Not like I mean that the clutch pedal will shoot out and smack you in the forehead.... but you know
Old 03-14-2004, 07:44 PM

thanks for the advice guys. yea i think i need a new clutch, i only have to push the pedal in like maybe 2 inches and its done. i got an injen i/s intake and its a little easier to drive now b/c it used to nearly stall when going into first.

im looking for a new clutch for my ka2de... i dont really want to get an expensive racing clutch b/c i plan on a swap in about a year and im only going to do intake/exhaust/ecu until then.

any suggestions for a good affordable clutch that can handle a little power???

thankyou
--chris
Old 03-17-2004, 01:50 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fashionsurge
thanks for the advice guys. yea i think i need a new clutch, i only have to push the pedal in like maybe 2 inches and its done. i got an injen i/s intake and its a little easier to drive now b/c it used to nearly stall when going into first.

im looking for a new clutch for my ka2de... i dont really want to get an expensive racing clutch b/c i plan on a swap in about a year and im only going to do intake/exhaust/ecu until then.

any suggestions for a good affordable clutch that can handle a little power???

thankyou
--chris
Even an OEM clutch should handle an intake/exhaust/ecu upgrade (unless you plan on doing 2 hour burnouts or something stupid)... been reading a lot about Exedy's OEM replacement being a good deal... Ebay has em cheap, and compared to the no-namer clutches, Exedy has a good rep with them
Old 03-17-2004, 10:21 AM

hey thanks for the advice raine, i almost never think of looking on ebay for anything. yea i checked a few websites like morepowerracing, dialaclutch, and a few performance parts places but the only listings for exedy clutches in s13s are for like sr20s.

so im thinking that maybe i'll have to get a clutch for a nissan pickup that uses the ka24de. ???

im defintely into exedy clutches, but i sortof want to wait til after i swap motors (rb25 oneday in the future) before i lay down some serious cash on a nice hyper exedy.

thanks again
--chris
Old 03-17-2004, 11:31 AM

http://www.club240.com/forums/showth...threadid=10798
i'm not sure if it's for sale still tho...
Old 03-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Contributing Member

this one still is: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2467200784