S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New to the Nissan Scene

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 10:40 PM

Talking New to the Nissan Scene

I have always been into Nissans and their ability to create such power yet be able to have the ability to drift like no other. My dream car will always be to own a R34....man..a Skyline in the driveway would mean I need nothing else in life lol....since i cant get that now and I dont see it happening anytime at all...
I would like to get into doing swaps and Nissan builds more. I currently only own a 1996 Nissan Pickup XE Hardbody.....

i have seen people do a SR20DET swap to these trucks

i have a ton of questions and i hope some people here can help me get this project started....

i really wanna do a RB20 or RB25 or RB26....
is this swap possible to do in my Pickup?
where would i start?

my goals are to have a diff set-up then anything around my area and to make great power while still having that control to drift.
...i have never heard or seen of a Pickup with a RB motor at all.....

lol i really do sound like a newb i guess....
im not new to turbos and making a build but ive only worked on hondas and just doing the usual maintenance on all my vehicles.

the frame is in great shape on these truck and there is so much room under the hood it seems pretty easy that such a big motor would fit...but looks do deceive cause i have no idea the size of a RB motor lol....

Thanks for any input and advice.....im looking foward to do this and im hoping to find some way to make it happen....

Thanks,
B-Turbo
Old 11-14-2008, 10:47 PM
Contributing Member

You can fit any engine into any car/truck. It just depends how much money you are willing to spend. I'm telling you this, an RB25 into a 240sx usually costs around $10,000 - $15,000 in the end. An RB26 into a 240sx usually costs around $15,000 - $20,000. I'm sure that either engine into a truck is going to even more expensive.

Honestly, I do not see this swap happening, but I would love to see it happen.

Also, before you start asking stupid questions, I hope this isn't the first forum you've been on and know how to use the Search button. If you don't find anything using the search button, use google, and then if yous till don't find your answer, we'll be glad to help.

Welcome to the community.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 PM

i searched a bit and found some people doin things with hardbody trucks but on this site only doing small things.....just doin NA mostly.....unless i missed something then opps my bad...lol

i have searched and searched online to find anything to help me figure out how to get something goin and everytime it was just a pic of what has been done or an article about things.....this site i found out to be very helpful in the info it has on the motor types and what others have done with 240s and such...im big fan of 240s but i cant afford to even get a cheap a$$ one to work on....

i figured an RB swap is gonna be huge but i still wanna know what would be needed to do this....i cant find anything about doin a RB swap to a hardbody... i read a few posts about a some company doing one but i didnt find any info on what was used or how to do so.... ik a SR swap would be a cheaper way to go and i could still get a crap load of power but i was just wondering about goin big..... if the RB swap is too much(which i figured it was to begin with) then i would like to do a SR swap...

didnt mean to just post with random questions but everything i kept finding wasnt any help....til this site

any info on brands that most nissan enthusiasts use and sites to buy things would be appreciated too .....and yes i will be searching in the mean time lol

well found one site that seems good so far

http://www.jdmracingmotors.com

Last edited by Biggamehit; 11-14-2008 at 11:50 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Contributing Member

first before you look for anything. you need to develop a plan:

-what do I want to do
-why do i want to do it
-what quality of parts do I want/can afford.
etc

If you want to be different, sorry you're to late, its all been done.. however you can still make your car unique. I personally am not into modifiying for no reason at all.

As far as the Rb25 into a hardbody, One of the shops you are speaking of MidAtlantic MotorSports in MD, Im buddies with the owner good guys great shop.

This site has good info, but we are just one of many sites. I am part or many sites and they all do their part in serving the community.

Searching online is not as simple as putting: Rb25+240+how to do it easy

you have to complie data sometimes from many sources, just make sure that they are valid.

Last edited by Biggamehit; 11-14-2008 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:09 AM

hey welcome to the forum
with that bein said, if u cant afford a cheap a$$ 240 then going nething rb really isnt gonna be your best choice, like biggamehit said if u wanna be diff sry to late, an as far as bein unique, swappin an sr20 wouldnt do that IMO personally jus cuz its a truck id aim towards an ls1 swap haha but thats jus me, otherwise biuld the engine u got, really the possibilities r endless you can do literally anything u want, if your willing to spend the time, money, ect..
so for power u would be covered, but as far as drifting the truck goes, i dont no much at all about the trucks but im gonna go out on a limb an say it prolly wouldnt work out to well, jus cuz of the suspension setup they have an how well they are(or are not) balanced ect.. theres alot of things u gotta take into account there, but all in all u could def have one bada$$ truck if u put the time into it
Old 11-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Contributing Member

there are a few drift trucks out running around at US Drift and Nopi, but well..................... they have put millions of Pennies into them

1 million Pennies=like 1000 dollars or something i failed math in college there for my legally Dumb
Old 11-15-2008, 03:42 AM
Contributing Member

yea putting a rb in a hardbody requires alot of custom work cutting and welding. a sr barely fits in a hardbody because it sits so far back i put one in my friends hardbody we had to bang on the firewall with a large hammer to make space for the SR lol
Old 11-15-2008, 05:55 AM
Contributing Member

Hammmer Ftws
Old 11-15-2008, 09:55 AM

i had this video called whiplash 2. the guy who made it has the black integra that always wins the burnout contest at the nopi events. anyway, one of the guys in the video has a sr powered hardbody, and this thing whooped the crap outa the civics. you wouldnt have the first SR powered truck, but i think its still different enough and a easier goal to obtain than the RB..heres some inspiration if you want to get into the drift scene
Name:  100_2292.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  10.7 KB
Old 11-15-2008, 01:47 PM

in my first post i said i want something diff and that hasnt been done in my area...not in the nation or world.....

ik an RB would be alot, i was just interested to hear comments and that i got so thanks everyone! i think i am just gonna go with a SR or ka24de.....

i wanna do the SR swap cause i like the performance out put of those motors being stock...so i can just swap and drive plus still have some good power....

the ka24de i would only do if i really dont wanna spend the money for a big swap and then i can use w/e other cash to mod it......

im just getting my ideas straight......i see the SR being a sick set-up in the hardbody but the ka24de would just be an easier swap.....

seein that hardbody drifting def makes me wanna do this now hahaha thanks for that!

well i hope sometime in the near future i will have pix of me doin the hammering FTW hahaha.....

and i have searched for stuff.....and i am compiling data....i have accounts on other nissan forums but i havent gotten many responses on them like i have here, hence why im talkin wit u guys lol the other ones also didnt have such good set-up of info either......if anyone has any other sites or forums i can talk on i would appreciate it cause most of the ones i find suck .......
Old 11-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Contributing Member

Why not just do the suspension first? That guy in the picture has easily $3,000 in suspension work alone.
Old 11-15-2008, 02:38 PM

thats true.....i will prob start looking into more stuff tonight.....i was just interested in the motors to begin with.....i guess now that i got an idea of what i wanna do there i will look at the other parts i will need to handle the motor....
Old 11-16-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Biggamehit
there are a few drift trucks out running around at US Drift and Nopi, but well..................... they have put millions of Pennies into them

1 million Pennies=like 1000 dollars or something i failed math in college there for my legally Dumb
lol i never even took ne math my senior year highschool or in college, so ur a smidgen smarter than me to say the least
Old 11-16-2008, 06:30 PM

Hmmmmmmm . . . . . .welcome to the forums
Old 11-16-2008, 09:33 PM
Contributing Member

I thought that guy had a mitsubishi motor in his truck??? I drift with him sometimes at Beaverun. Well he didnt go at all this year. He is a member of Suislide Drift team.

Quick Reply: New to the Nissan Scene