S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New here having clutch problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 01:51 PM

Question New here having clutch problems

What up everyone goined just a week ago . . have already learned so much here. . . this place is great

I bought a 240 out west this summer but unfortunately live in the midwest and have to drive it through the winter
Its a 90' , with 90,000 miles on it, great condition. . the only thing that ive gotten around to doin so far was throwin some rims on it, have some plans for it though soon as spring hits and it gets nice . . anyways

about the clutch. . . its worked just fine up until the other day, I went to get in and there was no response in the clutch, when i pushed down on it, it just stayed down checked the clutch fluid and it was real real low so i filled it back up. But that didn't seem to fix the problem? Anyone else have anything like this happen? this is my first manual car so dont know to much about clutchs. . . goin to learn though . . so does anyone know how i would be able to fix this?
Old 11-05-2003, 03:06 PM
Contributing Member

Re: New here having clutch problems

Originally posted by 240_swtnss
What up everyone goined just a week ago . . have already learned so much here. . . this place is great

I bought a 240 out west this summer but unfortunately live in the midwest and have to drive it through the winter
Its a 90' , with 90,000 miles on it, great condition. . the only thing that ive gotten around to doin so far was throwin some rims on it, have some plans for it though soon as spring hits and it gets nice . . anyways

about the clutch. . . its worked just fine up until the other day, I went to get in and there was no response in the clutch, when i pushed down on it, it just stayed down checked the clutch fluid and it was real real low so i filled it back up. But that didn't seem to fix the problem? Anyone else have anything like this happen? this is my first manual car so dont know to much about clutchs. . . goin to learn though . . so does anyone know how i would be able to fix this?
First off welcome to the foruns, glad u like it here.
I might know a solution to ur problem, ur master clutch cylinder probably died. Replace it with a new one from auto zone for 20 bucks and it should probably be good. Im not to knowledgible on this topic so ya..
Old 11-06-2003, 12:19 PM

thanks for the suggestion. . . i'll probably get around to getting one of those this weekend. . me and a buddy are going to try to bleed the clutch line today and see if there is any air in there to get out and see if that helps out at all.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:37 PM

Welcome to the forums