S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 11:57 PM

New here

Hey guys, i'm Andrew. I just put a downpayment on a 1991 fastback, and well im pretty excited. Cant wait to get into the whole drift scene and purchase a set of wheels with a ridiculous offset.

-Andrew
Old 09-22-2008, 12:45 AM

WELCOME TO THE FORUMS !!!! down payment of a 240sx? what year? specs? plans? just rims? o.O
Old 09-22-2008, 02:50 AM
Contributing Member

Welcome Skywalker...but without pics you are not a Jedi yet! Seriously, welcome to the forum man!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:43 AM

haha. well its a 1991 fastback. Black, 5 speed, 140K gentle miles (old lady), completly stock and unmolested. Body is in good shape, but paint has suffered many years without a buff/ wax (prob. its whole life). Has some sort of aftermarket sunroof that doesn't leak (but you know how that is). and power nothing.

Id snap some pics, but the car is not mine yet... I have to pay the rest off before I can get it in my own hands (i only owe 2,240). That is why you should purchase some of my for sale audio equipment .
Old 09-22-2008, 05:49 AM

1. sleepy eye/ rip out back seat and trunk to get the +50BHP (bling hp)
2. Fix shifter wobble or prob. just get a short throw
3. k sport or megan coilovers (slam it)
4. wheels with some ridiculous offset (fn01rcs maybe)
5. didnt get that far yet
Old 09-22-2008, 05:58 AM

Oh God . . . I'm not reading this . . . .sheeze . . .is this what drifting in the states is coming too?

I'm going back to Japan . . .
Old 09-22-2008, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Oh God . . . I'm not reading this . . . .sheeze . . .is this what drifting in the states is coming too?

I'm going back to Japan . . .
What? Already judging?
Old 09-22-2008, 08:25 AM

That is Alot of money for that 240 dude, how much are you paying in total?
I'm not trying to be an *** by saying so, i'm just saying i paid 1300 for mine and everyone says i paid to much. but welcome to the forum dude. good luck with the car.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 AM

2,500 is what I am paying.
I just figured it was a decent deal because well is the DOHC, still pulls hard, and its completly stock. (unmolested)
Also, there is basically no rust! That is hard to come by in my area.

Last edited by Asneer; 09-22-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Asneer
What? Already judging?
I don't pass judgment until I see the finished product, but judging by your list of "modifications" it just seems like you're already headed in the wrong direction. However, as I just mentioned, I'll wait until I see what you do/can do and we'll move on from there . . .
Old 09-22-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
I don't pass judgment until I see the finished product, but judging by your list of "modifications" it just seems like you're already headed in the wrong direction. However, as I just mentioned, I'll wait until I see what you do/can do and we'll move on from there . . .
Ahh, well i can see where your coming from let me explain.

1. Sleepy eyes because I think they look really cool.
2. Rip out back seat and trunk because that is what I always do when i buy a coupe. and quite frankly, the rear end interior is ****ing ugly.
3. Not sure what the shifter fix would be... I have to get into the car more.
4. I want to lower it first thing because it looks like a damn monster truck the way it sits now, and well I'm going with Megan's most likely because I have had great luck with their coilovers in the past.
5. I want to get a nice set of wheels basically because their are steelies on the car that make it look like a ****box. I say FN01RC's because they are my favorite wheel, and I had a set of 17x8's in the past. In the past I had a 99 impreza coupe that i crushed autox's with, I was the only one running a set of 17x8's with 245-40-17 tires with unmodified fenders.

So... With that being said, I would LOVE to hear everyones feedback. Let me know what the bast mods are that I should make first thing. I am not going to worry about the paint for a while because Ill be buying some type of lip kit in the future along with some type of over fenders, or fender flares.

Be honest guys, let me know whats up. Im not a drifter, I prob will never be good at it. but I want to get into the scene. Thats all. (i had a suby. awd in winter= sideways all the time)

-Andrew

Last edited by Asneer; 09-22-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:54 AM

Smile

-Andrew
To fix the shifter, go to nissan and order a shifter bushing.

its 4 dlls and fixes your wobbling.

i've done it many times on multiple nissans.

its bassically a little plastic that goes on the bottom tip of the shifter.

no need to get a short throw shifter.

and FIRST MOD is to get the car in your drive way.

you owe 2 grand on the car.

good luck

ricky
Old 09-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Contributing Member

2500 is a lot for an s13. I bought an S14 for 1500 in great condition.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:25 AM

Ahh, well i can see where your coming from let me explain.

1. Sleepy eyes because I think they look really cool.
2. Rip out back seat and trunk because that is what I always do when i buy a coupe. and quite frankly, the rear end interior is ****ing ugly.
4. I want to lower it first thing because it looks like a damn monster truck the way it sits now, and well I'm going with Megan's most likely because I have had great luck with their coilovers in the past.
5. I want to get a nice set of wheels basically because their are steelies on the car that make it look like a ****box. I say FN01RC's because they are my favorite wheel, and I had a set of 17x8's in the past. In the past I had a 99 impreza coupe that i crushed autox's with, I was the only one running a set of 17x8's with 245-40-17 tires with unmodified fenders.

So... With that being said, I would LOVE to hear everyones feedback. Let me know what the bast mods are that I should make first thing. I am not going to worry about the paint for a while because Ill be buying some type of lip kit in the future along with some type of over fenders, or fender flares.

Be honest guys, let me know whats up. Im not a drifter, I prob will never be good at it. but I want to get into the scene. Thats all. (i had a suby. awd in winter= sideways all the time)

-Andrew
Hmmm . . .I don't know, most people say they want to hear my honest opinion, but then they really do not. . . let me know if you do, then we'll continue from there.

-Dave
Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Contributing Member

down payment?

fix the shifter wobble?

Quick Reply: New here