S-Chassis Newbie / FAQs Forum New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the community. FAQs will also be answered in here.

New Owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 12:57 PM

Smile New Owner

I just recently bought a 1992 Nissan 240SX SE, the car is 100% stock except for a Panasonic CD/MP3 deck and aftermarket speakers.

The first thing I want to do is fully deck out the suspension (everything from mounts and braces to control arms and coilovers) I just don't know what is the best. I'm still searching through the forums to see what people are running and happy with. This car will be driven on the street but also will be my weekend track car (I'm looking at grip races not drift)

If anyone has any suggestions on what is the best company for suspension I'd love to hear it. I'm already looking at Moton Coilovers just to give you the impression on how much money isn't a problem on this project.

P.S. I'm probably thinking to do a RB26 swap in the distant future.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 AM

Welcome to the forum dude!

Also, I'm usually not the pessimistic kind, but EVERY new guy with a 240sx says they are going to do a rb26 swap, so my first question is have you actually done extensive research on the swap and created a budget for it?
Old 06-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by hatrick6
Welcome to the forum dude!

Also, I'm usually not the pessimistic kind, but EVERY new guy with a 240sx says they are going to do a rb26 swap, so my first question is have you actually done extensive research on the swap and created a budget for it?
Yes I have, and I have 4 friends that I have assisted in doing the swap with them. 2 were RB20s, 1 was a RB25, and 1 was a RB26. So I'm familiar with what needs to be done, and I have like 15 links of write ups that I've read more than once just to make sure.

But I know where you are coming from, most people put their foot in their mouth about a swap like this. I'm still doing my research on exactly what I want to do with the car in a whole though.
Old 06-25-2009, 06:24 PM

I don't personally know "who's the best" in any company, but my suggestion is to read reviews and ask around. I don't if I'm allowed to promote any other websites on here, but if you check out timeattackforums.com, I have acquaintances on there that are professional drivers and they have first hand experience with nice suspension set-ups. I'm glad that you're for grip too. Seems like everyone goes for drifting...don't get me wrong, I love watching it...but I have not actually tried it...YET
Old 06-25-2009, 07:37 PM

Welcome to the site..I believe someone on my site did a rb26 swap...check it out, not sure ill look for the link to it. but just join for now..

anyways. welcome to club240!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:56 PM

damn RB26....GL

$$$$$
Old 06-26-2009, 12:59 PM

Welcome!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:12 PM

OOoOoOoO RB26DETTSWAPKINGDORIFTOTOUGECHAMPION!!!!!11111onee leven
Old 06-27-2009, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by JapanS15
I don't personally know "who's the best" in any company, but my suggestion is to read reviews and ask around. I don't if I'm allowed to promote any other websites on here, but if you check out timeattackforums.com, I have acquaintances on there that are professional drivers and they have first hand experience with nice suspension set-ups. I'm glad that you're for grip too. Seems like everyone goes for drifting...don't get me wrong, I love watching it...but I have not actually tried it...YET
I've actually been drifting before, it's fun, it's just not my favorite thing in the world. A grip car can be driven fine on regular roads, lol try daily driving a drift car and you'll need new tires every other weekend. Unless of course you want to re adjust you camber and everything else constantly.

I do plan to do a drift car too, I'm going to do another S13 240sx with a KA24DE(T) and have the engine ported nicely so it doesn't choke on the exhaust side. If anyone is wondering why I want a KA24DE for drifting, it is because it's a great car for low to mid range power, which in my experience is where you will stay while drifting, unless you are some kind a crazy/professional drifter that can drift the entire time going excess of 100mph.

My first project isn't going to be the KA24DE(T) because (One) I want a new daily driver, and (Two) I plan to spend more time and money on the drifter.

Last edited by aimannghazi; 06-27-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by aimannghazi
lol try daily driving a drift car and you'll need new tires every other weekend. Unless of course you want to re adjust you camber and everything else constantly.

What? That doesn't make any sense, a car setup for maximum grip is going to be far more harsh on the streets than a car setup for drift. . . .
Old 06-27-2009, 05:08 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
OOoOoOoO RB26DETTSWAPKINGDORIFTOTOUGECHAMPION!!!!!11111onee leven
quote of the day, it's almost sig worthy.

but on a serious note, i just noticed that you're a fellow washingtonian. there are plenty of people and shops in your area that can help.

Last edited by jramosthe1st!; 06-27-2009 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by jramosthe1st!
quote of the day, it's almost sig worthy.
^_^
Old 06-28-2009, 12:13 AM
Contributing Member

I daily a drift car. I go through a set of tires every other month because of my welded diff. I swerve around pot holes, angle drive into any place with a curb that is more than 1/2" high, and I almost die of asphixiation from my screamer pipe every time I boost. Overall a great daily driver IMO.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by USMCDrifter
What? That doesn't make any sense, a car setup for maximum grip is going to be far more harsh on the streets than a car setup for drift. . . .
+10

Grip and drift are not that far apart in setups brother
Old 06-30-2009, 11:57 AM

I never really seen it that way, I still want a grip car, just my main preference, but I'm in the dilemma of which do I want part daily. 1 will be full on race, it sounds that drift/daily would be more probable than grip/daily. The only issue I have on welded diff drifter for daily in this area is it rains often and in the winter it snows.
"There's my exit... ahh sh**"
:drift:
: police siren:
"What were you trying to do there son?"
"Ummm... I lost control?"

LoL

I could always do a good VLSD to make it more streetable than a welded diff.

Quick Reply: New Owner