S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New here

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 12:16 PM

I put my Flame suit on when I say hello on a forum site. I'm fully prepared for what people have to say. Lets here it. Im not familiar with Nissans yet... give it time, ill look back and call myself a retard I realize this.

Last edited by Asneer; 09-22-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
Hmmm . . .I don't know, most people say they want to hear my honest opinion, but then they really do not. . . let me know if you do, then we'll continue from there.

-Dave
Dave, I'm sure I have dealt with bigger jerks than your planning on being, so let me here what you have to say. Im not a little boy.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
down payment?

fix the shifter wobble?
Down payment... Problem?

Shifter wobble... you know, when your in first gear the shifter moves around like your in not in gear? Maybe I have no idea what im talking about?
Old 09-22-2008, 01:29 PM

LMAO! I like you already!

I don't plan on being a jerk at all . . . I am working however, so let me get this server back up and running, make sure these media people can connect to it and that it can see the WAN and I'll be back . .

HAHA!

Awesome!

-Dave
Old 09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Asneer
Down payment... Problem?

Shifter wobble... you know, when your in first gear the shifter moves around like your in not in gear? Maybe I have no idea what im talking about?
The reason a down payment seems like such a problem is because 240's are such cheap car's you don't usually expect someone to put a down payment on one.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:48 PM

lets not call it DOWN PAYMENT then

its causing so many issues.

lets call it a deposit.

riky
Old 09-22-2008, 06:17 PM

lol
Old 09-22-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by shaban
The reason a down payment seems like such a problem is because 240's are such cheap car's you don't usually expect someone to put a down payment on one.
Im a broke *** college student! Sorry haha. AAAAnd apparently I paid way to much for it... no big deal im one of those i see it i buy it type of guys... (sucks sometimes)

Last edited by Asneer; 09-22-2008 at 06:28 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:21 PM

Dave, I hate it when a person can't just take verbal abuse on forums... It just makes everything so compliated. Then the mods like yourself have to get involved and its just retarded.

ps you have any vids of your drifting/ autox events? (i dont think i have ever seen a mustang drift well... and quite frankly never thought to look it up.) Also assuming you drive that mustang.

Last edited by Asneer; 09-22-2008 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 PM
Contributing Member

the down payment or deposit or what ever you'd like to call it has already been addressed so i won't go into more detail. about the shifter wobble thought, 240s have a terrible amount of shifter slop. the best you can do is replace the plastic piece on the bottom of the shifter and be happy.

you seem to have a good attitude about facing criticism so you should do well here. don't mind dave either he just likes to rub it in our faces that he usually has a better car than the rest of us.

i'm looking into getting me one of these bad boys myself though.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:47 PM

I kinda do still want to get a short shifter anyways (what shal I get)... but ill try the new plastic piece. This is like crazy slop... like alaslop i could be in 1st and i could pretty much move it all the way to reverse without it popping out of gear. its was nuts. I was kinda impressed actually.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Asneer
Dave, I hate it when a person can't just take verbal abuse on forums... It just makes everything so compliated. Then the mods like yourself have to get involved and its just retarded.

ps you have any vids of your drifting/ autox events? (i dont think i have ever seen a mustang drift well... and quite frankly never thought to look it up.) Also assuming you drive that mustang.
Do I have to respond to that last part? I don't think its necessary for me to post any of my videos in your forum. This is your time in the spotlight, not mine.

I enjoy your sense of challenge though and I can't wait to see what happens in future ventures.

What I was getting at with your modification list is that you seem to think that there's some image that you have to fit before you're "accepted" in drifting. I'm here to say, there is no "scene" this isn't Fast and Furious. There is no image, this isn't a video game. It's drifting a grassroots sport. Stop talking about "bling", stop talking about doing silly things like ripping out a 15 pound rear seat assembly. The weight distribution change would be so marginal that it would literally take a computer to assess the difference. You said coilovers . . .I guess that's okay, I mean, it's a start. If you ARE interested in getting into drifting, not into some "drift scene" as you put it, talk to some real drifters who have been out there and are doing it now.

the down payment or deposit or what ever you'd like to call it has already been addressed so i won't go into more detail. about the shifter wobble thought, 240s have a terrible amount of shifter slop. the best you can do is replace the plastic piece on the bottom of the shifter and be happy.

you seem to have a good attitude about facing criticism so you should do well here. don't mind dave either he just likes to rub it in our faces that he usually has a better car than the rest of us.

i'm looking into getting me one of these bad boys myself though.
That's a good looking Cobra . . .you should pick one up if you're interested. I hear they have half-shaft problems in the rear but I mean if that's true, there's always something you can do about it. I think it'd handle better than a Bullitt when sideways, I think, I'm not sure.

I don't rub anything in at all, I point out facts sometimes, but I try to reserve opinion . . . I try to . . . LOL.

-Dave
Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 PM
Contributing Member

half shaft problems!?!?!

nvm i'll get a camaro instead. idk for sure yet but i'd like something american with serious torque and hp. i love nissans and my 240 above all but the fact is i was raised around domestics so i do know what hp is and where it's at. what i'd love to have if it wasn't for the fact that i can't afford it is a late 60's early 70's road runner. actually i'd take just about any amreican car of that ear.

i totally agree about the image thing you said. that's more or less why i have my ka in my sig. i'm not some naive kid who thinks his car is the greatest thing ever. i'm not afraid to disagree with the majority so i proudly display my sohc.

oh btw new guy you don't want to see any of stigs vids. it's mainly him loosing control of the car and taking out cones.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 09-22-2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:34 PM

half shaft problems!?!?!

nvm i'll get a camaro instead. idk for sure yet but i'd like something american with serious torque and hp. i love nissans and my 240 above all but the fact is i was raised around domestics so i do know what hp is and where it's at. what i'd love to have if it wasn't for the fact that i can't afford it is a late 60's early 70's road runner. actually i'd take just about any amreican car of that ear.

i totally agree about the image thing you said. that's more or less why i have my ka in my sig. i'm not some naive kid how thinks his car is the greatest thing ever. i'm not afraid to disagree with the majority so i proudly display my sohc.

oh btw new guy you don't want to see any of stigs vids. it's mainly him loosing control of the car and taking out cones.

LOL! You just want to see more vids of the Bullitt, HAHAHAHA! It's so shameless . . .
Old 09-22-2008, 09:20 PM

Drift scene?? haha nooooo The only scene I like to be in is the "im not a ****ing annoying ricer dude" scene. Like i said, if I own a coupe, the rear seats come out. ALWAYS. They even came out in the 1995 buick regal I had. no joke. I hate driving people around.

I was just kidding about the BHP by the way... It was like an inside joke to myself.

As far as the coilovers go... Wouldn't you agree that the stock 240's look like little monster trucks? This car is just begging to be slammed.

Quick Reply: New here